Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Juicing is so amazing

I just made the most amazing green juice in my breville juicer. Does anyone else enjoy juicing? I find it gives me so much energy and my skin Is so vibrant.

YES!!!

Several years ago I did the Raw Diet. I juiced everyday multiple times per day. Actually...I'm pretty sure I ONLY did juice for the first couple of weeks. I lost 80 lbs in three months. It was awesome. But the amazing part was all of the other health benefits.

Glowing Skin...and I mean glowing. People would stop and ask me what I was using on my skin. I stopped wearing make-up because my face was totally flawless.

Super Shiny hair....my hair had this beautiful sheen to it. It totally stopped falling out in the shower and the hairbrush. It grew longer and thicker. Same with my fingernails.

More Energy....I was popping up in the morning so refreshed and alive. I didn't need as much sleep! It was like all of those fresh vegetables were making every atom and cell ALIVE.

No Cravings For Processed food....now this was the best part. After about two weeks eating only raw food I lost ALL of my food cravings. I could be around and even cook food and not have any urges to eat it. It was like once the processed crap was out of my system, my system didn't yearn for it anymore. It totally showed me how food is physically addictive.

I wish wish wish I could go 100% Raw again. But that whole process was so psychological and I've never been able to go to that space since. I was going through a divorce and spiritual awakening/transformation and PURGING myself of so many toxic things, food being one of them.

I still juice, but not like I did during my Raw phase. It was really cool.

I have never juiced and I find this very intriguing. I would love to do this...wouldn't even know where to start or what to put together....I imagine this would be good for when you are on full liquids/soft foods post op....right?

I juice on and off. I got recipes from Pinterest boards. Rule of thumb is lots of veggies and a little bit of fruit to sweeten it up. My favorite is spinach or kale, carrots, celery, cucumber, an apple or pineapple (small amount) and a pinch of ginger. Very satisfying, very good, and I feel wonderful when I juice. I don't do it for every meal. Maybe as Breakfast or lunch as a Meal Replacement.

I have never juiced and I find this very intriguing. I would love to do this...wouldn't even know where to start or what to put together....I imagine this would be good for when you are on full liquids/soft foods post op....right?

I juice more in the summer when the veggies are in season. Basically all you need is a juicer which you can pick up at any Wal-Mart or Target type stores, and the vegetables/fruits. The more expensive juicers extract more Fluid from the vegetables and leave the pulp much dryer but the cheaper models work totally fine.

You would be surprised at what veggi combo's are delicious. Adding spinach to anything makes it sweet. Some people like a Tomato base, some like more of a carrot base. My staple vegetables are carrots, tomatoes, celery, spinach, kale, and beets (in small amounts). My staple fruits are bananas, apples, strawberries, and cantaloupe.

Vegetable juice packs much more of a nutrient punch than the fruits, so focus on those more. But mix & match. There is no right or wrong.

I plan on making juice the cornerstone of my diet after surgery. Add a scoop of Protein powder in and it will be extra beneficial. You get all your nutrients and fluids in together! I am *pretty* sure that I will not experience hair loss because of my experience with the Raw Juice diet before. I had very little Protein, tons of vegetable juice, and my hair was stronger and thicker than ever.

Every day for about three weeks now. I love it! My skin is glowing. The weight is falling off. I juice once per night & eat Protein during the day. (And lattes, for full disclosure lol)

Edited by sleevethefatbehind

My family has juiced for the last year n a half. Kids love it, they go nuts to help make it and drink it. Husband lost 35 pounds drinking green juice last year. He's put a few back on because of winter so he's planning another juice fest to lose the few pounds this spring.

We heart our breville juicer! I did drink it post op for a week or two when I wasnt getting much in me. Haven't had it recently.

I should add this... I started on a cheap store model, spent 50 on it. It lasted 3 weeks. Then I spent the $ on a breville. If you think you'll stick with it long term, I would just spend the extra and get the lowest breville model. They have several models and price ranges to choose from.

Edited by gomekast

This is a great idea for post-op,... I will be looking into purchasing a juicier after surgery. Should start a recipe thread if there isn't already one for it... :-)

This is a great idea for post-op,... I will be looking into purchasing a juicier after surgery. Should start a recipe thread if there isn't already one for it... :-)

Juicing is an excellent way to get in your veggies if u don't eat them regularly. It tastes weird in the beginning but you can always personalize it for taste buds. Also, don't go out and buy the most expensive one, start off small to ensure juicing is even your thing.