Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hi Everyone,

Are you all in shock over the newspaper article on Sunday???? It makes you think eh!

Anyway the good news for me is I've lost 3 of the four lbs I put on last week during my bread fest.:hungry: It wasn't too difficult to stick to liquids and I was fine until yesterday afternoon when I was just sooooooooooo hungry that the drinks weren't doing it for me at all. Had some really healthy brown bread, half a slice and a boiled egg. Felt really good and when I stepped on the scales this morning I was thrilled. So although I don't have brilliant restriction, I think I can manage and take my fills slowly so that I don't suffer with any more of the acid issues.

Well I'm dying to know how all of you are doing so I hope we get some new posts on here. I feel like I've taken over this thread :embarassed: I do get carried away sometimes.

As always, wishing you all well.:o:):)

hi everyone!

how you guys doing?

i'm not too bad i'm loosing on average 2lbs a week but its with effort i find that the food i can eat are the foods i shouldn't, chrisps chocolate ice-crean all go down to well where as i can't even get fish down me without getting sick.

my hair isn't looking to great these days also! used to be healthy and shinny now its dull and falling out, now i know myslef its cos i'm not eating my Protein but i just hate the shakes and i'm finding it really hard to to eat chicken meat etc....

anyways how's is everyone? coco thats great that your band is in the right place any congrates on getting the 3 lbs off.

best be off to bed hope everyone is well xxxxxxx

hi girls

quick message as im supposed to be getting kids ready for school but im checking my emails...lol

im doing great im going for my scan tomorrow ...im sixteen weeks pregnant had total unfill a few weeks ago and appetite better but still cant eat a lot of food so weight being controlled inact havent gained any yet but then again no bump yet either!!

i agree though why do the naughty foods stay down but healthy stuff stick...lol...sods law

i never saw the article but heard about it glad op is over and i wasnt waiting to do it or i think i would be really nervous about it now.

anyway here are my stats

weight.png

preg.png

hi everyone!

how you guys doing?

i'm not too bad i'm loosing on average 2lbs a week but its with effort i find that the food i can eat are the foods i shouldn't, chrisps chocolate ice-crean all go down to well where as i can't even get fish down me without getting sick.

my hair isn't looking to great these days also! used to be healthy and shinny now its dull and falling out, now i know myslef its cos i'm not eating my Protein but i just hate the shakes and i'm finding it really hard to to eat chicken meat etc....

anyways how's is everyone? coco thats great that your band is in the right place any congrates on getting the 3 lbs off.

best be off to bed hope everyone is well xxxxxxx

Hi Dini

Great that you're losing regularly but not good that your hair is falling out!!! Maybe getting a slight defill would help, you would be amazed at the difference that a quarter of a ml out would make. The Protein Drinks are ok to boost your protein but are not great for getting all your protein. You should be able to eat most foods just a lot less of them. Try putting a sauce with your fish, that might help with getting it down. Its hard to find the happy medium but its worth the effort. By the way, the reason the crap goes down so easily is because it turns to liquid before it ever hits the pouch. Our bodies have no work to do digesting over processed crap we call biscuts, crisps and choccies. Look after yourself and best wishes.

hi girls

quick message as im supposed to be getting kids ready for school but im checking my emails...lol

im doing great im going for my scan tomorrow ...im sixteen weeks pregnant had total unfill a few weeks ago and appetite better but still cant eat a lot of food so weight being controlled inact havent gained any yet but then again no bump yet either!!

i agree though why do the naughty foods stay down but healthy stuff stick...lol...sods law

i never saw the article but heard about it glad op is over and i wasnt waiting to do it or i think i would be really nervous about it now.

anyway here are my stats

weight.png

preg.png

Hey Nikki

Great that you're feeling so good and keeping the weight steady. I Love the baby ticker, cool. Hope the rest of the pregnacy goes well for you.

Hi guys I didn't read the article last sunday. What was it about?

Coco - congrats on the weight loss - and you too, Dini!

Nikki - continued best wishes for a comfy and happy pregnancy.

Hi Alesha - any craic? The wedding approacheth!

Congrats to all you losers!!!

Hey Kermit, im ok, the lbs are coming off gradually, my scales are all over the place, i dont know which one to trust. The one at home says ive lost about 14lbs. the one in work says ive lost 7lbs since 14th September, god knows what ACS's say. But i can feel it in my clothes so thats all that matters really.

DOtn talk to me about the wedding, I have a bit done but i havent got a dress, im trying to put that on the long finger until i get a few more lbs off, plus i havent had the time to go looking! Im promising myself im going to go out on Thursday and Friday and have a look in a few shops. I went to one a few months ago just before the op and i felt like a big fat frumpy oul one. It looked lovely from the front but when you turn around and look at where theyve pinned you in and all the sausages falling out the back of the dress made me wanna puke. Hopefully i will feel a bit better this time around.

