Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my 600 pound life-pennys story

I agree with the majority that's been said about Penny's story but her husband probably didn't go through therapy. IMHO I think when you are obese to this extreme that your spouse should have to go through the same psych eval and maybe more so than the patient. She is very good at being the victim and that may be the dynamic of their relationship and how it works for them. Either way its sad.

I watched this and was angered and saddened. Her husband was definitely an enabler, but I had a bit of empathy for him...have you seen the episode where the husband is truly awful? I wish I could remember the name of the wife/episode. She met her husband through a fat acceptance group and he DID NOT want her to lose weight, he was sabotaging her efforts at every turn.

He was! I am hoping she's free of him. She said she could only handle one big change at a time -- broke my heart the way he treated her (can't be good for the daughter either).

that was Zsalynn....he was a d**k

Yes he was! And the best part is she continued to thrive! THAT showed determination on her part. Still think he needs his a$$ kicked!

Sorry I don't feel sorry for Penny...how many of us would have jumped at the chance to have this surgery and stay in a facility (more than likely she didn't pay anything) I mean come on I am putting most of this on a credit card to pay for...I am not perfect BUT DAM* SHE HAD EVERY F'N EXCUSE THEIR WAS...please god let her excuses motivated me to be a better weightloss LOSER..i DON'T APOLOGIZE I don't feel sorry for her at all!

I'm pre op. But this episode pissed me off SO MUCH. She was in the hospital for a month BEFORE surgery. There is NO EXCUSE that she didn't lose weight. And she was in the hospital for a good minute AFTER surgery. Her husband was totally an enabler. He needs to grow some balls. She's bed ridden. What's she going to do to you of you don't get her those 2 boxes of cake mix, or 4 bags of chips, or the grilled chick you TRIED to order her on the way to Texas. NOTHING. SHES BED RIDDEN. grrrr.

And the end. Her "where's my yellow brick road. Where's my happy ending. I did everything right. How didn't it work for me?" YOU CRAZY, it's cause you NEVER got out of bed, and shoved the worst foods down your throat after.

I would feel this way whether I was watching this 3 months ago before I really decided to go down this new life path, or 3 months post op. She needs some serious help, and so does her husband.

i seen it and i was so disappointed in her but mad @her husband it was sad to watch but an eye opener

I just read over her fb page and... I'm feeling guilty. I am a non-compliant post-surgery patient. I have lost at this point, 60 pounds... and I've done literally nothing proactive to deserve it! I do walk, but thats it. I'm going to get my little butt in gear...I don't want to end up a failure. I just can't believe she lost NOTHING!!! How can that even be??? I can't eat more than like a couple of ounces or 1/2 cup or so. I think maybe her surgeon didn't take out NEAR the amount of stomach he should've? I know she has issues...but she's an addict! Like us all!! I really empathize with her. I hope she has an aha moment.

I just read over her fb page and... I'm feeling guilty. I am a non-compliant post-surgery patient. I have lost at this point, 60 pounds... and I've done literally nothing proactive to deserve it! I do walk, but thats it. I'm going to get my little butt in gear...I don't want to end up a failure. I just can't believe she lost NOTHING!!! How can that even be??? I can't eat more than like a couple of ounces or 1/2 cup or so. I think maybe her surgeon didn't take out NEAR the amount of stomach he should've? I know she has issues...but she's an addict! Like us all!! I really empathize with her. I hope she has an aha moment.

Nothing to feel guilty about. You know what you are doing wrong (also what you're doing right). As long as you make the changes you feel you need to thats good! At least Penny's story is making some people take a look at themselves. Thank you sharing your story and being real with us. Good luck on your journey!

I watched this episode and this woman was lying to everyone including herself. She has a huge problem and it's emotional!!!

This show has become one of my favorites too but I was enraged after watching this episode. The woman is delusional and mentally ill and really should not have gotten the surgery. She has no desire to work at having a healthy life or at being at a healthy weight. She enjoys being a victim and having her husband wait on her hand and foot. She is a master manipulator and her husband is her patsy and her enabler. I don't mind my tax dollars going to help people who can't work due to legitimate reasons but this is ridiculous. The husband needs to walk away for 10 hours a day and get a job and if she wants something to eat then Ms. Penny can get her butt up and walk to the kitchen and fix it. I have no compassion for her or her husband but my heart breaks for that little boy and his questionable future.

Did anyone catch tonight's episode of "My 600 pound life"? It was completely eye opening about how important it is to be mentally prepared for this surgery. Penny had the VSG and 1 year after surgery she had gained 5 pounds. She never dipped below her pre surgery weight of 490 pounds...she had an excuse for everything. She refused to walk or stand and remained bed ridden. She lied to the doctor that she was doing EVERYTHING right when she was indulging in fried foods and carbs. Addiction can makes complete fools out of us, although after watching this episode I would say Penny wasnt just a victim. It was a powerful thing to see pre-op and I recommend you guys watch it!

I was so mad I wanted to shake her right out of her bed. She's a professional victim likes being catered to and will die in the bed no thanks to her enabling husband. I feel sorry for her kid.. WLS is a tool not a magic bullet you have to do the work and be compliant and she didn't do any of that.. What a waste if time and resources..

I saw this episode but it just motivated me more, that I wanted to be a mom that can play with my children on the playground and doesn't have a ton of medical conditions, so yesterday I placed my deposit for VGS and I am scheduled for 3/28/14.

I saw this episode but it just motivated me more, that I wanted to be a mom that can play with my children on the playground and doesn't have a ton of medical conditions, so yesterday I placed my deposit for VGS and I am scheduled for 3/28/14.

Congratulations Holly! The best thing coming from this woman's episode is the motivation people are feeling. Her situation is unfortunate but ours doesn't have to be!