Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheating isn't cheating if your doing it everyday

... It's a lifestyle. I have been so depressed lately and I can't seem to shake it. I don't feel like I have anyone to talk to about it because everyone just sees my weight loss and thinks I'm doing so well or "what would she have to complain about?" I have been eating crap like pizza and chocolate since before the holidays. I haven't really lost any weight ( I've been bouncing between the same 6lbs for the past month or so). I literally have not done one bit of exercise since I've had this surgery. Sometimes I eat so much that I feel like my stomach is going to explode. I don't know why I'm doing this to myself. I am happy with my weight loss but the only way I know that I've lost any weight is when someone says that I look skinny. I don't see it at all. I don't know what to do and I'm really upset about it. I just can't seem to stop sabotaging myself. I have 20lbs left to my goal and can't picture myself reaching my goal or even maintaining my weight loss if I keep going the way I'm going. Someone please help me. I'm so lost right now.

JEEP<br /><br />You have done so well losing almost 100 lbs and I encourage you to get a grip and take charge of yourself again!!!!! Please do not keep sabotaging yourself. Since you have not exercised maybe now is time to bundle up and take a good soul searching walk. If (and you may) have a daughter, or best friend, what would you tell them in this situation? Get motivated girl, that junk food is in your way! Find some alternatives with a veggie lasagna and start living!!!! Best wishes!!!!! You are awesome!

I would reach out to your doctor and ask to work with a nut or psychologist. While I think that nothing has to be completely off the table, eating garbage every day is a problem as I know my goal is not just weight loss but health.

I am having a bit of trouble too and will be taking my own advise.

Jeep you aren't alone. We are here for you. Have you thought about taking some of the choices out of the equation? I have had times where I have gotten out of control with my food and self sabatoged myself. Luckily it hasn't happened since my conversion from band to bypass but it will as i believe it is my reality. So what I have decided to do when the time comes is to take my choice away and get back to basics. Eat the meals you ate in the beginning. I'm not talking about the early days when we all were lucky to get 300 calories in. I'm talking about the realistc time. If you have any of your old food journals find several weeks where you were hitting all your goals. Eat the exact same plan. That way you can focus on what is really bothering you because I would venture to say it has nothing to do with the food. It never does. If you dont have a choice on what you are eating you can stop thinking about it. I actually cycle my meal plan pretty regularly because I don't want to have to think. Lol

We were only days apart in our surgery and I have followed you every step along the way. Don't beat yourself up and know we all go thru it but the important part is you are recognizing it and now you have to turn around and go back down the path until you find where u veered off.

PM me if you want to chat. I totally understand what you are going thru as I did it with my band. The difference this time for me is I have a plan to put in place when it does happen.

(((((((Hugs)))))))

One last thing... you should see a dr about the depression. It is a medical condition and there is no reason to suffer. My whole family struggles with our 'maudlin' episodes. This is meant from a place of love but you have to se a dr because there are medications that will help. You are in my prayers.

Your not alone. I don't eat pizza daily but I do maybe twice a month. Nothing wrong with that. Control is the only key. I don't except use my self reason being its cuz I feel I'm gonna get like a stick but I do off/on. More walking then anything. Start little by little. Do you like fruits? I love them. So many choices. Fruits it's healthy & fills u up. If u feel sad & depress talk to a doctor medication helps a lot. I take depression medication & I feel great! I'm here for you :)

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement! I think I just needed to get out the doubts that I was having about whether or not I would succeed at this. But I realized that I'm the only one responsible whether I succeed or fail and I am NOT going to fail! I am DONE eating crap. That's how I got big in the first place. If we go out to lunch at work, no more pizza, SALAD! I cleaned out my snack drawer and gave all my chocolate away to my coworkers. sugar free Chocolate only! I feel empowered again like when I first had my surgery. I got this! food has got nothing on me. 3 or 4 meals a day, all protein! I am not going to give in anymore! I am stronger then this. I've also realized that I need to start attending my support groups and start logging my food again. I need the support. As much as I want to, I cannot do this alone. You guys definitely help in the support department. Thanks again for all your advice!

PS It's good to see you on the boards again Tiny! You were missed!