Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jan 13, 2014 Sleeved Friends

Mjm you are right about the Vitamins tho I read a medical report from memory it seemed about 48% of ppl needed b-12 and a few other things .

I'm a little worried about it but It will be how it will be. I think the important take away is that we all need to stay on top if aftercare.

Nolagirl do u live in New Orleans ??

Sorry to hear of delays for a few people... that's disappointing for sure :( I went for my pre-op visit with the surgeon... consent is signed. I have appt with PCP for medical clearance... all labs and my EKG looked good, so hoping for no issues with that. liquid diet it going ok, found a few palatable flavors thank goodness!!!! Only a few more days to go!!!

I lived right in the city for many years live just outside in a farm now with my 6 horses lol

OMG ok so I'm assuming all us fatties are cheating a little in this liquid diet thing.... I've lost only 10 lbs by the new scale ( 15 by the old one but I suspect it's off) I'm doing shake in the am Soup at night which my diet says I'm allowed but I eat a few peices of fruit if I'm starving which I am less and less. It's wired I'm traveling tonight out of town all anybody wants to do is friggin eat!!! It's like I realize my whole life revolved around what I will eat and when. Weird I'm getting much less hungry now that I'm eating healthier and less. A can of soup I used to eat with a hunk of cheese and a pack of crackers is now too much just the soup. So I guess the only cheat is the fruit but hey we just do the best we can huh?

Anybody else up to confess or am I the only cheater lol?

I only had a preop 1400 cal diet restriction. No liquids or nothing.

The first day of the liquid diet was hard, but after that I got used to it.

From what I understand the purpose of the all liquid diet is to reduce the size of your liver. When you only eat Protein your liver uses up its stores of glycogen (I think that's what it is) and shrinks. It has to be moved during surgery in order to get to your stomach. So if you are cheating, that probably isn't happening because fruit has a lot of carbs.

But I see people who have no liquid diets and some no restrictions at all, so I guess it depends on your particular doctor.

I want the best outcome possible, so I'm staying strictly to the guidelines. My doctor only allows Clear Liquids the day before surgery, so even a bit more restrictive.

Good luck to all of us...Monday will be here before we know it.

I've been a "good girl", liquids and fresh veggies and fat free dressing... nectar Protein shakes and I made some sf Jello and sf pudding with Protein in it. Had egg drop Soup last night.... I miss my crackers in my soup!!! lol All set for Monday! Hopped the last hoop and have medical clearance in my hand!!! I have had several nurses where I work have the sleeve done and they all look great and feel better!!!! Now its my turn to join them!!!!

:)

Hey guys wow I feel like I'm the only one not sticking to the diet. I guess the way I ate before candy and pizza and fast food is so different than the clean way I'm eating now I didn't figure fruit was that big a deal. I guess my thinking was the shakes have carbs and fructose so what's the difference in eating real fruit? Anyway I have noticed that I'm way less hungry now than I was in the beginning. Well good luck to everyone see y'all Monday!

Hey Nola, I also have ate things that im not supposed to, but like you im less hungry, get fuller faster, and getting better each day, but I have to say that the Protein Shakes are making me so nauseous!! Yuck!! Is so bad I can even think about it, today I bought strawberry n chocolate flavor, n so far the strawberry one I had for dinner is making so nauseous, that I have to go to bed, just to fall sleep n forget about the shake, the vanilla one, I drank that one the first whole week n I hide the can, so I don't even look at it, im going to try chocolate in the morning, please Dear God, help me love it lol, I know it sounds like im complaining but im strong! And Nothing is going to stop me or us now, In the Name of Jesus! Amen!

Praying very hard for everyone < 3

3 more days!!!!!

I have an appt w. the Surgeon tomorrow, more blood work n making sure my Calcium is good, it was very low last time, n they put on a once a week dose for the last 2 months.

Oh and also, finally I will get my surgery time tomorrow yayy!!

ok have a blessed night all :)

I don't have a pre-OP diet until Sunday, when I have to have Clear Liquids only.

Regarding info given to us, my clinic went over everything- every step if pre- op, during surgery, and post-op. They give all of the patients a thick binder with all if the info in black and white for reference.

Three more sleeps! Whoot!

My surgery time is 2 pm... :)

5 a.m here.... :)

Cutie miss can we switch times please lol

Im on only liquids this weekend