Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help..........What did you do with all of your clothes that are to big!

I've thought about that too, but ultimately have decided that I just need to wait and see. I'm pretty comfortably in 14s but still have some 16s. Even in college, I wavered between 10s and 14s. I just wonder if spending the money now makes sense. I haven't seen even a version of that body in so long...

I was sleeved in June & my old summer stuff is still hanging in my closet. I packed up all my winter stuff & took it to the thrift store operated by our local battered women's shelter, since I figured the winter stuff is needed now. I will pack up the summer stuff soon to donate to the same place. The few clothes I am actually wearing right now take up only about 2 drawers & a foot or so of closet space. :P

The 3 times I cleaned my closet consisted mostly of thrift store clothes anyway. I didn't pay any substantial amount for clothing until my goal weight was past. I never had much doubt that I was going to get slim and never cried over my clothes.

I told this before but maybe you guys weren't here. My wife saved a halter top and shorts that she wore shortly after we were married. It stayed in her closet for many years. She gained much weight and lost it after her RNY in 2011. She got into it in 2012. Man, I was proud of her. Still am.

post-159547-0-38088800-1388184089_thumb.jpg

post-159547-0-48300900-1388184487_thumb.jpg

post-159547-0-02813000-1388184134_thumb.jpg

Edited by gmanbat

I was sleeved in June & my old summer stuff is still hanging in my closet. I packed up all my winter stuff & took it to the thrift store operated by our local battered women's shelter, since I figured the winter stuff is needed now. I will pack up the summer stuff soon to donate to the same place. The few clothes I am actually wearing right now take up only about 2 drawers & a foot or so of closet space. :P

I was sleeved in June also and still have my summer and fall clothes. I am still wearing some of the tshirts and shorts but they are humongous on me. I just wear them on the warm days (live in Florida). I was able to wear some of the fall clothes for awhile but ultimately had to buy some. I started in June as a 22/24 and now wear 14's and 16's. I was tempted to buy some fall stuff for next year but like Fluffnomore said I haven't seen that body in a long time and wasn't sure if it was safe to do it. I am looking forward to getting rid of these clothes and shopping for new ones just not the spending money part! :)

The 3 times I cleaned my closet consisted mostly of thrift store clothes anyway. I didn't pay any substantial amount for clothing until my goal weight was past. I never had much doubt that I was going to get slim and never cried over my clothes.

I told this before but maybe you guys weren't here. My wife saved a halter top and shorts that she wore shortly after we were married. It stayed in her closet for many years. She gained much weight and lost it after her RNY in 2011. She got into it in 2012. Man, I was proud of her. Still am.

attachicon.gifdeb halter.jpg

attachicon.gifdeb halter2.jpg

attachicon.gifdeb halter2.jpg

I would be proud of her also!! She looks fantastic! :) I need to keep the words cheap and thrifty in my head while I finish this process!

I've thought about that too, but ultimately have decided that I just need to wait and see. I'm pretty comfortably in 14s but still have some 16s. Even in college, I wavered between 10s and 14s. I just wonder if spending the money now makes sense. I haven't seen even a version of that body in so long...

LOL I haven't seen mine either!! I am just now finding bones I thought disappeared!! I'm not sure if it is a good idea to buy anything because I'm just not sure what size I am going to be. I guess if I see a screaming bargain I will pick it up but otherwise I am going to try and keep my wallet on lockdown. :)

gbatman, Your wife looks amazing!

I agree with the others give your clothes to the womens or mens shelter also homeless centers would be glad to have clothes. As for thrift stores that make a profit, make sure to give to one that gives back to the community! If your clothes are just starting to be a bit to big you can always have them altered too.

One of benefits of being a guy. Our clothes don't go outa style much. I've had a bunch of my clothes vacuum stored for decades which should fit when I reach my goal weight. I will be so excited that they fit, I can care less if they are not the latest fashion. I just never could bring myself to get rid of them as I grew bigger. (Always hoping)

As far as the clothes I have now........ I never liked buying clothes to fit my obese bod, so I would buy very little and wear it out before buying any more. So I'm gonna just throw it all out as I shrink. Good riddance.

Edited by Recycled

I did a huge donation last year to value village. Hauled some 12 full bags of clothes to the store. I have only kept 2 articles of clothing: a leather jacket and my robe. My leather jacket was my favorite so have not parted ways with it. I still wear my robe. I imagine I should just get rid of it, but it is comfy.

Fiddleman~ Comfy robes are the best. And you can take your leather jacket and get it altered.

Most of my clothes I put on Freecycle, an online way to offer items to people in your area who want them. You post what you have to give away on their site and people contact you online to ask for the items. You select who you want to have them from the respondents and they come pick up your giveaways. To locate the site for your local Freecycle group, Google Freecycle and your town/city/county.

Most of my clothes I put on Freecycle, an online way to offer items to people in your area who want them. You post what you have to give away on their site and people contact you online to ask for the items. You select who you want to have them from the respondents and they come pick up your giveaways. To locate the site for your local Freecycle group, Google Freecycle and your town/city/county.

This is pretty cool! We have one in our county! :)

I have a closet full of really nice clothes and just don't know what to do with them. I thought about consignment but wondered if you really got much back monetarily. Would it be better to just donate them. I am finally ready to get rid of them but don't know which would be better? What have you all done with your clothes?

I'm going to offer them as transition clothes to people on here and then donate what's left.