Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What were your incisions closed with?

What were your incisions closed with?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What were your incisions closed with?

• Staples
    • Steri-Strips
    • Steri-Strips AND Sutures
    • Sutures only
    • NuSkin/Skin bonding glue of any type
    • I don't know

Sure they do: Sutures only.

And I'm glad to hear you had no problems with your dissolving sutures. I am going to be requesting that along with glue when I see the surgeon tomorrow.

I'm crossing my fingers.

Second choice would be dissolvable sutures with steri-strips.

I'd love just glue, but I think I've got too much belly fat and it would pull alot. I've encountered enough dehisced wounds in my day to know I don't want one! :paranoid

Thanks for the responses, don't stop now...:clap2:

Most people ... when they think of sutures they think of the type that need to be removed. So I was thinking along those lines.

I had that and paper tape.

I don't suggest paper tape, I still have scars from the tape. Sutures did well, tape was forever type of tape. :) Had to pry the stuff off to clean the wounds. Doc said to let the tape fall off on its own, being a nurse I just couldn't do that. I HAD to remove the tape and clean the incisions. It's a thing for me. Clean old blood, etc.

I healed fine, but lots of temporary scars.

Banded 3/21/07, had only glue to close the incisions. They are healing well, no redness, drainage, swelling. Perfect and I'm so darn happy I no longer have the burden of overeating !:biggrin1:

Ok, I am changing my answer then...

tegaderm on the outside, disolveable sutures on the inside.. whew!

Thanks Faithmd for all your research and information!

Here's tegaderm, it's hard to see, but it's the shiny square stuff over the staple line.

I had dissolvable stiches on the inside with steri strips to cover. Worked wonders for me - especially for being African American. I was sure that I was going to keloid and have the nastiest scars. However, you can barely see them. My port incision looks very good considering its the longest.

Guest ZenGarden

My surgeon used internal sutures and surgical strips. I could barely stand having the strips on, so I gently removed them after 10 days. I also used peroxide to disinfect the wounds and had one suture come out toward the end of the healing process.

I believe I had dissolvable sutures beneath the skin with possible glue, and then steri strips on the outside. The incisions were just too closed up to be totally steri strips, so they must have used some kind of glue too.

I was just banded this morning and all five of my incisions are closed with steri-strips.

The surgeon used disolvable stitches on the inside and glue on the outside. I go back in 2 weeks for them to look at the incisions.