Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February 2014 Sleevers?

cdf40good luck to everyone about to be sleeved‼️

Congrats to all those in the first couple of days of recoveryddc4fddc4fddc4fddc4fddc4f

SarahJane and Jencovi, thanks for some of the best laughs I've had in ages. Go Xanax! I actually had some expired leftovers from a long time ago. I planned to take one the night before surgery but was afraid I'd oversleep (even though the potency would be reduced). I really wanted it once I got to the hospital but my amazingly calm husband calmed my nerves.

Hubs got you through! That's awesome. My poor husband has never been with me when I have had surgery before (except the birth of our daughter which was a planned c-section). We were engaged when I had my band done but he was deployed and we were married and just had our daughter when it was removed but he was away with the navy. He's a wreck. He told me on Thursday morning he will want my Xanax. Haha. But I know he will be strong and silent in front of me, them freak out with my mom. Lol.

Ok. So I didn't rotisserie my dog. I feel so much better and know to stay away from any sugars. I do not feel like I'm ravenous anymore. Thank you ladies for not letting me go nuts

Apologies - I have a habbit of using emoji-cons. Please ignore the gibberish within my last post. It started with a 4-leaf clover and then I inserted clapping hands/applause. Use your imagination folks! :0)

Jencovi: my husband IS 1-in-a-million. NO ONE in our family stays alone in a hospital overnight. Luckily my room had a chair that pulled out into a "bed" for him. I needed him to help me disconnect and reconnecf the multitude of hoses etc. from the IV pole and these funky "leg compression cuffs" every hour so I could shuffle to and fro from the bathroom. The nurse was wonderful about takin' care of business too but she had other patients too. It was great having his help - and MUCH less scary. Whenever my breathing became too shallow the pulse-ox sensor triggered an alarm. It was hilarious 'cuz my hubby would wake up and yell, "BREATHE!!" LOL!!!

It's been just over a week since 2/3 and these details are already starting to fade in my memory. Thanks for prompting me to recall this part of the journey. I AM lucky to be married to one of the good guys.

I just got the call yesterday and am tentatively scheduled for Feb 26th at Mount Sinai surgical center in Tarzana Ca with Dr. Sal / Dr. Shabatian. I need to start my 2 week liquid diet today. My patient Coordinator wants me to try to lose 15-20lbs in this time...i Hope I can do it! My highest weight was 296 when I started the process I weighed 281 and right now I'm at 29O...can't sleep, it's so close and I'm starting to freak!

Did anyone have any issues with stalling in their preop?? So my doc does a 2 week preop but when I saw him January 16 he said start the diet the next day cause he was scheduling about 3 weeks out . I ended up not getting a date till 2/21.. So it's now a 5 week preop.. Well I lost 14lbs the first week and then only 1lb each if the next 2 weeks... Seriously wtf? How does someone over 300lbs eating 800 calories a day not lose more then a pound a week? I want to cry !!! My Water intake is good my Protein is over 80g a day and my carbs under 40 .. No clue what I'm doing wrong but now I'm worried I won't lose anything after surgery ??? An I'm ready to kill someone for some food but I won't lol

I did it! Just woke up (for the 20th time) and feeling my best yet. Everything went smooth; as it turned out I had two hernias that had to be repaired. That's causing me more pain than sleeve area. The biggest issue is definitely gas trapped in upper chest. It's finally going down, but gave me a fit last night. Have only had ice chips and small Water sips. Tried Popsicle, but made me nauseous. Nurses have been great. My mom went home to stay with my girls last night.

I did have a little freak out around midnight; felt hot and in pain. Nurse asked if I have anxiety issues; well - yes! I take Ativan which I hadn't had in days. Once she gave me some, the whole pain and comfort level improved. Hoping to get home soon. Stay in touch everyone!

Tomorrow at this time I will be in surgery. Omg.

My pre-op H&P appointment with my surgeon got rescheduled today. The nurse says that my surgery day will not have to change though! Still scheduled for 2/25! Starting my pre-op diet today! So excited! It's getting close!

Omg!!! I was in lab today and telling my prof I won't be there next week because next week at this time I will hopefully have a tiny tummy and be in recovery!

I can't wait to hear how it goes for you. Yay!!

Omg!!! I was in lab today and telling my prof I won't be there next week because next week at this time I will hopefully have a tiny tummy and be in recovery!

I can't wait to hear how it goes for you. Yay!!

I couldn't imagine doing this while in school! You go girl.

I couldn't imagine doing this while in school! You go girl.

I'm doing it a few days before spring break. But if I don't do it now I have to wait until august. I don't wanna wait that long. And I asked the doc about what he thought with the amount of time I'll have off and stuff. Hopefully it won't bite me in the ass. Haha

Did anyone have any issues with stalling in their preop?? So my doc does a 2 week preop but when I saw him January 16 he said start the diet the next day cause he was scheduling about 3 weeks out . I ended up not getting a date till 2/21.. So it's now a 5 week preop.. Well I lost 14lbs the first week and then only 1lb each if the next 2 weeks... Seriously wtf? How does someone over 300lbs eating 800 calories a day not lose more then a pound a week? I want to cry !!! My Water intake is good my Protein is over 80g a day and my carbs under 40 .. No clue what I'm doing wrong but now I'm worried I won't lose anything after surgery ??? An I'm ready to kill someone for some food but I won't lol

I lost weight the first two days. And then nothin til today, day 10. I finally lost a pound.

And we'll be sending you lots of good vibes and waiting for you to tell is all about it!!!!

I am 9 days into the 14 day liquid diet and have lost 8.9 lbs. That much less I'll need to loose post op.

I am 9 days into the 14 day liquid diet and have lost 8.9 lbs. That much less I'll need to loose post op.

Dang. I was thinking we were10 days in. But we are 9. Ugh.

You are doing better than me. I had gained 5 on food funerals so I've lost that plus a pound.