Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Forum Is (Not) So Sad!

the only thing I can tell off hand is it is a 64-bit system

Windows 7

I tested on that same exact setup...no issues thus far. Were you posting or browsing ? At what point did it crash please ?

Alex, OK here's another issue but you're probably aware of it. When we quote someone the original quote gets erased or eliminated.

No, I wasn't aware! I'm not sure I follow...I'm quoting you now. If you quote me quoting you that disappears ?

We're going to turn things around....

Just need a little time, patience and support from our members.

We've made many many many changes since we launched BariatricPal and we don't plan on stopping until everyone feels comfortable again.

Please keep the feedback coming! Throwing out statements like "I hate the new site" aren't very helpful. We want to hear what exactly you don't like about the new site. The more details you can provide, the better! We can and will make changes based on member feedback.

Also, it would be VERY helpful if we had some Veteran members responding to posts that are being left unanswered. It's a snowball effect....

as a suggestion I see, a lot of the "problems" may stem from the apps more than the actual site on a PC? I don't use the app on my android much anymore.....just haven't taken the time to navigate the changes. However, I can see new content, and I only see BAND patients, and have mine set to "new content"....

Also, I can't figure out how to set a pic as my "before" profile pic??? Somehow, the after pic is on there, but I didn't go in a put it there.

Just a couple suggestions....David

I'm running IE10 Version, and all it does is cycle for me and freezes up whatever else I have open. I'm able to use it on a lower IE version on a different computer and it's OK.

Thanks! It would help if we had a little more to go on. Any particular page (or pages)?

When I log on and click on "new content" I don't see all the other surgery content. Here's how my settings are on the right side of the page.

Set to filter content type: "forums"

By time period: "past 2 weeks"

Other: "filter by forum"

Alex, I have no ability to liking your post. Is that by design? :lol:

I am going to try and ramp up my participation here. Support and encouragement I received was and is so valuable to me. I am not even sure I would have learned about the band at all if it were not for LapbandTalk. This site is just as much responsible for my success as the band. With that said I do want to give back in anyway I can.

This was an easy fix :D

as a suggestion I see, a lot of the "problems" may stem from the apps more than the actual site on a PC? I don't use the app on my android much anymore.....just haven't taken the time to navigate the changes. However, I can see new content, and I only see BAND patients, and have mine set to "new content"....

Also, I can't figure out how to set a pic as my "before" profile pic??? Somehow, the after pic is on there, but I didn't go in a put it there.

Just a couple suggestions....David

You are correct. Members who are using our web site and have selected a surgery type in their profile, will only be shown New Content based on that procedure. You can manually override this setting by editing "filter by forum" settings in New Content.

A huge amount of our membership has never ever even seen our web site! They're only using our apps. The members using the apps are seeing content from all surgeries. That can be pretty annoying when you're only interested in a specific procedure. We get it and we're working on adding a quick fix shortly. We're also planning on releasing entirely new versions of our iOS and Android apps which will address these issues long term.

The before and after pic system is a total mess at the moment. You can only upload new pics and you can't use pics you've already uploaded or have in a current album on here. We should have this fixed over the next few days.

No, I wasn't aware! I'm not sure I follow...I'm quoting you now. If you quote me quoting you that disappears ?

I didn't explain well. If I go back and try to edit a post with a quote in it, the quote may disappear or move in the comment board.

My pet peeve is the exercise forum is not part of the "general" WLS forum and not the LB forum, view new content only show me LB posts which I like, but doesn't show me new exercise posts.

I see the value in having a common exercise forum, but I have been posting my exercise threads under differing topics in the LB forum since I am mainly interested in sharing with the friends that I have made in LBT.

So to try and put it more clearly, if "new content" showed me LB forums, as well as general, but not forums specific to other surgeries that would be my druthers. Also while you are at it Alex, can you please settle the conflict in the Middle East? I was going to ask for "World Peace", but felt that was just silly.

OK, here's a bonus. I clicked on the "Patients" tab at the top of this page and then searched for patients of my surgeon and found 66 others who used my surgeon. Most are very old forum members but it's interesting to track(stalk ;)) other forum members who I have something in common with.

tmf

Tmf, I am going to try this too!

reading/seeing all my LBT friends on this thread, actually made me feel good.....thanks guys

i missed all yall

My pet peeve is the exercise forum is not part of the "general" WLS forum and not the LB forum, view new content only show me LB posts which I like, but doesn't show me new exercise posts.

I see the value in having a common exercise forum, but I have been posting my exercise threads under differing topics in the LB forum since I am mainly interested in sharing with the friends that I have made in LBT.

So to try and put it more clearly, if "new content" showed me LB forums, as well as general, but not forums specific to other surgeries that would be my druthers. Also while you are at it Alex, can you please settle the conflict in the Middle East? I was going to ask for "World Peace", but felt that was just silly.

Oh Terry....that is just hysterical! Thanks for the laugh.

Alex,

On the old LBT site, there was a section on the right of the screen "recent posts". Now that box only shows about 4 recent posts, and there isn't a "view all" button. When I go to New Content, many things toward the top are posts from two months ago. This, coupled with the other complaints you're reading, is too much to sift through. I completely understand the merging from a business standpoint, but I really hope us bandsters can band together again, soon ;)

I didn't realize just how much I appreciated the e-friendships I've made here, until the whole format changed. Even when I don't login for a couple of days, I find myself thinking about everyone. I miss the old home….. But like tmf, I'm hanging! Albeit, by a thread…..but still hanging :P

The good news is my spell checker seems to be working now.

f-confused-cat-is-confused-10099-th.jpg we got spell checker now?