Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really Really Upset

Just don't understand why it's so hard for me, I workout every single day I don't eat junk and take in y Water and Protein. I'm so discourage. I've been stuck at the same weight for so freakin long I don't even remember. Is there anyone out there that's going through it too. Also can you tell me how much food can you eat in one sitting? Could I be eating too much. I trained everyday I do cross fit boot camp and HIIT I thought by now I would have lost more weight. I'm six month out and have lost 46 Lbs

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I wonder if you could be building lots of muscle & that's why the scale is moving slow? Have you lost inches & sizes? I've had 2-3 week periods where the scale only moves a half pound or so, but I lose inches. But no matter what, 46 lbs is GONE & that's gotta feel good!! Hang in there & try to focus on how much healthier & stronger you are. :)

Can you post a typical day so we can see what you are eating?

what is you starting weight? how tall are you and how much do you have to lose? The less you have to lose the slower it goes.

<p>what is you starting weight? how tall are you and how much do you have to lose? The less you have to lose the slower it goes.</p>

My starting weight was 216 current 168 I have another 30 hopefully

Can you post a typical day so we can see what you are eating?

Most day I have Protein Shake with almond milk for Breakfast, my Vitamins, kashi Cereal dry as snack or Peanut Butter, salad with chicken or other Protein, another snack and most time I have protein shake for dinner after my workout

I drink a lot of Water.

are you having to buy smaller clothes?

are you more mobile (sounds as if you are by your excellent workouts/progress)...if you are losing inches, you are losing true/exact weight no matter what the scale says or doesnt say....stay the course, it will catch up...

PS 3500 calories is a pound..ate or drank...so we if take in more cals then we burn off, we wont loss and may gain (no matter what WLS one has)..

sounds to me you are doing a GREAT JOB.

Edited by ☠carolinagirl☠

You've lost 62% of the excess weight you need to lose though. That sounds pretty good to me. What do you think?

Hey, I'm at 6 mos. also and I'm only down 52 lbs. I really don't care about the speed of loss, just that I'm losing. But, could it be that you're not getting in enough calories for what you're doing each day? I had to up things to get things moving again when I had a stall. I've got about 25-30 lbs to go and I'm trying to find a balance with calories in & calories out to maintain the loss w/no stalls. We've done well so don't beat yourself up. We're in this together. :-)

Edited by slikchik10

Actually what I found to be my problem. I had to either cut back on exercise or ready more my calories are 600 lower than what is considered a safe weight loss range and anyone will stall. Its oh so hard to juggle even now going on 4 months out some days I just want to cry in frustration. But then I fit into something smaller and press on.

Hey, I'm at 6 mos. also and I'm only down 52 lbs. I really don't care about the speed of loss, just that I'm losing. But, could it be that you're not getting in enough calories for what you're doing each day? I had to up things to get things moving again when I had a stall. I've got about 25-30 lbs to go and I'm trying to find a balance with calories in & calories out to maintain the loss w/no stalls. We've done well so don't beat yourself up. We're in this together. :-)

Thank you, I really just decided not to let the scale controlled me, I threw it away, eventually my weight will catch up with the inches. Thank you. I feel less stressed now

Actually what I found to be my problem. I had to either cut back on exercise or ready more my calories are 600 lower than what is considered a safe weight loss range and anyone will stall. Its oh so hard to juggle even now going on 4 months out some days I just want to cry in frustration. But then I fit into something smaller and press on.

Same here, when I feel down I start trying on smaller clothes and when they fit I'm over the moon. :)

Just don't understand why it's so hard for me, I workout every single day I don't eat junk and take in y Water and Protein. I'm so discourage. I've been stuck at the same weight for so freakin long I don't even remember. Is there anyone out there that's going through it too. Also can you tell me how much food can you eat in one sitting? Could I be eating too much. I trained everyday I do cross fit boot camp and HIIT I thought by now I would have lost more weight. I'm six month out and have lost 46 Lbs

I am 18 months out and at goal and can only eat about a cup of food at each sitting. I do eat something every 2-3 hours. I don't know if that helps - calories I wouldn't have a clue as I have never counted them.

One of the fittest women I know (CrossFit coach and personal trainer) shared with me right before my surgery that she weighs 160. We discussed it because she and I were talking about how much weight I wanted/needed to lose, and how I don't want to be 130 if 130 means skinny-fat.

She is maybe 5'6", so she's not a tall girl either.

It gave me great perspective. At 5'5" it would be easy for me to say that I *should* be 125 or 135, but those are pretty randomly chosen numbers. I might get down that far, I might not, but I intend to be strong and if that means I bottom out at 160 rather than 150, so be it.

Good luck! I'm pulling for you.