Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Forum Is (Not) So Sad!

I feel ya! Your sentiments are mirroring my own :(

Ditto!!!!!

Come on folks, every time iTunes or Microsoft or Apple updates their system, I feel it's a pain, every time the grocery store changes the isles around, it's a pain. Change is inevitable, the sooner we accept it, the quicker we will find our way around the evolving format. Thank goodness we have this venue to turn to! Love spending time with ya all!

I'm not sure what makes this new forum so uncomfortable but I just don't feel the love anymore. There's something detached about this site and I suspect others feel the same way. I seldom see any of the veteran posters posting any longer.

I see fewer topics started and even then the topics have few replies which devalues the site altogether.

What happened to the "Trending Topics" on the right side of the screen. And the blogs? Now I see very old topics with no reply. Why reply to a topic or a question posted 4 months ago?

And it does seem like many of the forum members who relied on an IPhone app or a Samsung app have now wandered away or just can't navigate this site any longer.

Sorry, I'm just venting. I see other WLS forum members crossing over and most are polite but seems like occasionally a new sleever or RNY'r pops in and posts some nonsense about the band. I'm sure it's the same on their forums where a Bandster posts some ill informed advice or information regarding surgery they know little about. This format seems to encourage this where the old format seemed to have a wall that most people respected.

I'm done. Just sad to see an old friend(LBT) retire and be taken over by a new social media brat.

tmf

I just saw your rant. Very true. I use to go to the site on my iPhone at night (when hub is sleeping) and now have to re-log and have been lazy about doing it.

I am still here. I read a lot but don't respond as much as I use to. I have been busy lately with family.

I'm going to keep trying to like the new site. I was pretty regular on checking it, but the downtime got me out of the routine. I'm glad you got the DNS aliases from the old sites switched. landbandtalk sort of sung, the new name you need a spell checker just to find it. It doesn't roll off the tongue (or fingers) in the same way.

But lots of good things about the new site software though.

I'm not sure what makes this new forum so uncomfortable but I just don't feel the love anymore. There's something detached about this site and I suspect others feel the same way. I seldom see any of the veteran posters posting any longer.

I see fewer topics started and even then the topics have few replies which devalues the site altogether.

What happened to the "Trending Topics" on the right side of the screen. And the blogs? Now I see very old topics with no reply. Why reply to a topic or a question posted 4 months ago?

And it does seem like many of the forum members who relied on an IPhone app or a Samsung app have now wandered away or just can't navigate this site any longer.

Sorry, I'm just venting. I see other WLS forum members crossing over and most are polite but seems like occasionally a new sleever or RNY'r pops in and posts some nonsense about the band. I'm sure it's the same on their forums where a Bandster posts some ill informed advice or information regarding surgery they know little about. This format seems to encourage this where the old format seemed to have a wall that most people respected.

I'm done. Just sad to see an old friend(LBT) retire and be taken over by a new social media brat.

tmf

I just saw your rant. Very true. I use to go to the site on my iPhone at night (when hub is sleeping) and now have to re-log and have been lazy about doing it.

I am still here. I read a lot but don't respond as much as I use to. I have been busy lately with family.

Just curious what you mean by "re-log and have been lazy about doing it." What are you re-logging exactly ?

Not sure about the relogging in using the iPhone. I was frustrated at first as I couldn't log in using FB. After Alex reset my username and password, I logged in once on my phone and it keeps me logged in and I use my iPhone.

Hi Alex,

On my iPhone I had the site under Lap Band Talk and had to reload under BariatricPal and it asks for pass words and I was too lazy to look them up. So that is why I haven't used the phone for the site. I am so electronic challenged, that my name on this site is my grandson's name and I never wanted that. I really stink at this.

Thank you Alex for a wonderful site and I love all the people I have met and have become friends with them.

Arlene

Well these are my feelings. I only come here now and then because it is mostly redundant questions when they can be found in the forum a million times. Now don't get me wrong everyone needs help and I am all for helping them but most of the time it ends in people arguing that you don't even know and a bunch of bs that you have to put up with from other people because they don't like what you said. Words are misconceived many times here and its not right. People say your mean when they don't even know you. I can say three words a million times and all three words will be taken different ways by a million people. That is why I don't come here much and me and a lot of the other veterans that felt the same way meet up on Facebook and it saves us from having to put up with the riff raff that goes on here most of the time. I come here when I feel like it and if I don't like what people post I leave. I actually think this new website design is very nice with the exception of not being able to see the blogs on the right hand side. I also think if you block someone from seeing their post you should not have to see anything from them at all. It says you chose to block this person but view it anyway. Now you know the very person that blocked you is going to read what you wrote so they can comment if they don't like what you said because it has happened to me more then once by certain people then I get attacked like I am a criminal. These are the reason I/we veterans don't come here anymore. Its not that we don't want to help newly banded people but we feel like its not a friendly place to call home anymore. Just my thoughts and opinions.

Cheryl, I love your posts and miss them. I feel that you know a lot about the band and being in the health field makes it great.

I hope you're feeling better and enjoying your pool.

Happy holidays!

Arlene

Thanks Arlene and happy holidays to you as well. The pool is closed for the winter now because its cold here in Jacksonville :(

Hi Alex,

On my iPhone I had the site under Lap Band Talk and had to reload under BariatricPal and it asks for pass words and I was too lazy to look them up. So that is why I haven't used the phone for the site. I am so electronic challenged, that my name on this site is my grandson's name and I never wanted that. I really stink at this.

Thank you Alex for a wonderful site and I love all the people I have met and have become friends with them.

Arlene

Arlene, just sent you an email.

Well these are my feelings. I only come here now and then because it is mostly redundant questions when they can be found in the forum a million times. Now don't get me wrong everyone needs help and I am all for helping them but most of the time it ends in people arguing that you don't even know and a bunch of bs that you have to put up with from other people because they don't like what you said. Words are misconceived many times here and its not right. People say your mean when they don't even know you. I can say three words a million times and all three words will be taken different ways by a million people. That is why I don't come here much and me and a lot of the other veterans that felt the same way meet up on Facebook and it saves us from having to put up with the riff raff that goes on here most of the time. I come here when I feel like it and if I don't like what people post I leave. I actually think this new website design is very nice with the exception of not being able to see the blogs on the right hand side. I also think if you block someone from seeing their post you should not have to see anything from them at all. It says you chose to block this person but view it anyway. Now you know the very person that blocked you is going to read what you wrote so they can comment if they don't like what you said because it has happened to me more then once by certain people then I get attacked like I am a criminal. These are the reason I/we veterans don't come here anymore. Its not that we don't want to help newly banded people but we feel like its not a friendly place to call home anymore. Just my thoughts and opinions.

The Blog sidebar should be back in a few days. We also plan on vastly improving blocking and privacy features.

The new forum is (not) so sad B)

Thanks for the change and I agree.

tmf

I don't mind the new site now that it is fully up and running and I am used to it. It looks good and is easy to navigate and so on... It works for me. :)

I could wish for some improvements on the app, hopefully they will come in the future. :D