Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

20 from pa almost a year out from my surgery

I am almost a year out on my surgery, I am 100 pounds down but I still feel like I'm the 330 pound girl who started this journey. I weighed 397 before surgery and as of today I'm at 205. Can anyone give tips to help me realize in not 330 pounds anymore

I meant 330 not 397

It all happens in your brain..that is where all the problems stem...if you can change you brain, meaning your thinking The body will follow.........

You have done an amazing feat...You should be extremely proud of yourself...But we are so used to not being positive that it flows over even when we have done well... which you have...

You need to go to that mirror and tell yourself your doing great..You need to write down the accomplishments you have made in the last year and the changes...

You need to say to yourself..I am doing this for my health and I deserve it.....

You need to get some pride about yourself and your future goals......Stand tall girl...Your doing it...Your making a difference..No one else is doing it for you....

Put 100 lbs of butter on the table and look at it..Put 1 lb of butter on the table and imagine what 100 would look like....You are not burdened with that extra weight now............Your doing great...............

What did it for me was when my husband put a 100 pound weight in front of me and said "lift it". I couldnt even budge it. Thats how much extra weight I was carrying around. I lost 101 and dont understand how my small frame was able to carry that extra weight around. It put things into perspective for me. I like RJ's butter idea. Thats A LOT of butter!

Celebrate your victory my dear, youve done awesome!

I think the butter idea is awesome too. I think ill try something like that. Thank you guys its just so hard to believe its real, like I'm going to wake up and ill be big again

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches