Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March '07 Bandsters Union

As of this morning, I'm down 22lbs. I have no idea how this is possible, but I'm not going to complain. I mean, I haven't been eating bad......correction a couple of nights ago, I had a few bites of a chocolate bunny. Truly, more than anything else, this band hasn't really too much restricted what I eat, but more has changed the way I FEEL with the amount I eat. I just have no drive to overeat.

I was really surprised by how the band cut my hunger levels. Currently I am on liquids again but thats because my gall bladder comes out next week. So the weight is just falling off. One thing I noticed though is that we need to get some healthier eating habits in my house. my DH is wonderful and very supportive and all that. But wow does he love junk food! Since he has been on his own for meals this past month I suppose he now eats most of his meals via drive throughs. Or pizza. Or there is the box of doughnuts he picked up. And candy bards. And mountain dew to wash it all down. We were never healthy eaters before I got banded but we did eat vegtables and salads and cook meals and so forth. At least there was some good nutritional content there and we had been working on getting more veggies in. I'm actually a little worried about how his eating all this junk food is going to affect his health- cholesterol or whatever. He has a normal weight and doesn't have problems with that-- though the past six months he as been complaining about jean "shrinkage" so I tell him to start doing sit ups. I think he just leaves the top button unbottoned instead. I also worry about all the food being too tempting for me. But I think once we start eating meals together again we can focus on cooking some better choices.

Kyethra, Wow you are doing so good. you had your surgery a day before me and you are down 11 ponds more then me. Keep up the good work.

Hey, Nice to see another thread for us Marchies. Can I join you guys? I'm 6 weeks post opp, and just had my fill Wednesday and am happy to say I am full on just liquids again. I was starting to have constant hunger again, but the fill has actually helped! Hope it lasts!

Kyethra, Wow you are doing so good. you had your surgery a day before me and you are down 11 ponds more then me. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! But I'm not doing anything. Except I've stopped eating this past week so everytime I turn around I weigh less. I wouldn't be surprised if I gain back a few pounds once I start eating again.

BJ,

How are you doing? Hope your making it until your first fill! I get mine this friday. Will let you know how it goes!!!

Hi, everybody, especially BabyLovesToys! Pardon my absence. Work has been busy, and so has Spring cleaning, etc. I'm so glad to see all the new success stories on here! Sound like pretty much everyone is doing well.

Baby, please DO let me know how you fill goes tomorrow! I have my appt on May 4th. I'm going to be 6 weeks post-op that day, and I'm gonna beg for a fill. I have felt like crap since I ate Breakfast yesterday morning. A little nausea, coming and going in waves - tons of pressure, gas.........almost feels like restriction with painful gas! I am able to get fluids down fine. I ate a few saltines last night, and that was fine. I slept fine, but do have a low grade fever - 99.1. I got up this morning, had no problem drinking a cup of coffee. I later ate a scrambled egg very slowly. Then, five minutes later, I felt crappy again. Now, I'm feeling bloated, LOTS of belly noise, and a little bit of the queasy waves. I just drank a cup of herbal tea without a problem. I feel like I'd feel so much better if I could just get the gas to go away! yeah. I tried GasX. No help. Here's the kicker, though. I spoke with two other people who ate at a realtor open house with me on Tuesday. (I'm a Realtor) They are both having the same symptoms. The food theme was seafood. Hmmmm.... A small case of food poisoning, perhaps, or a LapBand issue? So, that's my quandry. If I call the Dr.'s office to be seen, they might not give me my fill next week. If I don't, I could be doing further damage if there is something wrong. There's a part of me that wishes I felt really horrible, so I wouldn't have a choice!!! Anyway, I guess I have decided that I will give it until tomorrow morning. If I am not all better by then, I'll call me doctor. Thanks for letting me rant! Up until yesterday, I have not been ill or thrown up a single time. I still haven't vomited. maybe I am just not used to the ups and downs, and this is just my first experience......hmmmmmm.....I'm just trying to not let my imagination run away with me. I am afraid of slippage and/or infection. I'm not the type to expect the worst, but this freaks me out a little. Has anyone else had anything similar? Thanks!

BJ,

I am so sorry that you have been sick!:sick If you have been feeling fine until now, it kind of sound like its not related to your band. But then, I haven't had mine long enough to know. Could be stomach virus, or what you ate?

I'm like you. I get paranoid when I think of a slip or another problem with the band. The other day I was feeling of my port and convinced myself that it was crooked or loose. This was after reading posts about people who had complications with their ports!!!

Girl, get Better!!!

I am so excited about getting this fill. We leave for Dallas in the AM & plan to spend the weekend. I will post just as soon as I get back.

We are on our way out to dinner right now. Birthday celebration for my step son.

Take Care!!!

Hi, everybody, especially BabyLovesToys! Pardon my absence. Work has been busy, and so has Spring cleaning, etc. I'm so glad to see all the new success stories on here! Sound like pretty much everyone is doing well.

Baby, please DO let me know how you fill goes tomorrow! I have my appt on May 4th. I'm going to be 6 weeks post-op that day, and I'm gonna beg for a fill. I have felt like crap since I ate breakfast yesterday morning. A little nausea, coming and going in waves - tons of pressure, gas.........almost feels like restriction with painful gas! I am able to get fluids down fine. I ate a few saltines last night, and that was fine. I slept fine, but do have a low grade fever - 99.1. I got up this morning, had no problem drinking a cup of coffee. I later ate a scrambled egg very slowly. Then, five minutes later, I felt crappy again. Now, I'm feeling bloated, LOTS of belly noise, and a little bit of the queasy waves. I just drank a cup of herbal tea without a problem. I feel like I'd feel so much better if I could just get the gas to go away! yeah. I tried GasX. No help. Here's the kicker, though. I spoke with two other people who ate at a realtor open house with me on Tuesday. (I'm a Realtor) They are both having the same symptoms. The food theme was seafood. Hmmmm.... A small case of food poisoning, perhaps, or a LapBand issue? So, that's my quandry. If I call the Dr.'s office to be seen, they might not give me my fill next week. If I don't, I could be doing further damage if there is something wrong. There's a part of me that wishes I felt really horrible, so I wouldn't have a choice!!! Anyway, I guess I have decided that I will give it until tomorrow morning. If I am not all better by then, I'll call me doctor. Thanks for letting me rant! Up until yesterday, I have not been ill or thrown up a single time. I still haven't vomited. maybe I am just not used to the ups and downs, and this is just my first experience......hmmmmmm.....I'm just trying to not let my imagination run away with me. I am afraid of slippage and/or infection. I'm not the type to expect the worst, but this freaks me out a little. Has anyone else had anything similar? Thanks!

Not that I'm really sure what "normal" means! :) Yeah. I am feeling good again. The only remaining symptom seems to be TONS of gas and pressure. It's so loud at times that it's close to embarrassing. What's up with that?

I have eaten even less since I started feeling a little poorly last week. Still, though, not another pound lost. Patience is a virtue, I guess. When does the weight start coming off? I (along with many other people on here) am eating sooooo much less than I did pre-band, even though I haven't been filled, yet. (Too paranoid that I might do damage to the band. It's not willpower. I f I had will power, I wouldn't be here, would I? :tired) Why aren't we losing weight? Hmmmm??? Riddle me THAT, Batman!

Hey everyone, I went for my first fill and because I was losing about a lb. a day, my Dr. said it was not necessary. He rescheduled my first fill to be in 2 weeks now (making the first fill at the 9 week mark, not the 6 week one).

I am worried now because I have not lost a lb. since the Dr.'s last week AND I can eat almost as much as did PRE-BAND! What is going on?! I am not gaining weight, not losing weight, and eating almost the same as before the band. Like I can actually eat a slice of pizza (regular crust), yesterday I ate an entire omelet and part of a pancake, umm I had half a chinese plate, etc. I eat a tiny bit less than I used to, but it feels as if I can eat about the same, FRUSTRATING!

Who else is experience this? Should we worry about slippage or what? I figured slippage comes from the band being toooooo tight, which for me seems to be too loose (lost 35 lbs. since banded). Grr..

-Jason

You need to get your fill, can you ask to see your Dr. sooner? Call and let them know yes you have done so good so far w/ out a fill, but now you can't stop eating when you need to. Good Luck and let us know how it goes. Try not to over eat! Easier said then done I know.

BJ,

Glad you are feeling a little better! I hate being sick, I'm such a terrible patient!

Just got back from my fill. The DR. put in 1.5cc & it took all of 10 minutes with the flouro. It was painless. Says everything is where it should be but that I would probably not notice much difference until the second fill.

Didn't schedule another fill appt. just said when I stop losing, to call for appt. I hope this means that I will pick back up on the weight loss since it has been SLOW.

Went to dinner with my DH this weekend & he actually finished his meal before I did. Usually, I finish first & wait on him. I am practicing chewing slowly.

Now if I can get a regular exercise routine down? Let me know how its going for you. When do you get a fill?

Hya, Baby!

Welcome back! I'm so happy that you got your fill and seem to feel some restriction. Hopefully, now, the real weight loss will begin for you.

I have an appointment scheduled for this Friday, the 4th. It'll be the 6 week mark. I am gonna beg for a fill. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. If not, worst case scenario should be 8 weeks.

I'm not sure if my doc does fills under flouro, or not. I hope so! I have been using the treadmill, and still no more weight coming off. (Bad word here!)

I am doing okay with the slow eating, and with eating appropriate foods. It's the quantity and the frequency that I'm having issues with!

Again, congrats!!!

BJ :clap2:

BJ,

Glad you are feeling a little better! I hate being sick, I'm such a terrible patient!

Just got back from my fill. The DR. put in 1.5cc & it took all of 10 minutes with the flouro. It was painless. Says everything is where it should be but that I would probably not notice much difference until the second fill.

Didn't schedule another fill appt. just said when I stop losing, to call for appt. I hope this means that I will pick back up on the weight loss since it has been SLOW.

Went to dinner with my DH this weekend & he actually finished his meal before I did. Usually, I finish first & wait on him. I am practicing chewing slowly.

Now if I can get a regular exercise routine down? Let me know how its going for you. When do you get a fill?

Hi everyone,

Have any of you March bandsters gotten a 2nd fill yet? I called my doctor Friday because a week after my first fill I wasn't feeling restricted at all so she scheduled me in for this Thursday. I hope it helps curb the hunger. I'm eating 1/2 as much before the surgery, but still hungry all the time.

I'm really curious, after just reading jmcambra's post. How many weeks is everyone being told they have to wait until their first fill? I was told 8 weeks - but heard that whining and losing no weight will possibly get me a fill at 6 weeks. Thanks for the info! BJ :)