Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My bandster hell blog post...http://www.debbieposton.com/bandster-hell/

I'm going in for my 2nd fill today, I hope this really helps with the satiety between meals...

It should. But keep sticking with a restricted calorie count because it's still a diet.... The band is just a tool to help you along the way!! best wishes for a successful fill!

Bandster Hell was the toughest time for me throughout this whole journey...I had no choice but to count calories, etc, as if I was on any other diet...I was so frustrated feeling as if this was a big waste of time....I did not need all this surgery stuff , pre and post op protocols, testing, and not to mention $$....and jump through all those hoops just to repeat another diet I have attempted and failed at dozens of times over the past 25-30 years....I expected more....

It took me three good fills over a span of 4 months before the band finally took over....THEN it took me a good 2 months to adjust to the band...(I'm still learning some things)

But once I got through Bandster Hell...it has been the absolute best decision I could have ever made for myself...coming up on 3 years, lost all possible excess weight...and NO MORE DIETS!! IU have been set free from all that!! Finally!!

I now live the life my skinny friends do...and they don't worry about calories..they know how to eat healthy, and eat less, and eat less often....top that with a high activity level....

But everyone is different, the band is adjustable and everyone can choose the how much they want between the band and themselves from doing the work....myself, I stink at diets so I rely on the band to set portion sizes, and to take away my hunger and desire for food 24 hrs a day...not just between meals......

I'm right there with you, trying to learn how to listen to my body -- am I hungry or do I just think I should eat, or is it just that I could eat, etc......we will get this! Thanks for the great blog. Hope your second fill went well and you are getting into the swing of things. I am right behind you (banded 11/5). Have a great day!

I'm in bandster hell too!! Just had my 2nd fill last Friday, finally feeling restriction, but it seems to be wearing off now! I haven't lost any weight yet and I got surgery 3.5 months ago. It's the restricted diet that's hard for me and I just can't find the motivation to work out often either. We just gotta keep truckin though because it will pay off in the end!!

I'm in bandster hell too!! Just had my 2nd fill last Friday, finally feeling restriction, but it seems to be wearing off now! I haven't lost any weight yet and I got surgery 3.5 months ago. It's the restricted diet that's hard for me and I just can't find the motivation to work out often either. We just gotta keep truckin though because it will pay off in the end!!

Same here. I was banded August 1st and still searching for the Green.

Im 8cc's in a 10cc band. First week was tight. I didnt notice until i began to add up the left over meals i wasnt able to finish

Now im back to eating again.

My next fill appt is Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving. And i cant wait because im sure gonna need the will power

My surgeon put 4ml (UK) in my band during surgery and i am going for my first fill tomorrow afternoon, i feel i am eating more at the minute but not as much as pre op, i get shoulder pain when i am full. Will i continue 1ml at every fill or can you have 2ml?

The most ive ever gotten was 1.5cc's in one appt. It depends on how aggressive your filler decides to go.

From this site ive read of people getting 2-3cc's at a time.

So it ultimately depends on your surgeon's policies.

The shoulder pain can be attributed to the air/gas used during surgery & not the fills.

The gas/shoulder pains will subside around the 6-8th week maybe sooner.

My surgeon put 4ml (UK) in my band during surgery and i am going for my first fill tomorrow afternoon, i feel i am eating more at the minute but not as much as pre op, i get shoulder pain when i am full. Will i continue 1ml at every fill or can you have 2ml?

I think the amount depends on you personally and how much it takes to cause the food to "trickle" thru the band at the right speed. Good luck with your fill.

Thankyou, i had 1ml put in an ive got restriction now i only have the small band in, booked in for another 1ml Dec 16. The fill wasnt as scary as i imagined.

wow, that's great! Beware though, that restriction only seems to last a few days if you're not adjusted to the "Green Zone" yet. At least that's how it's been for me. Most of the work still seems to be on me at this point...

@NewMeDebbie

Same here.

Restriction from the fills right now only last about 4-5 days. I can lose 3-5lbs in one week.

The second week the restriction is gone and I could eat an entire cow, and i regain those same pounds.

Cant wait to find the green zone I just want off this roller coaster....