Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jan 13, 2014 Sleeved Friends

I'm on the 13th too! Not meeting with the surgeon until the 9th. I am on day 4 of my 2 week pre op diet. Not a fan....

Have u totally went without food for 4 days because I ate a small bowl of Cereal for 2 nights. It doesn't seem easier as time goes on but it does show me how many times I use to eat when I wasn't really hungry .

No, not without food totally. Just nothing good. shakes, veggies, oatmeal, applesauce..... I find myself day dreaming about boiled chicken breasts or oven baked fish.....

omg the head hunger is really unbeleavable!!!! i had no idea how of\ten i eat when not hungry WOW don't know how i will deal with this poost sleeve but i guess i;'ll manage

Oh wowww I totally feel the same way, head hunger, but my stomach feels fine, but my mind is saying, Protein, chicken broth, protein bar yuck!! + I dont like milk at all, but I'm trying my best!

I have a mild headache all day cuz my head knows something is up lol.

I'm also shock to see how much I eat without being hungry:/

Please everyone lets keep each other motivated, lets try to post, at least one time everyday, Ty:)

Mamato2, if you are having surgery on the 13th, you should have this info from your nutritionist. I'd call and ask about it, because there are certain liquids, foods, and suppliments you will need to have at home after surgery.

As for myself, the post op diet goes in stages like this: Clear Liquids, strained full liquids, modified full liquids, pureed, modified soft, modified regular, then regular. This is from the day of surgery through the first year post op.

Eleven more days! Whoot!

Hi All.... I am a band (2008) to sleeve scheduled for the 13th at 7:30am!

Pre band weight 366

lowest weight with band 255

1st visit for revision 331

current 325

Looking forward to having a permanent tool. I work so hard with the band, only to have issues after 2 years and had an infill and backslid something horrible. All that is behind me, I am going to work just as hard this time too and stick with making healthy choices from here on out!!! I start my pre-op liquid diet tomorrow!!!! Good luck to us!!!

OK I know this isnt a supportive comment but the Optifast chicken Soup, YUK! Will try Tomato basil tonight. It's got to be better.

Regaurdless, I got this nasty or not! 10 days and counting!!!!

I find it so interesting that doctors have such different food requirements prior to doing the exact same surgery. Some have no liquid diet at all and some have 2 full weeks. I have one week.

So I'll be joining you all on that next Monday!!! I've done my shopping and only need to hit Sam's for the Protein drinks and I'm set. Even making my own popsicles out of Crystal Light for the day before surgery. I can't have any red or blue dyes that day, so it's only lemonade for me.

I think you will do fine on the diet for a week. The first three days were hard, then my hungry brain just have up. At this point I'm not even eating everything I should, it doesn't sound appetizing...

5 day on liquid diet, and im doing better....but yesterday was a really depressing day, I almost canceled my surgery for jan 13...,I don't know I was over come by a terrible fear and anxiety...I guess I was watching a lot of YouTube videos, where this girl was talking about, nutrients Vitamins, Calcium n Iron, and how she cannot go 3 weeks without them, cuz she start feeling weak, Charlie horse on her legs, cramps, n then have to run to the Doctor for extra meds n infusions, so in order for her to be alive, she has to be taking all her medication on time everyday for everr, if not she will end up hospitalize, she is 2 yrs po and 100 lbs down, at her 150 goal...

I guess I got scared cuz, I was thinking lets say if I go on vacation, for 2 weeks, and I forgot my vitamins, or at least a few of them, and im in my country am I going to get sick I 2 weeks, and how about if someday I don't have enough money to buy all medication what am I going to do???

(I mean they are going to cut the part of the stomach, where nutrients, vitamins, calcium n iron is absorb, so by eating food itself wont do it!) :/ and im talking long term...not right after surgery...im saying like 5 yrs out, am I still going to still have to depend on vit, minerals, especially for women is the deficiency is more severe than men.....I know my Dr told me yes, but can I at least rest of pills like for a month, without having to be hospitalized a month later w. all my vits iron calcium extremely low .......

Have you guys check the Protein Shakes, vit, minerals and all the supplement thread...must ppl, like 95%of them take a minimum of like 10 pills a day...BUT THE REST TAKE EVEN 30 PILLS A DAY...Forever!!! Yikes...

I guess as you can see im extremely n very concerned with long term defiencies, also the latest study w. the first group of sleever I Europe shows that 90% of them have b vitamins, iron calcium n every defienciency, but they manage well with pills, infusions n eating well, exercising, also none of them.have high blood pressure, diabetes or colesterol..they all at goal n i guess happy even with all the defiencency..

Ugh this is so long...I hope at least someone reads it...I'm so so sorry..for this rant!

Book is over now...thanks so much for readind n please excuse my typos, im on my cell in bed, thinking thinking, on liquid diet n feel like im running out of time!

Thanks again!

THE END.

And yet I forgot more lol..

I forgot to write, that I need opinions, advice, thoughts n support please...or anything.....I will appreciate a lot!

I dont have much family support :(

Thanks again.

The weight loss center that I am going through has their stuff together, I mean they plan EVERY last detail out and make their patients overly aware of everything. I am aware that I will need to be on a bariatric daily Multivitamin for the test of my life. All other nutritional needs should be meet by the food I consume, but yearly blood work is required.

I see it like this, I obsess over food now anyway- what am I you g to ear, when, where, how much, I plan vacations and weekends around all the good places I can pig out. So now I'll just trade my obsession in for a new one. I can sit here and worry all day about all the complications and long term effects of the sleeve or I can sit worry about when my first heartattack will be or how old my kids will be when I die or never being able to get on a rollercoaster with my son.

Worry about the sleeve, you know your brain is going to go there anyway. But also be extremly proud of yourself for taking control of your future.

I'm on day day 6 of 14 on the pre op diet and I thought about how final my decision is and had thoughts about not going through with it, I honestly think it was my fat girl brain crying out for one last chance. My gat girl brain lies..... a lot. I'm not listening to her anymore.

You can do this!

MaziD thank you so much for your reply:)

I think is also my fat fat girl brain talking too...

I been crying for 2 days straight....for the last 6 months I been so excited, n now that im so close, Im so scared :/ incredibly emotional, poor hubby don't know what to do with me, I better get it together! N stop being a chicken lol.

But I know my sweet Jesus will give me the strength n peace of mind that I need so bad right now.

Thank you again, hun!

MaziD...I've had the same great experience with my doctor and his nurse and nutritionist. They've told me everything plus gave me a bunch of handouts to read. The nutritionist game me a list of Protein powders and ready-made drinks that are acceptable and the stores that carried each of them. She also gave me a sample menu for my liquid diet days so I would know how to balance that.

I bought my bariatric Vitamins from the doctor's office and was told all I needed to take was that chewable Vitamin and it would cover all my needs.

I meet with my doctor for one last visit on Tuesday and I'm sure I'll get more info. then.

Yeah, I'm scared too, but living the rest of my life the way I am is totally unacceptable to me anymore. I can't walk very far. If I go shopping I have to hang onto the cart for dear life and before I get through the store my legs ache so bad I have to find a place to sit for a while. I hate having the arms of chairs dig into my flesh and be embarrassed by that in a waiting room.

I hate feeling crunched in a movie...not fitting into booths...being reluctant to fly because I squish the person next to me and always need the seatbelt extender. I hate the fact that people look at me in restaurants and laugh. I hate not being able to exercise because I just can't stand that long or have the stamina. I hate buying my clothes at the "big girl" stores and paying exhorbitant prices for them . I hate not being able to go to amusement parks because I can't do the walking and I could never fit into the rides. I hate living in fear that I might trip and fall and I can't get myself back up.

I think I really am more scared of living life like this...because it's not much of a life anymore...and I know it's only a matter of time before I develop medical problems because of it.