Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need a buddy near Tampa/St. Pete

I am having Lap Band surgery on the 26th. I have over a 100 lbs to lose. Would appreciate the help.

Cybercenters

I'm in Clearwater and was just banded on the 16th. Who is your doctor?

Good luck!!

I am having Lap Band surgery on the 26th. I have over a 100 lbs to lose. Would appreciate the help.

Cybercenters

Iwas banded 8-23-13. I had an easy surgery hard time getting approved b/c I take 22 pills a day...used to be 33. I've lost 25 lbs. I've not had a fill yet. Dr says I'm doing real well. Slow and sure. But I take psychiatric drugs that are weight gain...have diabetes...and low thyroid. You would think I'm a failure before I began...but I would do it again. I've learned some things others take awhile. If you don't have my sort of problems...and you follow the plan...you'll probably lose weight fairly fast. Mine is going to be slow...but I did it for health reasons first weight reduction second. I have 50 lbs to go to meet my goal so I'm happy the way I'm going. If you have questions I can try to answer but going to general lapband support groups then lapband support groups alot of vets are on there and many are willing to help. I go there with my problems and they are very supportive. But always consult your lapband doctor.

Good luck.

Iwas banded 8-23-13. I had an easy surgery hard time getting approved b/c I take 22 pills a day...used to be 33. I've lost 25 lbs. I've not had a fill yet. Dr says I'm doing real well. Slow and sure. But I take psychiatric drugs that are weight gain...have diabetes...and low thyroid. You would think I'm a failure before I began...but I would do it again. I've learned some things others take awhile. If you don't have my sort of problems...and you follow the plan...you'll probably lose weight fairly fast. Mine is going to be slow...but I did it for health reasons first weight reduction second. I have 50 lbs to go to meet my goal so I'm happy the way I'm going. If you have questions I can try to answer but going to general lapband support groups then lapband support groups alot of vets are on there and many are willing to help. I go there with my problems and they are very supportive. But always consult your lapband doctor.

Good luck.

Oh btw I do live in Tampa or Hudson just an hour north and I go to Florida Surgical Weightloss clinic in Zephryhills I see Dr Grossbard...he's banded himself.

I am in New Port Richey. My Dr. is Grossbard in Zephyrhills. The surgery was easy, but I have having problems with gas pains. I am taking GasX and Phayzime.

I too did it for health reasons, so the weight loss is secondary. I only take a few meds, so I am hoping the loss will be easy.

I am in New Port Richey. My Dr. is Grossbard in Zephyrhills. The surgery was easy, but I have having problems with gas pains. I am taking GasX and Phayzime.

I too did it for health reasons, so the weight loss is secondary. I only take a few meds, so I am hoping the loss will be easy.

Whereabout in N.P.R? The gas pain is usually usual. They say walking helps alot taking gasx helps. So far so good. Do u like dr. Grossbard? If any pain gets to be too much be sure to call dr. Or talk with Barbara, I think. Talk to you later...sounds like your off to a good start. Donna

<p>I'm in Clearwater and was just banded on the 16th. Who is your doctor?</p> <p> </p> <p>Good luck!!</p>

hi I am moving to the Tampa Clearwater area to know of support groups? Also a plastic surgeon. I might use the one I have here since my families here

Seems like you're doing a great job Donna keep it up. Medications are terrible they do all sorts of things. That's also how I gained my weight: so I understand. Don't give up!

hi I am moving to the Tampa Clearwater area to know of support groups? Also a plastic surgeon. I might use the one I have here since my families here

Check out Sun Coast bariatrics. They have support groups. :). I don't know of any plastic surgeons, sorry.

Thanks a lot Kim! I will Definitely check it out. Let you know when I Do.

I am in Lakeland and also, see Dr. Grossbard! I chose him because he was banded and many in his office are, too!Karen..aka.kll724

Thanks girls for information. I'm so excited about Florida if you hear of a plastic surgeon out there let me know. I feel I have extra skin. My nutritionist/dietitian and the surgeon who preformed the sleeve we came up with a five more pounds weight goal and then I can have surgery. I do have a surgeon here, it may be easier just to have it in Jersey but complicated with work etc.