Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well really your doctor should be giving you more guidance or pointing you to someone who can. You have a unique situation. It's not appropriate to just take advice from the Internet.

Thank you so much for your help.

I know it's the weekend and you'd like information now, but I agree with your unique situation you should check with your NUT first. Did they give you rules/guidelines to follow? We're you 100% cleared for 'normal' good now? I had the band so may progression might be different than yours. Sorry to hear you had multiple surgeries to fix the issues yet congrats on the amazing 50 lbs lost. I wish you the best of luck and keep us informed as to how you progress.

Hi Kim, thank you for responding. My doctor clear me 100 percent he said I can have a normal life, eat anything I want just in moderation. Just wanted to know can I eat rice Pasta potatoes tortilla and a lil bit of hot sauce. Can I go out to restaurant and have a small meal. Thank you for your concern and responding any information will be helpful. Thank you Kim ????????

Tomassini, I too am allowed to eat anything in moderation (well, almost anything). I can go out fir dinner and eat a small tortilla with chicken, cheese, etc, a few bites of Beans and a bite it two of rice. It all sets well. But, that said, I've never had more than a could bites of rice. If your doc says fine, give it a try. I'd try 1 new thing at a time and use common sense in your choices. Go slow and be patient with your tummy.

Edited by SoccerMomma73

I'm sorry to hear if your post op complications. I'm 9 months post op sleeve and I eat anything g I want in small amounts. That being said, I choose to stay away from all breads (just a bite here and there and I chew it up well) as well as rice. I love garlic shrimp with Portuguese rice but when I indulge it's a very small amount of rice (1-2 tablespoons) and I chew it as best as I can. I tried Chinese fried rice, which I used to love, but I just don't like the taste of that anymore. I guess my tastes have changed along with my habits!

Thank you ladies, your advice help me a lot cause I'm so used to having rice at least 3 times a week and Pasta only on Sunday, I don't want to break family tradition. As for my surgery my doctor is fine with my decision I just wanted to make sure it's ok to eat wat my family and I like.

I'm so happy I can eat out too which is once a rmonth. Yes I had a bad complication on my sleeve surgery my doctor which I won't reveal his name, that day my doctor had done 4 surgery ahead of me, so when it was my turn that day he was very tired and didn't close my stomach correctly so I had a big leakage lot of throwing up high fever and infection inside my abdominal wall I was close to death. So I Thank God I'm completely 100 percent healthy again.

And thank you ladies????????????

It's pretty easy to have mostly the sauce / topping with just a bit of Pasta or rice. The good news is the sauce will most likely be in the "soft food" category and really easy to handle, whether it is Pasta Sauce, stir fry or other Asian food, chili, Salisbury steak, stroganoff etc. just choose the lower calorie options and be careful of too much fat which can cause dumping. With the pasta you will probably want it have just 2-3 noodles and with the rice just a small spoonful and have just a couple grains with each bite. Otherwise you will not fit much of the Protein. You might end up like me and realize you prefer the toppings to the starch! I think a lot of our parents and grandparents used starch to "stretch" the food and make it go further. We don't need to worry about that post-WLS.

I have no problems with rice. I try not eat it on a regular though but I do have a few forkfuls from time to time.

Hi lady thank you for answering my question yeah it's a lil hard to resist not to eat rice when you been eating rice all your life, and that goes with Pasta too, every Sunday it's an Italian tradition. So thank you so much

Thank you soccermama I will try just a lil bit, and see if my stomach doesn't hurt and if it does than good bye rice. Thank you ????????

Just don't eat too much...carb heavy and that stuff GROWS!!!!!!