Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

okay so this is my second day where I have been craving raw celery....I eat it slowly and I am enjoying the flavor like no other thing in the world...It tastes so good to me right now and I am eating it even though I thought there was no nutritional value to it..

I am a strong believer that if you crave something then there is something in it that you need....

CELERY is my craving right now..raw....

I did some research because I know that some on here think that it is a waste of time to eat celery...But get a load of what this site says about consuming it...

I must be lacking something somewhere in this site to be wanting it so badly!!! 2 nights in a row it has been my nightly snack..yum!!!!!!!

http://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/vegetable/health-benefits-of-celery.html

Edited by RJ'S/beginning

Wow, I never knew! I love celery...tomorrow there shall be celery in the house....and some natural Peanut Butter to keep it company. :)

Wow, I never knew! I love celery...tomorrow there shall be celery in the house....and some natural Peanut Butter to keep it company. :)

Me either! I no longer see it as a waste of my chewing time...lol

Isn't everything green and leafy always good for you? I'm talking food here people! :)

Isn't everything green and leafy always good for you? I'm talking food here people! :)

I think maybe you're right.....but not all of it is legal. ;)

Edited by gmanbat

True, but most sleevers or WLS patients try to get the most bang for their bucks when they eat...Only so much room you know....

So they forgo celery and lettuce and other veggies...

Only say this because I believe that there is room for almost everything in this program....not just Protein but everything in moderation......It is up to us to learn to control and make good choices.....We need to reteach our brains how to eat to live not live to eat......you know!

I don't think there is moderation in cake though...So I do try to stay away....lol

I make myself little chicken casserole pots and use heaps of celery to flavour it. Don't necessarily eat a lot if it but it makes the chicken really tasty. :-)

True, but most sleevers or WLS patients try to get the most bang for their bucks when they eat...Only so much room you know....

So they forgo celery and lettuce and other veggies...

Only say this because I believe that there is room for almost everything in this program....not just Protein but everything in moderation......It is up to us to learn to control and make good choices.....We need to reteach our brains how to eat to live not live to eat......you know!

I don't think there is moderation in cake though...So I do try to stay away....lol

I agree. I see lots of people say there isn't much room. And maybe there isn't starting out, but I know my program states Water, Protein, dairy, vegetables, fruit, grains, oils/fats in that order. Looking forward to trying some mashed up green Beans next week when I'm on my soft food...I'll for sure be trying a small amount of vegetables because I was used to eating them before the sleeve and my NUT is for all the healthy stuff too. I still be doing shakes for Snacks to hit my 80g of protein though.

Edited by Jdub

OK, fly in the ointment here! :o..... read this about eating celery (or coconut) with WLS....

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gastroparesis/expert-answers/bezoars/FAQ-20058050

OK, fly in the ointment here! :o..... read this about eating celery (or coconut) with WLS....

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gastroparesis/expert-answers/bezoars/FAQ-20058050

Yikes! Thx

Would appear to me that almost any Fiber can cause this condition....i think I may peel the strings off from now on but if we were to be frightened of this condition...We wouldn't eat any veggies or fruit at all...Nah! I think there has to be predisposed situations for this to happen....I appreciate the information though...It is like everything else in life...1 positive...15 negatives...1 negative...15 positives..We decide what is right for us on those.....

Thanks for the warning!!!!!

Destring! Destring!

Thank you, Tattoo!

post-159547-0-13655800-1389534230_thumb.jpg

Edited by gmanbat

Always the diplomat..... ;)