Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

feeling resigned

I've come to the decision that I need new friends.

All my closest and dearest friends are hours away from me.

The closest thing to friends in my area is a woman that I used to work with and her partner. I had always thought they were relatively nice under their bitterness. But here lately I'm getting strange feelings from them. They never want to get together to do anything anymore claiming they don't feel well and when I'm on the phone or even posting something on Facebook I receive a lecture about how I should be doing that particular thing another way. Its irritating me. I'm sorry but if you have never actually raised a kid you have no business telling a mother of two how to raise hers. And if the only thing you have to do every day is clean your house then I don't care how tired you are afterwards when I just worked an 8+ hour day and am in the middle of cooking supper for a family of 4 and I still have my own housework, kids homework, bedtime routine and a work out to do before I get to go to bed.

And I really don't care what you think about what or how I cook for my family when your not the one that has to deal with 4 different dietary needs and taste preferences.

I need to find some active family oriented friends that can relate to my life and not someone who wants to be a know it all on things they know nothing about.

Sorry, rant over. Thank you.

I know this is not exactly weight loss related but I have no where else to rant on this topic.

No worries...We have all been on rants here about things that don't apply to WLS but affects us none the less....If you are feeling this way then it is time to find others who suit you..Maybe at the gym or work or even in the grocery store...

Hey, if you find some let me know where I am too in the market for new friends...honest, loyal and true....they are really hard to find...I am looking in Canada though not Texas....oh well!

I would suggest that you get to know some of the moms of your children's friends. Some friendships just run a course and some go to the way side because you are no longer feeding their emotional needs. Many of us have lost friends because we are now the skinny friend instead of the fat friend. I am not saying that is the reason for your friendship issues but it is something to consider. Best thing for you is as you said make some new friends. Best of luck to you! :)

No worries...We have all been on rants here about things that don't apply to WLS but affects us none the less....If you are feeling this way then it is time to find others who suit you..Maybe at the gym or work or even in the grocery store...

Hey, if you find some let me know where I am too in the market for new friends...honest, loyal and true....they are really hard to find...I am looking in Canada though not Texas....oh well!

Don't feel alone girl I think we are all in the market to replace those friends that just couldn't handle the new us. Honest, loyal and true seems harder and harder to find anymore! If it's to cold in Canada I have a warm beach in Florida! :)

Don't feel alone girl I think we are all in the market to replace those friends that just couldn't handle the new us. Honest, loyal and true seems harder and harder to find anymore! If it's to cold in Canada I have a warm beach in Florida! :)

Your a sweetheart..thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join the PTA, or, become a member of a church. Not everyone that goes to church are religious fanatics! Good luck!!!

Join the PTA, or, become a member of a church. Not everyone that goes to church are religious fanatics! Good luck!!!

LOL..how do you know that have you talked to all the church goers...Sorry couldn't resist!!!!!!!!

I was on the executive board of the PTA for years and met many new friends that way! Great idea!! :)

Your a sweetheart..thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texas is nice and warm most of the time too :-)

Thanks ladies.

Not many people can relate to me post sleeve. They either want to give me dieting advise or ask really personal questions about my weight loss. I usually meet friends through my employment but that seems harder now too. They all saw me fat and lazy. I'm still fat but not nearly as lazy but that mind set is still there with my co-workers. I'd love to get to know some of the moms of my kids friends but it seems like after all this time I should be on good terms with them. But the only one of my daughter's friend that's come around her mom only speaks Spanish and I only speak English. We can communicate enough to insure each other our kids will be fine at which ever house they are at or which ever activity they are doing but we've never been able to have a real conversation. My sons in daycare and at the time I get there it's usually the dad's picking up. As nice as some of the dad's are in sure my husband might frown on me getting too friendly.

I thought about the gym but I don't technically belong to one (do my workout at work during my breaks or at home).

I wish I could go to support group meetings. That would be the best place to interact with other wls moms but again scheduling is an issue. At night during the week is not an option for me and they don't have any on the weekends here.

Oh well, I'm just in a woe is me mood. Can't wait for my hubby to get home so we can eat dinner and all go to the park for an evening walk.

Church is something to consider.