Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommendation:

Oh, you all are just too funny! I loved those last couple of comments!

I think it would be fun to play with the psych eval, and see what happens.......only if it would not interfere with our future banding!

Connie, my eval. was a lot like yours. I actually liked the evaluator.

I also had to pay 100.00 cash.

faithmd. I wonder why you have to take it again. You know, you have a right as far as I know to see your evaluation. Was thinking of asking to see mine.

Oh, you all are just too funny! I loved those last couple of comments!

I think it would be fun to play with the psych eval, and see what happens.......only if it would not interfere with our future banding!

Connie, my eval. was a lot like yours. I actually liked the evaluator.

I also had to pay 100.00 cash.

faithmd. I wonder why you have to take it again. You know, you have a right as far as I know to see your evaluation. Was thinking of asking to see mine.

Once the Dr. has put it all together I will ask to go back in and have him go over it with me, even if I have to pay for that myself.

I had to retake the MMPI-2 because my first one scored "too high" on the K scale. I'm glad I didn't know that before I went to retake it because I would have argued that there are those who believe the K scale can run high in folks who are well-educated or are "thinkers." I only have an associate degree (a two year degree) but I have always been a "thinker" and have read and read and read. I also am a MENSA member. He didn't ask about that nor did he ask if I ever had my IQ tested (I have, it's embarrassing). I'm guessing that he probably said to himself, she's only got a two-year degree, there's no way this high K can be valid. So I went in and retook it and knowingly changed some of my previous answers so I could get through it. I had asked what happened if I still scored high in K and he said I'd probably be retaking it a third time. I wan't going to do that...

We'll see.

When I went for my psych eval I had researched LBS, but was still a bit hesitant, I was stressed, depressed, & feeling sorry for myself. Probably the wrong day to have a psych eval done. Most of those emotions had to do with being overweight. Although I had had many other issues from the past that have contributed to the emotional instability.

I have a type 1 diabetic daughter. My second oldest son (age 25) is a dear but has had issues keeping a job. I got divorced 5 1/2 yrs ago....and had just found out positively that my ex husband is gay. Then 5 months later my oldest son passed away. I have had my issues!!! LOL (at least I can laugh).

My son and I were best friends. I was young when he was born, I talk to my son all the time. So, how do you answer the "Do you hear voices question" and then answer "Do you lie" question. Without sounding like a NUT!!!

Well needless to say th psychologist told me that I needed to get my antidepressant meds adjusted. (Which I had been working on.) Then he told me that I had to see another therapist....I never did know why he said that. Except maybe to do some additional counseling. Of course I started to cry in his office because I was going to have to wait for surgery. So, I put off doing anything more for LBS. When I spoke with my surgeons office the psych eval just said that I needed to get stablized on my meds and have the prescribing physician write a letter saying that I was stable and ok to have surgery. I wanted to call the psychologist and ask him How did he answer the do you lie? quetion.

If he had asked me why are you so depressed I would have said because I am FAT. But he looked through mywritten eval and saw my history and just assumed that I had too much going on. As I looked back I knew all of the above was part of it however, the main reason for depression was weight, illness, and pain.

Anyway. I could have had surgery by the end of 2006 but waited because of the eval. But Am looking forward to April 2nd!!! WHOO HOO!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches