Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

N E 1 been Banded at Mt. Carmel col, oh

I am being banded tomorrow and was wondering how long after surgery do they keep you? I thought it was definelty 23 hours, but reading posts from others (not at Mt C West) they were home by evening.

Hi CJ! Congrats on getting your lapband. I had mine done about 3-4pm on an afternoon and I was being released from the hospital by about 12noon-1pm the next day. Definitely within 24 hours I'd say is the max you'll be in the hospital. Stay in touch how you are going. Send me a Private Message here if you'd like to ask other questions off line.

Hi to all my Buckeye bandster buddies -- I haven't been online in awhile - still going through some stressful crap in my personal family life and the new job I have is involving quite a bit of overtime but I like what I'm doing and the people I work with. I have been overindulging in sweets over the holidays and junk food so I'm coming clean with the need to turn a new leaf for the new year. Hope to hear how the rest of you are doing out there. Its tough keeping going every day. I now realize how thrilling that fast weight loss was for motivation versus slow and steady wins the race. I am joining a WW class at work on January 13 and I'm committed to 10 weeks and hoping to nail a good 10 lbs in that time!

Its been awhile since I posted on this Mt. Carmel bandsters link but I'm still out here working the band! Had a great visit this past weekend with other bandsters at our monthly Polaris mall gathering. I still appreciate them for helping motivate me.

Hi there to the Mt. Carmel bandsters and others in Columbus, OH who are still working the program no matter how slow. For me I'm maintaining my 135-140 lb weight loss within +/- 5 lbs but would still like to kick it in gear and finish off my last 50 lbs and then reward myself with the Tummy Tuck I need to get rid of the excess stomach skin. I've been tempted to get my arms done later this year as I am very frustrated especially in the summer now with having to hide my arms and not wear anything sleeveless out in public. Rules out sundresses too unless I put a shrug sweater on top.

BUT --- I would do it all again to anyone who is still checking in here on this website. I don't come here as often as I did when I was first banded because I'm busy living and enjoying things in life I never could have before losing 140 lbs.

Planning to join a couple other bandster friends again at Polaris Mall in north Columbus, Saturday June 11 from 2-4 pm in the food Court area. We sit in the corner by Chik-Fil-A and the Great Indoors - there are small children rides in that area. We usually are at a table by the corner/wall.

The progress can certainly be slow. I was banded on 10/27/2010. I lost 10 pds right before surgery, and have lost 20 since...but none in a month. I was overfilled and lost about 8 pds during that time...but, I started to become weak and lose energy. Dr C has taken some fill out and now I feel just a slight restriction and have not lost or gained any. However, pysically, I feel the best I have in some time. I just came back from Az where I hiked 6 miles one day. Wow! A year ago a half a mile was an accomplishment. So it is not ALL about the wieght ...more loss would be good...but being active is key... I would like to lose 20 more to hit the 200 pd mark, but at this point, I think that will take another year of being vigilant.

Special K, I wish I could join you all this weekend but have plans. Keep in touch pls..for some of us, online support is the best we can get.

Hello to Mt. Carmel Bandsters -- I hit my 4th Bandiversary today - March 17, 2008 to 2012!

Keeping about 120 of the 135 total I had lost off and fighting with 15 lbs but I'm not giving up. I am figuring out what a Lifetime commitment means.

I had a 2 cc unfil in December and it allowed me to eat almost anything my heart and attitude desired through the holidays and up to mid-February. Than I got a 1 cc fill and got some restriction back.

Going back for another follow up appointment with Dr. Miller and will see what he says because I haven't lost weight since the new fill but I want to take it slow and not get too tight.

Anyway, here is a picture on my bandiversary today with the Care Bear I took to the hospital for luck!

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/gallery/image/43758-kathy-4th-bandiversary-with-good-luck-bear-2012-0317/