Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've Hit The Dreaded 3-Week Stall...ugh!

Alisa - I agree with ArtsI don't think you're getting enough in for 3 weeks out.

At 3 weeks, my doc wants 80 grams of Protein and 64 ounces of Water. At 3 weeks I was getting between 500-700 calories. I think you're probably getting less than that.

Were you given any guidelines by your doctor? Are you tracking your intake (calories and Protein are important to track). You can use myfitnesspal or one of the many other ones?

Nothing much prepares us. The best advice anyone ever gave me was put away the scale for 2 weeks and get on with living life. We don't want our weight to define us....yet we often let our losses (or lack thereof) dictate our happiness. Let's not do that anymore.

Butter, so true!!!!

My husband has been hiding the scale from me - I only get to weigh once per week (this was after an incident when I "only" lost .5 pounds right after surgery...yeah, another story for another day).

I might take your advice on putting it away for a couple of weeks.

As always, thanks for your insight.

Hun don't weigh yourself for a month..These stalls are so depressing..You need to let your body get on with business and let it give you the rest you need....Thank goodness you have a good hubby!

Alisa - I agree with ArtsI don't think you're getting enough in for 3 weeks out. At 3 weeks, my doc wants 80 grams of Protein and 64 ounces of Water. At 3 weeks I was getting between 500-700 calories. I think you're probably getting less than that. Were you given any guidelines by your doctor? Are you tracking your intake (calories and protein are important to track). You can use myfitnesspal or one of the many other ones?

I just downloaded the app. I was not tracking. I'm still not able to get all the protein and water in yet. I have a few bites and I'm full. I start to hiccup. Today I did eat a lot if protein but not enough. I'm trying!!

Does the stall last for 3 weeks or it usually starts around the 3rd week after surgery. My stall started at 2 weeks and today I have stalled for 1 week :((

Alisa....the stall usually starts around the 3rd week...give or take. The time it lasts is totally arbitrary. It may last a week or 6 weeks. The important thing to remember is it takes time. Calorie math does not work like we think it works. Give your body a chance to kick in it's fat burning engines. If you're like the rest of us, they haven't been used in a while. They will fire up soon and the weight will come off. In the mean time, put less emphasis on the scale and more emphasis on how your body feels.

Good job on logging your food. Really focus on getting in your Water. That should be priority number one.

I just downloaded the app. I was not tracking. I'm still not able to get all the Protein and Water in yet. I have a few bites and I'm full. I start to hiccup. Today I did eat a lot if Protein but not enough. I'm trying!!
Does the stall last for 3 weeks or it usually starts around the 3rd week after surgery. My stall started at 2 weeks and today I have stalled for 1 week :((

Just count your blessings everyone and don't let the scale take over your life LOL. I think I have lost 5 or so lbs since surgery 3 weeks ago and I am still feeling lighter and happier and not hungry and fantastic!!! 67 years old and knowing I am looking good again!!!!! My pants are loose so it is going somewhere!

Just count your blessings everyone and don't let the scale take over your life LOL. I think I have lost 5 or so lbs since surgery 3 weeks ago and I am still feeling lighter and happier and not hungry and fantastic!!! 67 years old and knowing I am looking good again!!!!! My pants are loose so it is going somewhere!

I love your attitude!!!!

I told my husband tonight I'm not sure I'm getting smaller...he said, "Oh yeah, you are!"

The scale can be evil, mean and nasty!

Be happy! I have worried too much in my life from heartaches and losing loved ones. This sleeving is going to be the best thing to happen to me and my husband in a long time. So excited!!!!

Be happy! I have worried too much in my life from heartaches and losing loved ones. This sleeving is going to be the best thing to happen to me and my husband in a long time. So excited!!!!

You are so awesome!!!!!!

I'm doing much better since my original post. I haven't stressed so much about "The Stall". It really bothered me for a day or so. I've taken a different attitude - it is what it is.

It also helps that I can feel a difference in my clothes. I put on a top today that was tight around my tummy last week - today, it's not tight. Also, I've exercised every day - that's a good stress reliever for me.

Thanks for your input and perspective! It's much appreciated.

I feel like the only person who is weighing monthly, is that super weird of me? My first weigh in is this Thursday, the 12th and I'm not looking forward to it at all!

I feel like the only person who is weighing monthly, is that super weird of me? My first weigh in is this Thursday, the 12th and I'm not looking forward to it at all!

I don't think it's super weird if it's working for you. I'm a data collector by nature (my profession, too) - thus the need for the data on my weight. LOL!

I think you'll be surprised! Let us know how is goes!!!!

I don't think it's super weird if it's working for you. I'm a data collector by nature (my profession, too) - thus the need for the data on my weight. LOL!

I think you'll be surprised! Let us know how is goes!!!!

mcbutterpants,

how are you doing? i havent weighed myself since we spoke im going to wait for my checkup on the 19th, but i have been feeling pretty good since ive kept the scale off my mind. i worked out for the first time last night. i did some kickboxing power workout, but just modified whatever i felt was too much twisting etc since i havent been cleared for excercise yet. and for once i worked out and im not sore today! i once worked out by doing squats and couldnt even sit on the toilet for 2 weeks lmao!

my surgery was the 12th too!

mcbutterpants,

how are you doing? i havent weighed myself since we spoke im going to wait for my checkup on the 19th, but i have been feeling pretty good since ive kept the scale off my mind. i worked out for the first time last night. i did some kickboxing power workout, but just modified whatever i felt was too much twisting etc since i havent been cleared for excercise yet. and for once i worked out and im not sore today! i once worked out by doing squats and couldnt even sit on the toilet for 2 weeks lmao!

Hey, Hope.

I'm doing well - I've been walking A LOT! That's all I'm cleared for right now. I feel good and I'm not getting as tired as I was.

Tomorrow is weigh in day - I may skip it until next week. We'll see.

I can really see a difference in my clothes this week. I'm wearing a top right now that was tight two weeks ago - today it's comfortable.

I'm working hard to get my 80-90 grams of Protein in - the sipping and drinking and eating is a full time job right now, but I'm starting to get my stride.

How's things by you?

ive been doing pretty good hitting the Protein goals and Fluid mark excpet yesterday i didnt get much Fluid in. i can finally fit into my size 18 jeans and thats down from a size 22 just a month ago so i am very excited for that. im going to work out again tonight.

p.s. my sleeve is making some pretty strange noises right now, it sounds like a mad dog