Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm newly banded just 7 days. What stage am I in .I weighed my self and no weight loss? Am I doing something wrong. liquids is what I've had so far.. any suggestions. feeling still bloated and sad because the scale hasn't moved. Help!!

Stop worrying about the scale.....there will be plenty of time for that!

The first 6 weeks (as per my doctor) is all about HEALING and following the recommended diet by your doctor so that you can heal properly and safely!

You are probably bloated which is why the scale hasnt moved...I've posted this several times before and I will say my opinion once again....

WLS IS NOT A QUICK ROAD TRIP....IT IS JOURNEY!! We did not gain all of our weight in one day, one week or even one month or year. It is not going to come off like that either.

My suggestion to you is to RELAX, follow your doctors plan for healing and take each day as it comes and it will happen.....IT WILL!

Best of luck to you.....happy new year too!

I had the same thing and I'm not going to lie it is frustrating. This is the time when you hear you will be losing fast at least for a short while, so when it doesn't happen it's a bummer. The thing is it seems to be pretty common to not lose right now and it is ok to be irritated at the fact that you aren't losing right now :) I was frustrated and still am lol but I know it will happen and my doctor promises me it will. So hang in there. The good news is while the scale hasn't moved, people keep telling me I look like I've lost weight so something must be going on :)

Thanks so much for the encourage me.. NY ears are open and my mind receptive...,

Thanks so much for the encouragement.. my ears are open and my mind receptive...,

Hi Drea, you're just recovering from the surgery and there's a lot of Fluid retention -- don't worry about it!

Hang in there! I had my 4 week post op appointment the other day and the PA told me that most people don't lose any weight during this stage. So, give yourself a break and just heal. Don't worry about the numbers right now....

I'm newly banded just 7 days. What stage am I in .

Every doctor has a slightly different post surgical protocol. Impossible to say what stage you're in? Your doc must have given you a post surgical list? My doc is rather liberal so I was on Soups by the 4th day and on to soft foods by the 8th day. But most docs keep patients on a liquid to soupy for up to 30 days and at least 15.

The other posters are correct. During surgery they fill you with saline and all the drugs can make losing some of the excess fluids difficult. Also, if you were on a pre op diet you may not lose for a while since you've squeezed out some of the excess Water obese people retain. Concentrate on healing. Happy New Year!