Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How soon after surgery have u returned to work?

In your own experience, how long after surgery did you return to work?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. In your own experience, how long after surgery did you return to work?

• Same Day
    • The day after
    • 2 days
    • 3 days
    • 4 days
    • 5 days
    • 6 days
    • 1 Week
    • 2 Weeks
    • 3 Weeks
    • 1 month

AnnaB6-

What do you mean every 15 to 30 minutes?

I am only allowed 3 small meals a day. I was told that if I ate often "grazing" they called it; then the band would not work for me.

Well when I went to the nutrisionist (sp) she gave me a packet that shows a schedule of what you would consume in a day during your first few weeks after the band. I have no idea of what to expect thats why I would love some insight on someones first few weeks because I really want this to work :help:

AnnaB6-

What do you mean every 15 to 30 minutes?

I am only allowed 3 small meals a day. I was told that if I ate often "grazing" they called it; then the band would not work for me.

Hi Lucy

How is it going I am going to be banded two weeks before you are you getting excited?

Yes, I am So excited. I can't wait. A little over 20 days. WOO HOO.. hehe, Two weeks before me; So that's like next week isn't it. Are you excited:clap2: .

Anna B-

It seems that everyone on this site has received their oen personalized advice from their docs and nutritionists.

Some here say they went on liquids before some had "mushies" after.

My doc recommended all liquid the day before suregery, then liquid for 3 weeks and then straight to food, more concentration on Protein - no "mushie" phase just food, chewed very well 3 times a day, very small portions.

Hope this helps

I will be banded in the next few weeks and just like to hear how everyone is doing. I know we are all different but it helps to hear the bad and good to be somewhat prepared.I hope you are doing well!

Have you been banded yet? If so please tell us how your doing

Hi Lucy

How is it going I am going to be banded two weeks before you are you getting excited?

I was banded Thursday (3/29). I returned to work (desk job) today. That was really pushing it but I'm in my last 2 weeks of this job and need to get there. I have some help here at home (hubby out of town) so that is good, re: kids and transporting them around, etc. I parked extra close (and paid a premium for it). I was moving pretty slowly but I don't think my coworkers noticed. I am resting a lot tonight and may cut out early tomorrow.

Doing well though -- my only pain seems to be gas caught just under the rib cage in the diaphram area. I can sleep (inclined) about 5 hours and then it wakes me up and I have to move to a recliner with a heating pad. I look forward to sleeping on my side again.

I dumped the vicodin on day 2 because I hated feeling spacy and drunk. I take liquid tylenol about twice a day and cheated tonight / took an advil.

I have had diarhea (sp) almost since day 1 so am trying to keep the fluids going.

I am having trouble getting in the necessary amount of Protein. Most of the Protein powder I have is either sweet flavored or is only bearable with sweet-flavored items like pudding and powder shakes. I need to start mushy foods (they told me to do that right after leaving the hospital) but I have been reluctant. pureed meat just sounds so awful.

Hi there,

My band date is scheduled for 5/3 (Thursday) and I am anticipating returning to work on Monday 5/7. It is a stressful job but at the same time is a desk job. Do you think that is to early?:paranoid

Hi there,

My band date is scheduled for 5/3 (Thursday) and I am anticipating returning to work on Monday 5/7. It is a stressful job but at the same time is a desk job. Do you think that is to early?:paranoid

Since you have a desk job, sounds great to me! If you had a job where you were lifting and walking all day that would be different. But a desk job, no problem.