Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I switched from Decaf coffee to herbal tea last week and I'm not missing it as much as I expected.

Fast day. So far so good. I am going to LA on Saturday, and then 3 days of fieldtrip for bird wtching... I will really have to watch it there... perhaps pack some safe Snacks. Monday/fast day I will be on the road....

I encourage you to examine your coffee. This is where I was taking in a number of surprising uncounted calories. I've heard "don't drink your calories," and I didn't think I was because I wasn't drinking soda, sweet tea, sports drinks, etc. When I began working on the 5:2, my husband pointed out that only black coffee is encouraged. I genuinely felt defensive of my coffee because SURELY it wasn't that bad to have a bit of half-and-half, however, when I actually measured out my half-and-half (or sugar-free non-dairy creamer), then calculated it in my morning cup of coffee (plus my mid-morning warmup or two, plus an afternoon cup), I was easily at 120-150 Creamer calories over the day. That's an awful big chunk of the 500 calories allowed on a fast day, and personally, I'd rather have food.< /p>

I switched from creamer to adding part of a Premier Protein shake- the entire carton is 160 cals and I use about a third to half in a day to sweeten my beverages and get Protein to boot.

@@vsg &@erp. I'm sure I'm sabotaging myself with my coffee because I love my hazelnut creamer!! When I start this I think on my fast days ill try to just put Splenda. Although adding part if the Protein Drink sounds like a good idea too. Thanks for the info!

I use ready mixed ESA carb control from Target, both the vanilla and the chocolate are good in coffee (not tooo hot) or iced coffee.

Me too. Only. Only 2 net carbs 110-110 calories and its delist! I like the dark chocolate. And FYE taught me to mix a cup of coffee with and ice it down like an iced coffee and make it last. Lovely.

Good news, I am down a few more pounds! Funny how the loss finally happened when I least expected it.

I think I finally have to admit that I have modified 5:2 so far you can no longer even call it that...lol

When I first did 5:2 about 1.5 years ago it worked like gangbusters for me, but even then I was a bit suspicious that it contributed to some mood issues. This round, I found I really cannot do fast days without feeling a little bad. I know this doesn't happen to everyone, but I suspect that i am more sensitive to blood sugar levels or SOMETHING. Anyway, I still use some of the techniques such as making sure that I don't eat in the evenings and delay the morning meal so I get a longer period of overnight "fast" that appears to be good for our health. I also do lower cal/carb days, normal days and then tend to allow myself a much higher day (date night sorta thing). Even so, can't really consider that 5:2 ...

I will keep checking in, but I guess I need to cry uncle on this, at least for now.

I am under my goal weight, but want to lose a few more to have a cushion again!

Well today is my first fast day! I'm excited and nervous because I know it will be hard. I plan to eat a 100 cal Greek yogurt at about 1:00 and a light string cheese if I need it before my evening meal. I plan on salmon and veggies for it. And of course I will be chugging the water! How does this sound? Wish me luck!

Sounds like a plan! Remember, if you get really hungry before one drink something hot like a tea or cup of coffee with a low cal sweetener. I've found something hot curbs hunger for me. Good luck and I'm fasting with you today!!

Well today is my first fast day! I'm excited and nervous because I know it will be hard. I plan to eat a 100 cal Greek yogurt at about 1:00 and a light string cheese if I need it before my evening meal. I plan on salmon and veggies for it. And of course I will be chugging the water! How does this sound? Wish me luck!

Okay, here's my fast day dinner. (Small plate). chicken stir fry . Mostly veggies. 1 cup cooked Birdseyepost-108291-14236100701701_thumb.jpg oriental frozen is 50. I have about 1-2 ounces of chicken. (1.5 oz is 50 Tyson Grilled and Ready oven roasted chicken) so that's about 100-110 calories

Looks good!

Okay, here's my fast day dinner. (Small plate). chicken stir fry . Mostly veggies. 1 cup cooked Birdseyeattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1423610068.671441.jpg oriental frozen is 50. I have about 1-2 ounces of chicken. (1.5 oz is 50 Tyson Grilled and Ready oven roasted chicken) so that's about 100-110 calories

Well my first fast day was a success! It wasn't easy but I did it! The hardest part of the day was lunch with my students. I was hungry and those creepy mini corn dogs looked good...but I waited and had my yogurt at 12:30. I spent most of the day in the bathroom because I drank the hell out of my Water to keep my tummy from growling! Lol! Now to not go crazy today...keepin it normal and healthy!