Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help..........What did you do with all of your clothes that are to big!

I have a closet full of really nice clothes and just don't know what to do with them. I thought about consignment but wondered if you really got much back monetarily. Would it be better to just donate them. I am finally ready to get rid of them but don't know which would be better? What have you all done with your clothes?

I gave mine away to people I knew would love them and enjoy them (I had very nice clothes too). People would say, "oh it must've been nice getting rid of all your clothes." Um, no. But I'm glad I gave them away to people who enjoy them.

I gave mine away to people I knew would love them and enjoy them (I had very nice clothes too). People would say, "oh it must've been nice getting rid of all your clothes." Um, no. But I'm glad I gave them away to people who enjoy them.

I was thinking of giving them to people that I thought would want them but I was afraid I would insult them. I was afraid they would think I thought they were as big as me.

I was thinking of giving them to people that I thought would want them but I was afraid I would insult them. I was afraid they would think I thought they were as big as me.

Could you offer them on Facebook? "Have a lot of <insert size> clothes, dresses, nice tops, etc to give away. Anyone interested?" I was jsut thinking about asking on FB myself for friends to keep me in mind, but I didn't want to put all my business out there like that. Could you offer them at a support group or to a local forum member? I think most people losing weight like we will/are would be thrilled to have some good hand me downs, and then they could pass it on when they outgrow them as well.

I'm passing mine down to my friend who also had sleeve but is bigger than me. She can use them as she transitions and then she can pass them to a friend of hers

Charideeeeeeee for the day-to-day stuff.

For the 'not so' day-to-day, I shall consider selling the stuff that I know my larger friends won't want - or would like, but know they wouldn't wear... (No point in offering a red floor length leather coat by Anna Scholtz to people who are fairly conservative)

If you want them to go to a 'good home' and rather than making them feel self conscious about their size? Why not have a girly 'get-together', with all your stuff hung up on a couple of racks. Fill them full of wine and canapes and ask them to help themselves?

Or even get them to bring some of their stuff over for a 'swap shop'.. I don't think any of us will recoup the money we spent on most of our items, but if you managed to swap something for something else that might not be in the same price bracket, but appeals to you for this season? Might be a winner? :)

Mine are sitting in a HUGE pile next to my closet, waiting to be hauled off to Goodwill. One of these days.

I just offered some to a few friends and will give the rest to a woman's shelter. This has been bothering me for a while. I need to get rid of them but just kept putting issue along with the close in the back of the closet. Can't wait to empty out this closet! :) Thanks for the help everyone!! :)

Edited by Beach Lover

There is a charity truck that comes around here every three months. They use the donated items to stock a resale shop for veterans. So, I have been collecting my stuff for the next pick-up.

Other thrift stores are a good resource also. My experience with thrift store shopping is that (just like retail stores) there is very little women's plus size clothing. I am sure that any organization like that would be grateful for your items.

Another suggestion is to contact any women's shelters in your area to see if they could use your items to disperse to women in need. A lot of times when a woman escapes from a volatile situation, they escape with the clothes on their backs. I know we all probably hate to throw out good things.

Good luck with your new sleeve.

There is a charity truck that comes around here every three months. They use the donated items to stock a resale shop for veterans. So, I have been collecting my stuff for the next pick-up.

Other thrift stores are a good resource also. My experience with thrift store shopping is that (just like retail stores) there is very little women's plus size clothing. I am sure that any organization like that would be grateful for your items.

Another suggestion is to contact any women's shelters in your area to see if they could use your items to disperse to women in need. A lot of times when a woman escapes from a volatile situation, they escape with the clothes on their backs. I know we all probably hate to throw out good things.

Good luck with your new sleeve.

That is what I have decided to do with most of the clothes. There is a woman's shelter in Daytona that is just for those women in flee from there homes. They have a resale shop to help them as well. I have donated furniture to them in the past. I hope the clothes will help someone in need.

I discovered that my sons teacher is the size I was shrinking out of so I passed my pants on to her, she really needed them.

I just had my surgery and am not ready yet, but the practice that performed my surgery has a support group. The Group often has clothing give aways. You could sell them in lots on ebay or just give them away. While I am looking forward to giving away clothes, I'm a little nervous about the cost of getting transition clothing. (I;ll get over it!)

I gave mine to the thrift store that kept me in clothing during my "too big for regular stores" days and my shrinking days. I was glad they were there for me so they got what out-grew me, I cleaned my closet 3 times.

I gave mine to the thrift store that kept me in clothing during my "too big for regular stores" days and my shrinking days. I was glad they were there for me so they got what out-grew me, I cleaned my closet 3 times.

3 times! Oh man, I was afraid it was going to something like that! I have 52 more pounds to lose and a summer and fall before it is finished. It's a good problem but an expensive one! I shop the clearance racks at the outlet malls and thrift stores

but it still ends up costing more than you expect. I'm wandering if I should pick up some medium and large sizes for next fall while the clearance racks are pretty good right now. Thoughts???????