So how are you? How are you getting on? How may fills have you had, sorry if youve said already, i cant keep up with this thread only get on this pc once or twice a week.

Gotta go, talk soon,,,

hi molly ere, from Cavan.just found this great place. banded on 9/10/07 in acs dublin. reading all the great threads are the fills included in our price im going back on the 8/11/07 for check up im going to ask for a fill. ive not had any great weight loss so far.quite disapointed. anyone out there can :ranger:help

hi and welcome

dont worry about weight loss its not a miracle worker and is so slow in comparison to what i think we all expect, but it does come off slowly but surely, if you think weight not moving as you can still eat big portions then definately go get a fill your in charge of when you need fill,when i was really tight i never saw any great changes as i think my body was just starving and i had many weeks off no weight loss and sometimes scales moved up a pound or two which was really disheartening but i set goals of wanting to see 7lb loss in a month and by end of month i had nearly always achieved it ,im 17 wks pregnant at the moment (not planned) but im chuffed now and im still maintaining weight i was banded last december and feel like im finally sure it was the best thing i could have done but i was so frustrated for first six months as i hoped i would transform overnight and although weight was coming off slowly it just wouldnt come off fast enough to keep me happy im not at goal and pregnancy means i wont be for another while ,but difference is now im positive that i will be at goal by this time next year.

weight.png

preg.png

Hi all ,i was banded on the 14th oct 07 so i've not had a fill yet,looking foward to that ,i was told by Coco that this is where all the Irish were ..lol..so thank you for that ,i was worried about something that happened to me Sunday night after i'd had a shower ,i found something sticking out from between my breasts and didn't know if it was my port or not as i also have bigger scar under my left breast so i thought that's where my port was ,i rang Owenstown House yesterday and was told by a female nurse to ring back in half an hour as the other nurse was doing dressings so i said ok will do but when i did there was a guy answered who was no help whatsoever, i said i'd rang half hour before and was told to ring back he asked me who told me to ring back and i said a female nurse told me he said there was no female nurse here i said i think she was foreign nurse he said there were no foreign nurse there at all,so i thinking does this guy think i have nothing better to do than pretend i was talking to a nurse [made me feel like a looney even before i told him what was wrong]so i told him that i was feeling fine and had my stitches taken out and he stopped me talking by saying to me that I'D MADE BIG MISTAKE AS HE SAID I SHOULD NOT HAVE HAD MY STITCHES OUT BY NOW ,so i was like WHAT???i was given the date to have my stitches out by the nurses in Dublin and thats what i did,so he mumbled something else and asked me the problem, even though he said he was in theatre with me could not tell me where my port was or what this could be ,he made me feel so silly for even ringing about this that i now just feel like crap ,he told me to get onto my own area and ask the nurse to look at it but when i was getting my stitches out i asked her if the reason the one under my left breast was bigger was because that was where the port was she didn't know she said she only takes stitches out :phanvan,i told him this he fobbed me off i also told him that the nurse's are not there everyday he said they are but i was told by the nurse that if i was worried about my scar's [which have not healed well] to ring and make an appointment because they are not there everyday ,i told him this he fobbed me off ,i asked him what was the point in giving a number you should ring if your worried about something when it was of no help he just said i can't see you so i dunno what it is ,don't worry about it and just go out and enjoy the weather and go for a long walk ????????????those were his exact words ,so that's what 10,000 euro got me ,i'm so pissed off now ,i could not even be bothered to ring my local office [even tough they have been lovely ],what does band slippage feel like ,could that be what this is ?thanks ,and sorry for the rant ..lol

Hey BB,

You poor thing, that is a desprate way to be treated. I can't believe that so called professionals, can behave in that manner. :mad::mad::( If I were you I would ring Debbie in Fitzwilliam Place and complain to her. Also make an appointment to see the surgeon. When you get to see him, tell him also, and ask him who you should speak to if you have any worries or queries regarding your surgery and aftercare. Regarding your port, my port is under my left ribcage but I don't know where the new surgeon puts it. Some surgeons do put it between and slightly under the breasts, but I'm sure some of the girls who have been done by the same surgeon as you will tell you where theirs are. As for slippage, in my case I couldn't keep down any food or liquids and my band had to be defilled completely. Its unlightly that you have a band slippage but anything you notice that seems unusual have checked out. I hope you follow this up because if we don't care how we are treated we will be treated without care. :)

omg...that article is a worry would feel better if i knew why she died and as for the way they treated bettyboop they showing themselves to be very unproffesional and really need a wake up call this is peoples lives they messing with !!!!!!