Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FIRST horrible day since surgery on the 10th

Twelve days post op and this is the first real horrible day I've had. This is the second day that I haven't been able to eat anything, including drinking Water and of course that means that I'm so weak that I couldn't go to work today. Even the thought of another Protein shake makes me gag so I decided to eat a little oatmeal. After 2nd swallow, I vomited profusely which was surprising considering I thought nothing was inside to come up. I felt a little better afterwards though and am thinking that the problem was severe acid reflux and the upchuck removed some of the acid that was making me sick. I don't know how I'm going to get in my Protein because even the smell of the powder makes me qweezy. It's been a horrible last two days. Praying things get better soon.

Are you on a PPI..Like omeprazole? If your doctor didn't prescribe it for you, you can get it over the counter and take it, or even call them to see what they think. If I dont take mine twice a day (5 weeks post op) I feell nauseated and cannot eat...

don't know how I'm going to get in my Protein

BamaBoo64

sorry you are having a rough time right now :(

all you newbies - listen up ;)

don't worry about getting all the Protein in for now

early PO - most important thing to do is to be able to drink

it can be hard for some, successfully drinking -, but its very very important

sip, sip and sip very slowly

Water is essential throughout this journey, early PO more important than ever

water plays a big part of your new life

don't eat for 15-30 minutes after you drink

don't drink with your meals (people have been shot for less ;) )

don't drink for 45-60 minutes after you eat

drink at least 64 oz of H20 a day :)

water, Water, everywhere but not a drop to "sip" ;)

so in other words water is very, very important for the rest of your healthier, happier, longer life :)

powder stuff for shakes does smell pretty awful :angry:

they have pre-mixed drinks that you could try

ie muscle milk. premier, GNC - many others too

hope you start feeling stronger and better sooner than later :)

things do get better :)

good luck

holding a glass of water up to your health :)

good luck

kathy

Grammy,

Why are we so easily dehydrated?

W

Sorry to hear things aren't going well. You need to call your physician right away! You may have a stricture, try drinking tea or hot broth. The warmer the better. If that doesn't work and you are still not able to get anything down call ASAP. They should have given you an on call number ! I had my 2 week post op today and the doc told me this is the time you can start developing strictures. Better safe than sorry ! Good luck

Hang in there. Jay Robb chocolate and vanilla is the best tasting Protein I've had. Tastes like a melted milkshake (or what I keep telling myself ;) 12 G protein in milk plus 25 in one scoop of mix. Hope it is nothing serious. Keep us posted.

Forget Protein for a day or two focus on fluids even if it's a few drops in your cheeks from a medicine dropper every 5 minutes. Even if you can't get the Water down it will absorb in your cheeks. Try Popsicles they count as Fluid. Good luck

why are we so easily dehydrated?

as i said earlier, u must must drink LOTS of Water

i don't "think" we get dehydrated any more than OP might, its just more serious for us sleevers, or any other WL people

about 6 weeks PO i became dehydrated

easy date to remember because it was valentines day!!!

my epilepsy is controlled with meds - since i was dehydrated, I couldn't hold them down

i was vomitting

i was a seizure waiting to happen :angry:

dehydration is no fun

have to go to hospital and have IV's to get rehydrated :angry:

you are now about 3 weeks PO - how are you doing???

things going better i hope?? :unsure:

take care

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy