Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gain At 25 Weeks Pg

Hello!

I am new to the board and had a few questions. I am currently 24.5 weeks pg with my 3rd child. I was banded back in 2011 and lost all and some of my weight. I had very high blood pressure issues but not extremely over weight and so was considered a candidate for the surgery. I started out this pg at 115 lbs and am now sitting at 132.5 lbs. I had a slight defill done in my first trimester (1cc was filled to 7.5cc's so I'm still at 6.5cc's about)....

So my question is how much totaly weight did everyone gain during there pg's? I find I am still restricted to a certain amount and have a hard time eating certain Proteins, rice and dry things.....I am not really wanting to get a defill as I find I am gaining a sifficiant amount of weight.........How did all you ladies make out in that department? I am noticing I am eating alot of ice cream and chocolate at night.....lol......My cravings....lol

No responses:( 29 views??

Are you asking people who were pregnant with a band? Or just general pregnancies?

I started both my pregnancies at 187. I got up to 212 or so with the first, and 218 with the second (who was 2 pounds bigger!) So, what, 25-30 pounds?

What is your OB's guideline for you? 115-132 doesn't seem crazy.

No who are banded. I am just curious what a normal weight gain should be with someone who has undergone the procedure. My OB would like for me to eventually get another slight defill but I think I have gained properly as of now....That's why I was asking :) Sorry I know I'm new to the board so I don't want to sound pushy just noticed a few people read my post so was curious if maybe people were hesitant to reply due to me being new here :)

No problem! I know that's why I hesitated to answer when you first posted. I'm one of the 29 views. :-)

I'm on a pregnancy forum but never mentioned I was banded so feel so much more comfortable coming here for support :wub: Knowing other women have experienced pregnancy while being banded. Its all new to me....lol......Thanks for replying :D

Normal weight gain for a bandster would be what any other normal person's weight gain would be. I gained about 50 lbs but I had half my Fluid removed at 10 weeks and had no restriction. I think you are doing just fine!

Thanks everyone for replying!!!! I know I'm new so I appreciate it:) I just want to make sure I stay on track and not go overboard. Some days I feel restriction where others I feel none? I am still filled to at least 6cc's so......

I think that feeling (going from feeling restriction to not feeling it) is pretty normal just about all the time! Just keep an eye that it doesn't get too tight as you get more swollen!

Did you notice once you got past a certain amount of weeks pg you started feeling more restricted? I know if I try to drink cold Water or say rice or a dry bread I'll have to throw up.....When did you all start back getting fills again after baby was born? After you developed your milk supply or after you were done breastfeeding?

Im 6.5 months postpartum and my baby stopped breastfeeding about a month ago (refused the boob). I decided to wait to get a fill until I stopped breastfeeding because my supply was already low.

With my first band baby I gained almost 50lbs (and lost all but 12lbs of it), with my second band baby I gained 27lbs and I only have 4lbs to go until Im back to my pre pregnancy weight (he was born 5wks ago) I didn't start gaining weight with my 2nd band baby until around 25 weeks as well.

Wow I started gaining the minute I got my BFP.....lol.......Like I said I started out at 115 and I'm now close to 133lbs. I am just over 25 weeks. With both my daughter and son I gained 30lbs without my band BUT I started out 150 with daughter and 145 with son and went up to 175ish......I have a HUGE love affair with chocolate and ice cream right now....lol......I eat fairly well during the day and pretty much graze throughout.....But once the kids are in bed and I'm in bed watching my T.V shows I reach for the sweets....lol

I breastfed my daughter for 10 months and son for 6 months but had to supplement as well because I have had a breast reduction so my supply was always lower. I used Domperidone to increase my supply so now I'm wondering how I will do being banded?

What after baby is born? Do you feel more or less restriction once the baby is born? Sorry tons of questions....lol...

I'm almost 26 weeks at this point and I have gained about 20lbs. My original Obgyn told me not to gain more than 20, but my new obgyn said anywhere from 25-35lbs is ok. I did have about 1.5ccs removed in my first trimester, leaving me with about 6.3ccs still in. luckily to this point, I haven't craved anything. I did however have a huge negative reaction to salad in my first trimester, which was a main staple in my diet at the time. I can eat it again now though.

Well I'm 28 weeks now and am up to 135.5 lbs so getting close to 20lbs I've gained. I find I reach for Soups and yogurts and things that go down easily. I can eat an english muffin in the am with a HOT coffee and its fine. Anything really hot helps me get my foods down easily. If I try to take a few sips of Water that is cold I will throw that up. My OB thinks by 39 weeks when they plan to induce me I should be around the 145-150 mark so 35lb weight gain in total. I have a HUGE love affair with sweets that's def not helping me along with the weight gain....lol....Get's even worse when I'm breastfeeding......

Fritzy1980.......Do find you have restriction at all? Are there any foods you can't get down?