Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help..........What did you do with all of your clothes that are to big!

In the past, I have given lots of expensive clothes to people who wanted them and never saw them worn. I did give a whole carload to a rehab/thrift store and they were very happy to get them

This time I took I took all my clothes to this nice resale shop we have locally. Let me tell you, I made almost a thousand bucks over a period of 4 months!!! Expensive, plus size clothes are snatched up quickly!!!!

In the past, I have given lots of expensive clothes to people who wanted them and never saw them worn. I did give a whole carload to a rehab/thrift store and they were very happy to get them

This time I took I took all my clothes to this nice resale shop we have locally. Let me tell you, I made almost a thousand bucks over a period of 4 months!!! Expensive, plus size clothes are snatched up quickly!!!!

You must have had a serious amount of expensive clothing!! The resale shops around here will only give 40-50% of the resale profit back to you. If I had that much I would do the same but mine would probably be better served in donating them to the woman's shelter. :)

Yep. Another of my addictions. Lol. Shopping.

I must say it has become one of my new favorite things to do. But now I am just going to window shop for awhile and wait until spring/summer gets closer so I can see what sizes to buy.

I must say it has become one of my new favorite things to do. But now I am just going to window shop for awhile and wait until spring/summer gets closer so I can see what sizes to buy.

It's so much fun now. There are always bargains! Ha! And I find WAYYYY too many of them.

I now have ANOTHER closet full of L And XL regular size sweaters and size 12 skirts all way too big. I have taken up many skirts since I am a master at zipping down the side of a straight skirt in a hurry! Ha!!

I had a new nurse start at my job that has also been sleeved, but she still weighs about 100 pounds more than I do now. She has just had a baby and money is very tight for her and her family. I had a crazy amount of scrubs (we get a $300 voucher each year for uniforms) so I was able to give her enough scrubs that she won't have to do work laundry for almost 3 weeks. I have never seen someone so thrilled to get used scrubs. :D

All of my "real" clothes were donated to disabled veteran store.

Will give mine to the ladies who clean my home. They can use it for themselves, give it to their friends, or they can sell to make money, whatever they wish. Love to give things to the ladies who week end and week out come to my service to clean my house without ever complaining ...who r trustworthy and dependable. Pay it forward is my motto.

Did someone post about asking your nutritionist if they knew anyone that might want/need new clothes? Mine runs a WLS support group, plus she sees patients all the time, so she'd be a good resource.

I also plan to donate clothing to my church because I know they'll put them to good use at women's shelters and assisting less fortunate members.

Even though we have a thrift store nearby, I'm not a fan of taking things there because the employees pick through and take a lot of the "good" stuff to keep for themselves. (One of my friends worked there back in HS)

Did someone post about asking your nutritionist if they knew anyone that might want/need new clothes? Mine runs a WLS support group, plus she sees patients all the time, so she'd be a good resource.

I also plan to donate clothing to my church because I know they'll put them to good use at women's shelters and assisting less fortunate members.

Even though we have a thrift store nearby, I'm not a fan of taking things there because the employees pick through and take a lot of the "good" stuff to keep for themselves. (One of my friends worked there back in HS)

That is so true! I never thought about that I really want someone to get them who needs them. Not the ladies who work at the thrift store. I have already decided to give some to a friend who needs help and donate the rest to a woman's shelter.

I took clothes to my face to face support group. Left them in my trunk and had people take what they wanted after the meeting was over. What people didn't take, I donated to charity.

Lynda

I've tossed most of mine in those handy little "save-the-earth" canisters I see in the parking lot of mosques, churches and walmarts.

Donate to a charity that helps women move into business jobs from welfare. They always need plus size business clothes.

Pay it forward!! I gave someone who needed them in that size. And then someone gave me their nice office clothes that they didn't need in a size to fit me in 8 pounds.

That is so true! I never thought about that I really want someone to get them who needs them. Not the ladies who work at the thrift store. I have already decided to give some to a friend who needs help and donate the rest to a woman's shelter.

Exactly! Now that's not to say some of those ladies who are holding onto the "good" stuff might be in need to, but it wouldn't surprise me if some of those things were being resold at jacked up prices on Ebay.

It just makes me feel better to know that they are going into hands that are in need, not want if that makes sense. :-)

Edited by Comfy_Blue

http://www.bariatricpal.com/forum/990-the-clothing-exchange/ is the clothing exchange on this site. I've bought some high end clothes here as I got smaller. Some people sell and some give it away if you pay shipping.