Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting For Approval

Congratulations, Shay!!! Certainly about time!!! I wish you much success!!!

Just got my call. Finally approved!

Congratulations!!!!
Thanks!

Congrats!! :)

Congrats!! :)

Thank you!

Good luck to you!! Looks like Imma need a rant post....I had to do the 6 month program at Kaiser and get down to my 6th and final appointment where we submit my paperwork and to find out...my nut went into labor, with no coverage and I cant go to another surrounding facility because she covers all 3 in my general area...Baltimore City, Baltimore County and Harford County.

They told me, we don't know what the plan is now. you may have to wait for us to hire another nut or for her return...why didnt they have back up, she was obviously very pregnant but with this surgery, you will see they dont have the same respect for our plight.

My only option is to sit and wait quietly and patiently or go to Capitol Hill, D.C. to another Kaiser facility. Ummmm, do I need to say which I chose???? Hey I never been to D.C. on foot...lmao, I took the day off to make a day of it...

#endofrant#

<p>Good luck to you!! Looks like Imma need a rant post....I had to do the 6 month program at Kaiser and get down to my 6th and final appointment where we submit my paperwork and to find out...my nut went into labor, with no coverage and I cant go to another surrounding facility because she covers all 3 in my general area...Baltimore City, Baltimore County and Harford County. </p> <p> </p> <p>They told me, we don't know what the plan is now. you may have to wait for us to hire another nut or for her return...why didnt they have back up, she was obviously very pregnant but with this surgery, you will see they dont have the same respect for our plight. </p> <p> </p> <p>My only option is to sit and wait quietly and patiently or go to Capitol Hill, D.C. to another Kaiser facility. Ummmm, do I need to say which I chose???? Hey I never been to D.C. on foot...lmao, I took the day off to make a day of it...</p> <p> </p> <p>#endofrant#</p>

Omg! That's horrible and to think I thought my situation was bad. I hope everything work out for you.

Thanks...ugggg

MsKeeKee01

Have you tried nutritionist Nancy Lum. She is great. My insurance did not cover nutrition and I had to pay out of pocket. Her fee is 240.00 onetime for insurance required 6mos as well as preop and post op. She is very knowledgable in bariatric nutrition. I'm quite sure she may know about ur nutritionist and may be able to help. She is located in Catonsville.

MsKeeKee01

Have you tried nutritionist Nancy Lum. She is great. My insurance did not cover nutrition and I had to pay out of pocket. Her fee is 240.00 onetime for insurance required 6mos as well as preop and post op. She is very knowledgable in bariatric nutrition. I'm quite sure she may know about ur nutritionist and may be able to help. She is located in Catonsville.

Thanks. Oh yeah Nancy Lum, she works with my surgeon Dr. Averbach. Unfortunately I have Kaiser and thats only because we must complete their 6 month program and use only their providers to get approved to see the surgeon. So the closest I can get to is Capitol Hill in DC. Thank goodness everything is covered 100% and with this being my final appointment, I'm just ready to submit and get this part over with. I do wish I could just go right to Averbach's group...this would be much quicker....but I'm moving right along..made an appointment for first week in Feb now. Thanks.

This is amazing!! I'm so glad you got approved! What are the next steps? Are they going to make you jump through more hoops? Or are you guys picking a date and going for it? Keep us updated!

I'm still waiting for my appeal to come back. I have been so distracted with school that I forgot to call them yesterday, so now I will have to wait I till Monday to call an probably still get a no. :/

But you getting approved gives me hope. :)

Dylan

Hey shey! How goes it????

Hey shey! How goes it????

I get my date on this coming Monday

Woohoo!!! I have foun out that My insurance has changed... So it's inly a matter of time before I am approved! Woot! Are you excited,. Or nurvous.. What are you feeling. :)

Woohoo!!! I have foun out that My insurance has changed... So it's inly a matter of time before I am approved! Woot! Are you excited,. Or nurvous.. What are you feeling. :)

It's been such a long process so at this point I'm ready. I know it will be a challenge but I believe in me.