Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hit my goal... feeling slightly underwhelmed ...

Your explanation did help. The bit about living in color did make sense :)

Perhaps it's like waiting to exhale. You arrive and finally feel like you let go with an exhale. I'm so so very happy for you. You've earned it.

This post was wonderful on so many levels. Most importantly, because you reached goal! Yay for that! and yes your garbage bin story is etched into my visual memory as well. it was such a cute story.

I also found your post spoke to me a lot not just because all your posts generally do but also because I've been trying to get into this mind set where I recognize that it is not all about reaching goal. I'm not sure that any of my current life will change when I am at goal will it? I mean, I have 25-30 lbs to go, but that's not going to change anything major. My life will still be the same as it is today (I hope so anyway, I love my life).

But really I'll still be eating the same foods, still be monitoring my Water, still taking my supplements, still being vigilant...just as I have to be now.

At least that's what I assume happens? Am I right? Nothing really changes except we now have to maintain for the rest of our lives, which seems to involve the same behaviors as we are engaged in today.

So then I'm not sure why all of us are in such a hurry to get to our goals. I know I am in an unreasonable hurry but I'm not sure why!

Anyway, I'm probably rambling and making no sense, but what i mean is, good for you! and thank you for sharing! :)

What on earth are we going to do with you GG..Did you really expect fire works and clashing symbols when you reached goal?....

You have curves now and still have a nice body...And yet you want more...Your the only person who can figure out why it is not enough...

Okay..I'll tell you what I think....You are an over achiever and every thing in your busy working world is fast and high stepping and you accomplish so many amazing things every day...You deal with VIP's and others who respect your thoughts and need your nod of approval to move forward in the working world....

Your private life is organized and real.. Your incredibly happy with your spouse and family and everything is right on schedule....Except your weight which has bothered you for a long time...

Everyone has a weakness, every one shows their fears and wounds in different ways..Ours were like everyone on here right out there for everyone to see...

You had the courage to stop the madness before it became really out of hand ..like I did....You have been following all the laws and rules and doing almost everything right....That is just who you are..your an over achiever...

But now you want to feel some kind of magic because it is really starting to show..the change in you the moving forward to find your true self and let it out....To be totally all you can be in life scares you like it does all of us.. Once you are at goal no one will look at your butt any more and you thinking...(not them thinking.)... they think well she has it all, but nope she is still fluffy...

Sorry..It won't work!!

Don't you realize that you are better then you ever were before..You are stronger and healthier and can do more then you have been able to do in years...It is true right..

Maintaining it is just another part of the journey...it is the end of a line that took you from your highest weight to your smallest confident weight...That is scary...But rewarding, and you will accomplish so much more..your just scared...Scared of the unknowns...but you need to trust yourself...Your right on speck and heading for the goal....

You need to go on after this with your life as a success...Do you really think that thin people think about every thing they do and think well if I were just a lb smaller it would be better..not people who are nuts might not..but we are talking normal people.....

Nope, some put on fat suits so they can try to be like us and feel the pain...It is all bull and stupid because they go home and take the suit off and learn nothing that sticks with them...It is not living to spend your time in the past accomplishments girl...

Here is hoping that everyone here forgets a time when they had to watch every single mouthful and actually live like other people...You will always know what you had to do to get there...You and only a few others as time passes..It will be your secret to tell if you want to...

It is living, really living that is most important..And you bought yourself that ticket with hard work and struggle and pain...It is up to you to live it, get it, go for it and love life thin........Yes it will always be in the back ground that you will be careful..But that happens with most everyone that is thin they watch what they eat and take care of themselves...

It will be a good thing to be there GG..The best thing GG..your almost there girl.....When you do this to the end, you can find another thing to work on and make perfect...K

:)

Thank you, you'll be here before long and it will all make sense lol! Took me until tonight to tell my son - and his jaw dropped....but he's well impressed!

RJ, well said... x

RJ, well said... x

Exactly! I feel like some of you here understand me so well and like me anyway :P I feel blessed and very lucky to have found you guys.

RJ you are dead on about me being an overachiever. I'm trying to focus more on the journey than the goal for once.

Wonderful!!!! I can kinda see where you are coming from on being mellow! Sometimes I wonder if I'll even be excited about hitting goal, more than wearing cute boots and other NSVs!!! I've loved following you these last couple months and too love that naked post! Now we need some before & after pics on this thread! Clothed please Bwahaha!!! Congrats you certainly earned even a bit of bragging rights!!!!

Edited by CrissyRing77

RJ, well said... x

Exactly! I feel like some of you here understand me so well and like me anyway :P I feel blessed and very lucky to have found you guys.

RJ you are dead on about me being an overachiever. I'm trying to focus more on the journey than the goal for once.

Try to focus on a new you that did something for yourself that you have benefited by....Try to dream of the cool clothes the real confidence and what may lay ahead for you outside of always in the back of your mind thinking about your weight....

It is a journey that will never end..but it can be a journey that brings the best out in you and your life kid!!!!!!!!!

CrissyRing77, will dig out pics and post tomorrow. Here's the pics I took on the day I hit my goal... You'll be relieved to see I am clothed ;-) but one with my legs out of trousers for first time in years...

post-176509-0-51882700-1388453542_thumb.jpg post-176509-0-33587100-1388453616_thumb.jpg

Edited by Indigo1991

Congratulations!! You did it!!! I am so very happy for you and I can't think of a better way to brink the new year!! :)

CrissyRing77, will dig out pics and post tomorrow. Here's the pics I took on the day I hit my goal... You'll be relieved to see I am clothed ;-) but one with my legs out of trousers for first time in years...

Looking good lady!!! Can't wait to post some rocking pics too!!!

Good luck ! Congrats as I woke up in June and said am going to this for me! All by myself , nov 19 sleeve , and there are haters , I was 250 down 229 people already can't except it , when I get to 130 what are they going to do next!

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I can see in the pic that you already had the sexy legs....your nuts!!!!!!!!! ;)

How great for you! I'm happy for you and you have given me something to look forward too. I can't wait until I am at my own goal. Thanks for sharing your journey.

Ta much! Doing my best for an auld burd, tee hee.... x