Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So excited to find other people that are using Foreman and Suggs. I finish up my 6 months on the 18th. I have bc/bs and wondering how long should I expected to wait on approval.

I used Suggs. I also have bc/bs it took less than 48hrs for approval!

How are you doin? I'd love to hear abt your progress

I am doing great. I'm currently 73lbs lighter!! The weight really does just fall off, but the first few days are hard bc you haven't learned how to drink and ect.

How did your surgery go? Were you in alot of pain after? How long did they keep you in the hospital? Im trying to get a feel for what to expect.

I was not your typical case. I don't want to scare anyone bc I was his first complication and he's not really sure what happened but I mysteriously lost a lot of blood....a lot. I had to have a blood transfusion and spent a week in the hospital. The pain is not bad at all. I just felt very weak and tired from all the stress my body went through. My advice is listen to your own body. They had no clue I had lost or was losing blood till I passed out. For some reason they did not preform post-labs, but I think he changed that. Other than that he is a wonderful and very tentative doctor. I would trust him to do it again. I just happened to be that fluke case. My only complaint wasn't with the dr but the nursing staff...I did not tell anyone that I was having surgery except husband and I made the nursing staff aware if this but ppl came to visit after hearing I was in the hospital and the nurses would just discuss my surgery in front of everyone! So much for HIPPA!

Did you have the sleeve? How are ate doing

Yes, I had the sleeve. I can eat anything I want, but I chose not too. chicken is very dry

for me but steak on the other hand is fine. Everyone is different. Now I don't eat bread, have I tried it yes. I don't like the way it makes me feel. I usually eat Beans, steak, salads, cheese, sliced deli meat, ect. If you have any questions please let me know! I remember searching for a friend that I could rely on during this journey. I found her and she has been a life saver. It's great to talk with someone who has been there.

I used Suggs. I also have bc/bs it took less than 48hrs for approval!

Mine probably would have to but my stuff was submitted right before thanksgiving so I got delayed a lil...

I am doing great. I'm currently 73lbs lighter!! The weight really does just fall off, but the first few days are hard bc you haven't learned how to drink and ect.

Wow congrats on your weight loss

I have bcbs of ca and it took me 7 days to get approved. I didnt have to do a 6 month thing though

I have bcbs of Alabama and mine took 10 minutes.

Got my time! Have to be at hospital at 0830. Gotta get my preop liquids and laxatives and I'm ready.

Got my time! Have to be at hospital at 0830. Gotta get my preop liquids and laxatives and I'm ready.

Me too. 830 on 12/16

Sweet! I'm very excited today but know I will be nervous wreck Monday!

Sweet! I'm very excited today but know I will be nervous wreck Monday!

Nervous wreck on Monday. I'm nervous now.

Nervous wreck on Monday. I'm nervous now.

Lol, well I feel like a surgery pro and I know kinda what to expect. A family member had surgery in June so I've been torturing her for advice! But I also know me. Right now I'm last minute shopping, packing bag for hospital but starting Sunday afternoon it'll hit me and I won't sleep and then on Monday I will be an absolute basket case. Btw, have you bought Vitamins yet? Found those pineapple strawberry ones on Amazon. A 90 day supply were like 35.00. It's Celebrate Vitamins like they gave us samples of.

Found on Amazon for 35

post-197540-0-68429000-1386944584_thumb.jpg

Lol, well I feel like a surgery pro and I know kinda what to expect. A family member had surgery in June so I've been torturing her for advice! But I also know me. Right now I'm last minute shopping, packing bag for hospital but starting Sunday afternoon it'll hit me and I won't sleep and then on Monday I will be an absolute basket case. Btw, have you bought Vitamins yet? Found those pineapple strawberry ones on Amazon. A 90 day supply were like 35.00. It's Celebrate Vitamins like they gave us samples of.

I bought a liquid Multivitamin and a liquid Calcium supplement from Vitamin world in the mall. I heard the liquid vitamins absorb better.

I still got to pack and fill my prescriptions. What all did they tell you to do and take on Sunday