Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im at the jiggly belly stage. You?

Gamegirl a good friend of mine had WLS and had the giggles all over. It was particularly bad in her throat/neck area. We thought for sure she would need a facelift. Well a year after hitting goal she looks amazing. All that loose skin seemed to shrink back up. She is in her early 40s and does spend time in the gym. But things improved enough that she isn't going to do plastics. Congrats on the weightloss!

Thoughtful' date=' funny, sharing books always welcome! :) Well the tummy support things might not help but they can't hurt right?? I just ordered one of the wear your own bra flexees. And the fact is, only ONE person ever sees me naked and he loved me before. Well two, I see me naked too but I hated my body before. So in that sense, nothing will have changed :P Fact is, looking great with clothes on and being healthy are not bad things anyway. My big surprise is for some reason, I didn't think that would happen at 3 months. I thought that like maintenance, that was a "vet problem" not a "newbie problem". Surprise![/quote']

Oh that is a scary newbie problem to have! Best of luck...I'll tell u all about my jiggles when I am 3 months out in may next year lol

Even Light compression /shapewear makes such a difference in reducing the jiggles. After about 6 months at goal' date=' i felt that my skin was significantly reduced. I STILL needed plastics because it was bad, but, I think Shapewear and time definately help... a little. So, I was not one to wear super tight girdles or Spanx but more like light hold. Jeans also can serve this purpose. Once I got rid of the extra fat and was just down to skin, it could sorta be smooshed in a way to make it look like I had hips...haha! The final stage of weird extra skin before I had plastics is when I lost the last 8 or pounds during Sept and Oct. My belly button disappeared. Laying in bed, I looked down at a flat stomach that had so many wrinkles, it was surreal. I tried getting pics but they never really captured the effect adquately.[/quote']

The PA said today that without the compression garments, her stomach falls over into to her lap. And that without the leggings, she used to have not one but several butts.

I remember your posting about the extra skin that lay beside you. Apparently I read that for education, not for anticipating what awaited me. Silly me.

I have read many times that you should wait a year after hitting goal to decide on plastic surgery because your skin will shrink up more and take its new form. That's my story and I'm sticking to it......

My real butt.

post-17584-13838397105569_thumb.jpg

butter your butt made me think of pie, and it's bedtime here in FL. Crap now I'm going to be thinking about pie.

butter your butt made me think of pie' date=' and it's bedtime here in FL. Crap now I'm going to be thinking about pie.[/quote']

Anybody whose imagination is so vivid that they can see a mooning pumpkin and think "pie!"? Probably deserves a bite.

I on the other hand will have nightmares about that grinning pumpkin.< /p>

I added a dash of pumpkin Creamer to my hot chocolate. (that's how I hide my chocolate Protein Powder in the evenings lol). And pumpkin pie is my FAVE. Actually pumpkin anything is my fave.

My real butt.

Hahahah what a sexy beast!

This is a depressing thread GG!! I don't wanna have funky skin!!! And I don't wanna have another surgery either...decisions, decisions...

This is a depressing thread GG!! I don't wanna have funky skin!!! And I don't wanna have another surgery either...decisions' date=' decisions...[/quote']

Dont worry about it. It upset me at first - and yes discovering a layer of skin beside me in bed gave me a fright. And NEVEr look down at your tummy when doing pushups or planks..that was freaky. Even so, life with a few wrinkles is still a thousand times bettet than obesity.

Dont worry about it. It upset me at first - and yes discovering a layer of skin beside me in bed gave me a fright. And NEVEr look down at your tummy when doing pushups or planks..that was freaky. Even so' date=' life with a few wrinkles is still a thousand times bettet than obesity.[/quote']

*Sigh* you're right. I just didn't wanna trade fat for chicken skin!!

I respectfully disagree. Extra skin is no burden compared to layers of fat. You can live a full life - healthy active joyeous -even if you need shapewaer. And clothes disguise excess skin but nothing hides obesity. My boyfriend was not bothered by my extra skin - it was me that wanted it gone. I liked my body before plastics but I didnt want extra skin waiting to be filled up again. Also I love stylish and fitted clothing and wanted to make that easier.

My real butt.
looks pretty firm. Ha

Sent from my iPad using VST