Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November fitness challenge

Okay, I'm at 104.5 for month.

Hey everyone. You're all doing great. Let's close out the month with a bang and burn off the last of the turkey day damage.

I'll start a December challenge thread here today. Any suggestions/changes/updates you guys would like to add to next months challenge?

GOALS were:

1. Complete 1 mile fun run with kiddos - DONE! And it was GREAT! The kids (ages 5 and 8) completed the run with only moderate complaining! LOL! Maybe I will try a 5k next spring?! I KNOW I can do it!

2. One hour of exercise per day - well, less success here...but I DID exercise 19 out of 30 days this month for an average of 44 minutes per session.

Proud of both accomplishments and appreciated being able to participate in the challenge!

Hey everyone. You're all doing great. Let's close out the month with a bang and burn off the last of the turkey day damage. I'll start a December challenge thread here today. Any suggestions/changes/updates you guys would like to add to next months challenge?

I thought the way you set it up this time worked great. I've no changes to recommend.

Finished out the month with a 9.5 mile run today. Oh my aching glutes. So my mileage for the month was 87.2. I'm happy with that considering I'm 2 months post op today. I'm going to up my mileage goal of December to at least 120 plus add in a swimming goal as I'm trying to swim 3 times a week in preparation to do a triathlon next summer. I'll wait till later in the day to stay the December thread in case anyone has any suggestions they want to make. Or if someone else really really wants to start the thread, speak up. It doesn't matter to me who does it.

Finished the month at 131.23 miles of running with 5-10 miles of rowing (did not track, but did at least 500 m a day up to 2000 m in a session about once a week). Most days averaging 2-3 miles of fast runs / sprints, but also got in some big 10-15 slower mile days and even 1 20 mile day. Averaged 4-5 workouts a week of high intensity cross fit stuff (15-30 m in length, most being around 12-18 m) in addition to 20-30 m of warm up, 20-3o minutes of strength and skill building and 20-30 minutes of mobility (stretching, roller and lacrosse ball mashing). I enjoy doing some mobility work also while watching TV or a movie. Feels good to get the tightness out of the hips and upper back. Fish oil really helps daily also to combat inflammation (4-5 g). I have stopped taking nsaids for soreness, especially doms, after reading it puts a damper on the muscle and tendon recovery process. Did not know that. Now I try and really focus on quality mobility work to relieve any aches, even that not related to exercise. I dropped about 5 lb this month and am at 172, but my strength has gone way up with a much better eye towards posture and protection of core movement when walking, running, lifting and sitting. I feel very stable and fit going into December. Looking forward to another month of improving fitness. Good luck everyone in your fitness and weight goals. A little exercise daily (30m-1 hour) is really good for the psyche and overall well being. It will raise your spirits and put you in a good mood, as well as make you more productive at work, at home or on projects. It just makes you feel good and ready to take on the day. Currently enjoying sunny California in Santa Cruz area, touring the towering redwoods, golden gate bridge, fantastic beaches, etc in the afternoon and some cross fit in the morning at a local cross fit gym while on vacation.

I have not met my goal for this month. Between surgery #2 and a cold I have not been as active as I planned. Cold is still hanging around but getting a lot better. Will be walking today outside and hopefully tomorrow if the weather cooperates. I get to resume bike riding on 12/16 so that will help.

I also am back in school with a mid-term next Saturday and a final on January 12. After the 1st of the year I will use my company's wellness reimbursement to pay for my gym membership.

I met my goal to reduce flare ups by not overdoing it. Unfortunately that meant--you guessed it, not overdoing it So I didn't make my goal of 60 miles, I did make 48.

I did plank, made it to 100s. And I stayed moving whenever I could. I went from 4 bad flare ups the previous month to 1 bad and 1 moderate one so I'm happy. And I'm looking forward to being a part of the December thread!

Ok finished the month strong with 5 miles today, MTD -108 miles and 12 sessions of strength training, still having hip issues but I'm in for December when you get it started. For December's goals will go for over 100 miles walking again, going to add a yoga class at the gym, hope it will help with the flexability, hope it will help with the hip. Will continue with the strength training classes.(I'm tired already just thinking about it!)

Hello friends, I finished the month at 98.37 miles...my goal was 75 so I am very happy with myself. I took the last couple of days off from exercise I was just to wore out. 2, 6 day work weeks back to back and my sleep was all jacked up. So when I crashed thursday night I barely made it to work on Friday evening. I did get in exercise shopping a little and getting the christmas tree up and decorated, but no official milage. So lets get December started!!!!

3.9 miles on this last day of the month. That put my total at 123.15 miles. I fell short of my goal by about 7 miles but that's ok. Still better than parking my butt on the couch.

Great job this month everyone. Hope everyone joins us again next month.

6 miles yesterday, finished the month at 101 miles!

Ended at 165.3, 10 short of my 175 goal. I knew it was going to happen, and I'm ok with it. I did go running (on Thanksgiving day) while visiting my family SO that was a huge win for me!