Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

tricare prime, ns mayport florida

Hello, new to ns mayport. Went to see my pcp todat and he was very reluctant to give me a referral to see the bariatric specakist. Insead he gave( well put in for me to start a 8 week health and nutrition class here on base. My question is will this class lead to me being apprived for the bariatrics, has anyone has any experience with ns mayport and their approval process. Are their any doctors who are better with referrals in this matter.

I have a bmi of 42.7 and im qualified for tricare.

thank you in advance....

Sorry, no experience with tricare, but do you have the option of seeing a different pcp? My original pcp suggested something similar before going through wls... I changed my pcp and had great support.

Hey......We were stationed in Mayport! We were on the Semmes DD963 (decommissioned now) My daughter still lives there. I absolutely loved it!

Anyway, with Tricare Prime there is no waiting time period or nutrition class you have to attend. You will just have to do a phyc eval, but that is it. If you are using the base clinic, I would recommend changing you PCM to a civilian doctor.

Good luck!

Sorry, forgot to mention. I am Tricare South.

Sorry, no experience with tricare, but do you have the option of seeing a different pcp? My original pcp suggested something similar before going through wls... I changed my pcp and had great support.

I have already began the process of changing...this doctor made it very clear he was anti weight loss surgery.

Thank you so much for your support

Hey......We were stationed in Mayport! We were on the Semmes DD963 (decommissioned now) My daughter still lives there. I absolutely loved it!

Anyway, with Tricare Prime there is no waiting time period or nutrition class you have to attend. You will just have to do a phyc eval, but that is it. If you are using the base clinic, I would recommend changing you PCM to a civilian doctor.

Good luck!

Thank you. I am using the base at the moment because I dont really know where else to go or even the area. If you dont mind me asking, where did you go. Any help would be very appreciated.

yes I do have the option to change....and I am....thank you

Thank you. I am using the base at the moment because I dont really know where else to go or even the area. If you dont mind me asking, where did you go. Any help would be very appreciated.

I did not have mine done there but there people on this board who have and are very happy with their surgeon. Maybe start a new post with the title "looking for a good surgeon in Jacksonville FL" and see the responses you get and take it from there. Also once you find your PCM he or she may have suggestions.

Do you live on base? I did on Edwards Ave in the back. Living on base and being walking distance to the beach was so great! When the weather was warm I would send the kids to school and do my morning walk to the beach. I would sit on the steps and watch the dolphins swim. It was so relaxing! I miss it there so much. ????

I did not have mine done there but there people on this board who have and are very happy with their surgeon. Maybe start a new post with the title "looking for a good surgeon in Jacksonville FL" and see the responses you get and take it from there. Also once you find your PCM he or she may have suggestions.

Do you live on base? I did on Edwards Ave in the back. Living on base and being walking distance to the beach was so great! When the weather was warm I would send the kids to school and do my morning walk to the beach. I would sit on the steps and watch the dolphins swim. It was so relaxing! I miss it there so much.

thank you for that help. Yes I do live on base on everglades st....its wonderful