Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thin pizza crust recipe?

Hey y'all

I'm looking for a good (easy) recipe for pizza crust. I love pizza and I'm trying to make it less of a bad food choice. So, does anyone have a recipe? Something that will make a thin crust (obviously). Not a large amount of crust, just enough for maybe a personal size like Pizza Hut has.

If Pizza Hut would just offer a personal thin crust instead of the pan, this would be so much easier.

Thanks

Try taking a pita bread and opening it up. Bake one half until just barely crispy and add your topping and rebake to melt cheese, heat toppings and crisp up the bread the rest of the way.

We buy thin crust bobolli (sp) in the supermarket. I put lots of veggies on it with some pepperoni and low fat cheese. Yummy. I usually don't eat the crust except for around the top. I just scrap off the pizza fillings and eat them.

Also try flating out biscuit dough or tortillas. I use the biscuit dough, smash it flat, add the sauce, toppings and bake. The thinner you smash it the crisper it gets. ~Mandy

just use a flour tortilla. I used to work in pizza and that was basically all we used for thin crust pizzas. you can buy them at some stores like Cash n Carry.

I like the flour tortillas too. I make them into mexican pizzas. Refried Beans, cheese, and taco meat or chicken. I pop them in the toaster oven and then add some guac or sour cream and salsa. For regular pizza, add some spagetti sauce, mozz cheese, and some toppings bake until the cheese melts. It's easy and they taste good. I have also bought sun dried Tomato or spinach tortillas for my pizzas. ~Mandy

In the summer when it is hot, we live out of out toaster oven and off the grill. These can also be adapted for those cooking methods. I place my pizza on foil and toss on the grill or I set the toaster oven on 325, and bake away. ~Mandy

I buy pizza dough mix at Wal-Mart and make it up. You just put warm Water in it and let it rise. Then I divide it in two because there is no way I can eat a whole packet of mix. I freeze half of it and roll the rest out really thin, about 1/4 inch or less. I make the pizza and don't eat the crust around the edges, but the really thin crust goes down. The dogs like the rest of the crust. I can eat about 1/2 of a 8 inch pizza these days. I used to eat a whole medium pizza and want more. Amazing.

Hey y'all

I'm looking for a good (easy) recipe for pizza crust. I love pizza and I'm trying to make it less of a bad food choice. So, does anyone have a recipe? Something that will make a thin crust (obviously). Not a large amount of crust, just enough for maybe a personal size like Pizza Hut has.

If Pizza Hut would just offer a personal thin crust instead of the pan, this would be so much easier.

Thanks

Actually, I used to work at a Pizza Hut, and they DO have a personal size thin crust pizza. At least the one here did. It's called a "Single Thin 'N Crispy" pizza. We only ever offered them at lunchtime, though. It's worth calling your local Pizza Hut and asking them if they have it.

Another option is a crustless pizza. Wheetsin posted a recipe for a really good one somewhere.....I'll see if I can find it and post it here for you....

I found the recipe I was looking for. The following recipe was originally posted by Wheetsin...

Crustless pizza

Softened 4 oz of cream cheese

4 eggs (I use farm fresh brown eggs, just a personal preference and a steal at 25 cents a dozen)

1/3 cup heavy cream

1/4 cup grated parmesan (the dry, sprinkly stuff)

1 tsp chives (using fresh will make a difference!)

1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning

1/2 tsp garlic (fresh minced or minced in a jar work best)

Pizza Sauce (I buy as brand called "Mama Mia". It's by far the lowest carb one I've ever seen that doesn't taste like poo. There's a regular & a mushroom version, I use the mushroom... and you can buy it in small jars... you'll use maybe 3/4 cup).

3 cups grated cheese (I buy either the garlic-flavored mozzarella, or there's an Italian blend that has Asiago, Mozzarella, etc.)

Heat your oven to 375. Beat the cream cheese & eggs together. Add the cream, dry parmesan, garlic and seasoning. Spray a 9x13 with non-stick spray. Put 2 cups of your cheese in the bottom of the pan - spread it around evenly. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese, kind of poke at it until all the cheese is covered with egg. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove it and spread your pizza sauce on the top. Add whatever toppings you want. Here's what I usually add:

Turkey pepperoni

Hormel bacon bits (on 3/4 of it, for DH)

Browned turkey sausage

Browned hamburger (on DH's 3/4)

Chopped onion

Top with remaining cheese, bake until cheese is bubbly/browned, and let it cool for about 5 minutes before you cut it.

Hey thanks for the recipe TravelGirl. I actually used to work for pizza Hut too. Mine didn't offer that pizza, although we did have the pans for it. Guess it is a local choice. I'll definitely have to ask my current Pizza Hut about it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sounds like I need to head to the grocery store. Thanks for all the brilliant ideas, I don't know how I'm going to find the time to try them all. I went out today and bought a toaster oven of my very own, so that's a step in the right direction.