Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Georgia ??

Hello Georgia Banders,

I have a friend that lives in Flowery Branch. This is all new to him and he would like to be referred to a good surgeon in his area. I'm in CT so can you please help me out.

Thanks, Chris

Hi, I am from Dahlonega and I used Dr. Robert Richard in Gainesville. He is in with Dr. Charles Proctor. They do business as Obesity Solutions. I am just over a month from surgery and my experiences with them so far has been wonderful! I am very pleased with my choice of doctors.

Good Afternoon,

My name is Larry I am 37 and have lost about 100 lbs had my surgery in Chattanooga TN in Sep of 2006. I since have moved with my company to Augusta GA so now I am in the need of a good fill dr that is willing to work with patients that had their sugery done else where.

I am supervisor for T-mobile. I do exercise often in fact let me tell you about my Saturday adventure. I still am not totally familiar with Augusta GA it was a pleasant day Saturday so I deciced I would go for a bike ride and check out the park by me so I did, no problem, I thought I was riding around a small lake did not think I had rode that far, so I kept going crossed a bridge and my bike pedal broke ona brand new bike. Yes the bike was made in China bought at Walmart the next brand. So I am like well I just have a little bit to walk and asked someone if Kept going did this take me back to the same park I was in and was told yes. However it does not I wound up in Evans GA which is about 15 to 20 miles away. So I had a good workout and also learned in the future to at least go back the way I came. But I did see some pretty interesting sites lol

If you know of someone please let me know and thanks for your help

Sorry guys I haven't followed up on this post...but as asked...here is the diet:

How to break a plateau:

• Do this for 10 days to break a plateau
  • Drink 2 Quarts of Water a day
  • You must have 45 grams of Protein supplements and take all of your vitamins/mineral supplements each day
  • You may consume up to 3oz of the following high protein foods 5 times a day

Beef

Pork

Chicken

Turkey

Lamb

Fish

Eggs

Low-fat cheese

Cottage cheese

Plain yogurt/artificially sweetened

Peanut butter

Beans/legumes

You may also have:

sugar free popsicles

Tea or coffee

Sugar free jello

Broths/buillon

Crystal Light drinks

• If it is not on the list don’t eat it!
  • Keep a food diary and try to get up to 30 minutes of exercise per day!

Between us I and some friends have seen the scale change within 2 days…some take a little longer but it works!!!

Good Afternoon,

My name is Larry I am 37 and have lost about 100 lbs had my surgery in Chattanooga TN in Sep of 2006. I since have moved with my company to Augusta GA so now I am in the need of a good fill dr that is willing to work with patients that had their sugery done else where.

I am supervisor for T-mobile. I do exercise often in fact let me tell you about my Saturday adventure. I still am not totally familiar with Augusta GA it was a pleasant day Saturday so I deciced I would go for a bike ride and check out the park by me so I did, no problem, I thought I was riding around a small lake did not think I had rode that far, so I kept going crossed a bridge and my bike pedal broke ona brand new bike. Yes the bike was made in China bought at Walmart the next brand. So I am like well I just have a little bit to walk and asked someone if Kept going did this take me back to the same park I was in and was told yes. However it does not I wound up in Evans GA which is about 15 to 20 miles away. So I had a good workout and also learned in the future to at least go back the way I came. But I did see some pretty interesting sites lol

If you know of someone please let me know and thanks for your help

Aww, poor guy. Hope you don't mind but I got a chuckle out of your story. :lol:

I went to UGA and had friends from Augusta, who lovingly referred to it as "Disgusta" but I always find it quite lovely when I visit.

My parents and I went for a bike ride at Calloway Gardens last spring, and made a wrong turn and took an extremely long route, not the short one we had planned on. I thought they would end up finding us dead in the woods from dehydration...it wasn't funny at the time but we love telling that story now.

Well, I ended up faxing my info to Dr. Champion and spoke with one of the ladies there, she was very nice, she called and checked my coverage and policy and told me I was covered for the procedure. I had previously called the insurance company myself and they also told me I was covered for lap band. So, the day I spoke with the lady at the doc's office I called the insurance back to ask some more questions and spoke with someone else who informed that I was NOT covered and had a total exclusion in my policy for bariatric surgery. The lady at the doc's office also called back to check and they told her the same thing.

I'm a little upset that two insurance employers told me and the office lady the wrong thing. Do they not know what they are doing. Thanks to them for getting my hopes up and then crushing them. Needless to say I won't be having surgery, as I can not afford it out of pocket. However, I am one of those people who thinks everything happens for a reason, so I accept it and will now just keep on trying to loose weight by myself, even though it seems unattainable.

Good luck to all of those who do have surgery, I hope everything works out for you in the best way.

NO LONG HOPEFUL GIRL:frown:

I'm sorry to hear that hopeful girl. :)

I had a similar experience in September, but another door has been opened for me and I hope the same will happen for you.

Augustabrat and UGAgirl ---you both had me laughing about your long excursions on the bike. Congratulations 4JIN!!!!!! Also 4JIN, on that breaking plateau, do you not eat any vegetables other then the ones mentioned? Also do you eat 3 oz of meat 5 times daily or total of 3 oz split in 5 times? Thanks.

Congrats 4Jin!

I have one more month before I can submit the paper work to my insurance for approval.

I had my psych appt today & passed!

Augustabrat and UGAgirl ---you both had me laughing about your long excursions on the bike. Congratulations 4JIN!!!!!! Also 4JIN, on that breaking plateau, do you not eat any vegetables other then the ones mentioned? Also do you eat 3 oz of meat 5 times daily or total of 3 oz split in 5 times? Thanks.

Thanks rumar,

I do not eat any vegetables other than the ones on the list.

You can eat up to 5 times daily up to 3oz each time. It is up to you how much you want 3oz or less.

I have done this and broke plateau within 2 days!

Hey everyone-

I went for my pre-op appointment today with my surgeon and the hospital. I never knew there was so much involved! I am so ready to get this ball rolling and be through with the surgery.

Hopefully this time next week I will be resting with my band!

Thanks AtlSpeedy,

You are going the right speed here! I will pray you get an initial approval. Waiting for insurance approval is the pits thought! I had been doing so great with my diet ...then my paperwork was submitted and under terrible stress and holidays I caved and have gained...yikes...I am scared to go back to the surgeon next week and see the numbers higher....

Anywho.....What I am trying to say is be prepared mentally when you submitt to the insurance....that's all....!

Hello there.

I just found this forum today, and signed right up! I live in Brunswick and am planning on having my surgery in Savannah. There is a group here that does the surgery, and I went to their informational session in December. But I have a friend who is an MD at Memorial in Savannah and he could not say enough wonderful about the Savannah guys. I went to the Savannah Information Session and stayed to attend a support group meeting (one requirement is to attend 2 support group meetings.)

I will be private pay because my BC/BC blue choice ppo has a specific exclusion. Luckily the entire procedure and a year of fills will be just under $14,000 in Savannah and already got pre-approved for a health care loan to take with me to my 1st appointment.

According to the staff in Savannah, a private pay person who can get everything done (psych eval, meetings, etc) can be scheduled in as little as three weeks. That being said, I am hoping to plan for early April.

I have a wonderful, supportive husband. My grown children are also happy for my decision, and my sister is supportive as well.

I am glad to meet all of you, and look forward to keeping up with everyone in this forum.

Patt :wink2:

Hey Everyone-

I'm one day post surgery and at my parents resting and recovering. I'm so glad to finally have the surgery over and I'm looking forward to healing and getting on with my life with my band!