Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

hi Coco - sounds like a great holiday and the kids must have had a blast! it is fab that your de-fill has brought you to the point of eating solids again - the 10lb weightloss is a great thing but the psychological impact of being able to eat a bit of solid food must be wonderful after a lot of liquid! Fair play to you for the upbeat attitude and patience to keep working at it. I probably would have done a lot of moaning and whinging in your place - kudos!

hi Coco - sounds like a great holiday and the kids must have had a blast! it is fab that your de-fill has brought you to the point of eating solids again - the 10lb weightloss is a great thing but the psychological impact of being able to eat a bit of solid food must be wonderful after a lot of liquid! Fair play to you for the upbeat attitude and patience to keep working at it. I probably would have done a lot of moaning and whinging in your place - kudos!

Hi Kermit,

There was moaning and whinging, believe me, but for the most part I just got on with it. I'm feeling a whole lot better now and am hoping that I don't gain any of the 10lbs lost over the next couple of weeks because I'm able to eat again. I'm trying to make healthy choices but the joy of being able to eat normally again makes some choices a little less healthy than others. :) Ah well, the battle of the bulge goes on. ;)

hi girls

you seem to on roller coaster so i thought id pop in and say firstly although everyone says it... i really mean it ..you cant scale watch as my weight fluctuates all the time and i dont worry as i know it will settle on lower weight and apart from once when i seem to gain six pounds :faint:and nearly had heart attack, i dont worry and just know that whatever happens short term i have no doubts about the long term im almost nine momths post op one pound away from my five stone loss and fitting my sixteen jeans (i feel skinny )lol although still got 33 more lbs to shift .

i have 5.5cc in my band and my restriction is perfect i think i dont get hungry really and im satisfied after small portion bare with it you will all get there in the end it just varing routes and time scales i am on slower loss than others banded same time but faster than othere we all handle it differently but i know of none that have failed chin up we all going to reach our goals :whoo:take care nikki

having a bad time food wise at the moment. in work girls usually order pizza about twice a week and terribe me orders too. was ment to have my fill on wednesday the 29th of august but doc cancelled and now its sunday the 9th. I've made a consious decision to start being good from tomo on. even did a proper food shop today and bought healthy food. going to join weight watchers tomo night too. really need to shift this weight.

having a bad time food wise at the moment. in work girls usually order pizza about twice a week and terribe me orders too. was ment to have my fill on wednesday the 29th of august but doc cancelled and now its sunday the 9th. I've made a consious decision to start being good from tomo on. even did a proper food shop today and bought healthy food. going to join weight watchers tomo night too. really need to shift this weight.

hi skinny. how you doing.. is this your 2nd or 3rd fill? can you eat pizza? i was just in italy and i would have given anything to get a little bit of pizza down me after 2 bits i was really ill!! how much have you lost ?

how is everyone else doing? sorry i've not been around in a while!

if anyone is up for meeting up i love to. because i've told no-one apart from my mother and partner i'd love to talk to someone face to face about stuff sometimes its nice to talk to someone rather than type

hope everyone is well.

best of luck to all xx

Hi Nikki

Well done on the 5st loss.:clap2::clap2::clap2: You are of course right about the scale watching and I've whittled myself down to just once a week and hope to be able to go to just once a month. But I used to weigh myself everyday sometimes twice a day. Mad I know but I'm getting there.:rant:

Hi Skinny,

Don't be too hard on yourself, it will be easier to stay away from the food good and bad when you've had your fill. By all means eat as healthly as you can but you've had the op, the fills will kick in and you'll be on your way. Maybe you should think about some extra exercise rather than weight watchers. Just a thought, because once your fills kick in you won't really need WW but you will always need exercise.:rolleyes::)

Hi Dini,

How was your holiday? How long were you in Italy for? Wasn't the weather beautiful.:D You had problems eating pizza. Its sad when we can't eat things we really like, but once you're home you think, that wasn't so bad and I'v lost weight instead of putting on.:D I see from your ticker tape that you've lost quite a bit now, almost halfway there, thats fantastic. I'm looking forward to our next meeting, hope it'll be a big one.:)

Hey Annette is that you that was in the room with 3 beds. You were in the bed nearest the window. Its Alesha here from the bed when you come in the door. Im getting my first fill tomorrow. I SO SO need it. Im eating like a sow.

So how are you getting on? How much have you lost? I have only lost a few pounds and even at that ive put on weight on my holidays, so i think im back to where i started. Im freaked out but hopefully my fill will give me restriction, it bloody better actually.:angry

Coco,

hi how are you? i'm doing good sad to be home!! Italy was amazing and the weather oh my gosh how fab was it.

you really did a lot in just a month and with the kids also, i wouldn't be able to do it all!!!

i can't wait for our next meeting but i dont think its going to be for a while cos a few are away :)

but if there are a few that want to meet up let me know if free always!!!

hope your keeping well! xx

Hi Dini,

still haven't had a fill yet and only lost nine pounds. very disapointed. hopefully when i get a fill i'll start loosing again. and yes i can eat pizza, i can eat anything i want which is terrible as i've no will power. Had another bad day today. Italy sounds so good! you've done really well with your weight loss.

Coco, thanks for the support and i will try do more exercise.

hi Alesha

Good luck with the fill today. How do you feel after it? Was Jerome ok? I have mine on Friday - I hope it makes a difference because I need to start losing - plus it is a four hour round trip for me just to get a fill.

Sorry guys - I have a question related to the self pay op here in Ireland. I am filling out revenue forms for medical expenses and the thought struck me that maybe this medicalprocedure may be something to claim on for 2007? Do any of you know whether it falls under the Med1 form for tax back?

Hi Kermit

I rang up and asked an they said yes you can claim on the Med 1 .We will get back about 4000.

HI Dini

looks like you had a good holiday and yes we should meet up soon any date but 22 sept I have a wedding

terry