Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hi folks,

Lil the other number I get through to ACS/Hospital Group on is 6785999. Just on to them now looking for the dates for Belfast and news on my records. Spoke to Corina who is going to check with the UK for the dates, she said it will take about 2 weeks to get the records.

Hope ye all well.

Hi all I've been off for a while. Broad band was down in my area, just got it back on Sunday. God how I missed it I felt lost not to be in touch with the the band world was frustrating. Anyway I'm off to see Fred on wed so excited.

Gerri

I think Ill cut my losses with acs, they are not worth the hassle. Belfast is not an option I would have to take a 2hr bus to Dublin & a 3hr trip to Belfast. I would have to stay over a very expensive fill if I got one.

Is anybody meeting in Larry Murphy's on Wed my app is 11.30 I could meet after that.

dont know if this would help any of you acs people, but im being banded through WLSgroup in the uk, but they have a place in fitwilliams street in dublin for the fills. there web site says they do take over for fills alone there price is 85 sterling. They are very nice and set up by a woman who has been there done that. as far as i know she comes over once a month.

might be worth a shot.

Hi Roe and all. I got a call back from Leanne to say I could have an appointment on Saturday 2.40pm in Belfast. Spoke to my husband and we are going to go on this one occassion I haven't heard back from Obesity Solutions so we'll see how we go. Good luck on Wednesday hope it goes well.

Edel, thanks for your update that sounds like an option.

Edel thanks for that:thumbup:

Thanks Gerri I'm still not sure what I'm going to do. Do you know will do the fill up in Belfast? I haven't been in touch with ACS since they rang and cancelled my last fill, don't know if I've the energy to contact them again I'm so sick of it. I badly need a fill though so will think about it. I'm worried about whats gonna happen after they give us our last visit, where do we turn then if we've a problem and stuff.

Everyone else hope your all doing well

Hi all. Haven't posted in a while as the band hasn't really been on my mind. I've been losing weight but I'm not sure it's band related :wink2:

I feel fantastic in terms of how I look and I love buying clothes and I'm going out and very confident now compared to before the band.

My heart is still broken though and while I've had a kiss or two from some very handsome boys, my heart just hasn't been in it and I've become a bit of a man (telling guys I'll call them and not doing it :eek:).

Heart broke again today because ex is just back from Oxegen and his new girlfreind has photos up on her Bebo page of him and her and him and her and another one of him and her. Flipping loads of them.

I texted him and said "saw the photos. Ouch". I know I shouldn't let him know it's bothering me but I gotta say, seeing them very much together nearly killed me. And made me hate him too.

He's still all about the "friendship" but I don't think I want him in my life at this stage. It's way too hard. When he's not around I'm having a great time, enjoying myself, feeling good about myself. All it takes is a text from him or to see him picking up my daughter and I fall apart again.

I know I need to keep some communication open if he is going to see my daughter. I'm just not sure of the best way to handle it.

He swings between being very aloof (not asking how I am, only talking about practical things) and being quite freindly. But I've noticed things like I'll leave a message on his Bebo page (just a joke or somthing funny) and he said it's good to do that as mutual freinds will see that we're still on "good terms" etc. But when I do he'll text me to say "that was funny". He will never leave a comment on my page. So for those "mutual friends" it looks like I'm doing all the running which I hate. I am not a desparate stalking psycho! But it looks like I am. As she is leaving messages and putting up photos of them as a couple and I'm leaving "friendly messages" (not loads - only 2 in a month) but I'm not getting anything in return.

I'm sure he doesn't want to leave a message on my page as the new girl wouldn't appreciate it but still.....

Ah jaysus, look what he's turned me into. I'm like a fecking teenager. :tongue_smilie:

Sorry for the rambling...... I'm not going insane. Honest! Actually people have been saying I'm much more like my old self and I seem happier. And that is true. When I am happy I am happier than ever. But then a low hits and I'm a bit of a wreck. From the outside you wouldn't know it but as you can see from my ramblings above I drive myself insane on the inside :tt1:

Hi Ailbhe, sorry the rain dance I did for Oxygen didn't work! Do your best not to look at the bebo page, what the eye doesn't see and all that!

Lil, I'm off to Belfast on Saturday presume they will do a fill there, but then again presuming with The Hospital Group may not be a good idea. Appointment at 2.40pm. I contacted the WLS group by email last night and missed a phone call back from them this pm, at least they answer their correspondence didn't hear back from Obesity Solutions. Just want to have a couple of options i.e Dr Chris De Bruyne and WLS after this visit with The Hospital Group.

Hope all well on this Sunny day.

Ailbhe: Its good to hear you are feeling better about yourself. Try to focus on that when you know you are going to see him. For the pics up on bebo ((((((((((hugs))))))))))), i'm sure its like a car crash, you know you shouldnt look but cant help it. Keep having fun and kiss even more handsome boys:biggrin:

Gerri: Good luck up in Belfast on Saturday. Hope they sort you out for a while.

Everyone else: If anyone is interested, myself, Siepie and her Friend (also banded) will be meeting up in Larry Murphys as usual. We will be there between 11.00 - 11.30 if anyone would like to join us. Hope to see a few people.

Elsie

Hi all

Just wanted to say I think the treatment you are receiving from ACS is terrible.

I was banded in Belgium with Dr Marc Focquet of SOS, on June 11th, have no restriciton now so can't wait till my 1st fill on Aug 1st.

Here is a page from them where they say people who were banded elsewhere are welcome.

The Adjustments - Surgical Obesity Solutions

I am surprised Beryl did not contact the op who emailed her as she usually gets back to you within the hour

here are her contact details

The Dublin Consultation Address

Dame Street Medical Centre

16 Dame Street

Dublin 2

Telephone: 0044 2070 60 1954

Email: info@obesity-solutions.co.uk

HTH

Take care everyone

Hi folks, well had my outing to Belfast well technically Holywood yesterday. We got a little lost so ran late a bit. Met other women there who had dealt with ACS and who had the same issues as the rest of us. Have to say the nurse who did my fill was excellent. I had to give her my history as she had not received my file from ACS. She showed me the band that I have as the individual surgeons prefer different ones. Mine is a Minimizer and holds 9mls, after yesterdays fill I have 4ml. Not sure what happens now, the nurse made sure to tell me that The Hospital Group have nothing to do with ACS.

Hope ye are all well.

Hi all. Well, i'm doing ok. Not good, not bad. Ex is thinking of moving away to be nearer to the new girlfriend so in one way, as upsetting as it is, if he were out of my life it might be easier. Worried about the kiddo though. She's very down and not herself at all. I'm very worried about the impact it is having on her. For example this morning she got up, had her brekkie etc and when I went back up to get ready I came out to find her in her bed. She refused to get out of bed then til it was time to go. Then when I went to creche she refused to let me leave and then ran for the door. I had to chase her down the road and drag her back in screaming. She's been there for almost 3 years and has NEVER done that before.

On the good side I met a nice guy. Very very early days and I doubt much will come of it but it's nice to have a distraction. :ohmy: Still miss the ex though. Hard to make yourself fall out of love with someone. Oh and the weight has started moving again :blushing:

Hi everyone

I have been in contact with chris by email and have an appointment in Dublin 07/08/08 11.30am. Just wondering is anyone else going up on train from Cork would love some company. I don't have contact with anyone in cork that was banded would really like to meet some people and compare notes.

HI Elsie I rang that number and a woman answered and she said I had the wrong number,I have that number in my phone and it comes up as Julie Tosh,so I rang again and she said wrong number so I left it ,could somebody give me Chris email so I can make an app. ACS rang me with an app for the 30 of August in Belfast, I am not going, I would radher pay thanks girls

Hi Laura

chris email address is chris.deprez@ecfs.be I learnt more from him about the band in one visit than the previous year. my notes said I had 5ml in band and when he took it out there was only 2. I didn't know this forum existed and I knew no-one that had the band so I just thought it was me when it didn't seem to be working. Jerome and yan both told me I wasn't trying hard enough! I tried to tell them I could still eat normally. They both refused to give me a fill . To be fair at that time jerome thought he would be seeing me the following month and I think yan was just being cautious on first visit. Unfortunately I had an eight month gap between fills. it is may since I got the fill at acs with chris and I still have restriction weight is comming down slowly I still have that dreaded sweet tooth to conquer. I am making changes bit by bit. good luck

Thanks Magna it was last Jan when I got a fill, I dont no if I have 5.5 or 6.5 in my band Yan said he would see the next time but there was no next time, I wonder what size band Jerome put in I forget, is it an 8m or 9m band. thanks talk later