Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Putting weight on

Yes the scale number is just a number but I let that number get all the way up to 318! So I feel the number on my scale is very important. It's important I see 146 or close to that every morning so I don't get complacent and god forbid see 318 again.

It may be 'just a number' to some, but to me, it goes far beyond a number. It's part of my dashboard, that number let's me know what's going on 'under the hood'. That number is like a red light coming on in my truck. It lets me know if something needs to be checked or changed. Like you, if I don't see a certain number, or less (in my case it is 142 - 145) I take action, not a big deal, all I have to do is cut calories by 100-150 and the extra pound or two is gone in just a few days. It's as easy as that. I cannot become complacent, in my book, that is a slippery slope and I know how quickly I can slide!! :)

I'm a little confused with my numbers on the scale......

Yesterday I weighed in at my all time lowest of 137.2 lbs and wanted so bad to hang on to that #.

Today I have to admit that the scale went back up to 145.6 lbs.......So frustrating.....

So do I chose to believe in the #'s on the scale? Sometimes. It does give me a guage to check what I'm eating and to get back to MFP for logging my food intake and to make the proper adjustments......

We can do this......and must......we've all worked hard to get here. :P

Holy cow Miss!!! an 8 1/2 pound jump? That is a hard one to live with! I would say that could only be Water weight or a broken scale! What was your weight the day before the 137.2?

A few days ago I caught a peek of my goal weight... then it bounced back up and I am still seeing a higher number... but it is slowly going back down. It jumped around 2 pounds for no good reason. Just remember the scale is a tool and does not reflect who we are as people... but sometimes they get glitchy and don't do a very good job of weighing us.... is there another scale around you can check your scales accuracy with? The docs? Or keep a tape measure handy, and see what that says....

For those of you going on cruises you don't have to bring a scale, they have them in the locker room by the gym. I like to weigh myself when we first get on the ship and then right before we get off!

My scale was going up and down four or five pounds daily for about 10 days, and I knew it couldn't be accurate. I changed the battery and it went back to normal. :)

Since being sleeved, I am going to keep as habit the new behaviors I have learned. Weigh daily, track all my food and exercise. Never did that in fatness, but a must do for me to maintain skinniness. Gotta know my numbers or I will slowly start to lose the battle.

I've noticed myself getting slack lately. Not sure if it is the time of the year or just ALL the stress I'm under right now. I can't seem to lose anything and haven't since May. Tried the 5.2 diet and I've not been able to stick with it. Got on the scale this morning and I'm up 2 pounds. I know that doesn't sound like a lot but I know if I don't change something, I will continue to gain. I have to admit I've become addicted to coffee with all those yummy flavorful Creamers you can put in it. I like iced coffee (expresso) more than anything and I'm addiced! I try sugar free and it just isn't the same so here I am again. A sugar addict. Sugar was always my downfall when I was 294 pounds and I can tell it is getting its claws right back into me again. I have to do something. Also, not to forget that coffee is bad for my stomach lining and reflux I've been having so many issues with lately. UGH... It is like being addicted to crack!! I really need to break this cycle. I feel awful. I want to get to goal so badly. I have to start logging my food again in my fittness pal and eating more regularly. I can go all day just on Protein shakes and coffee and eat one meal at night. It isn't healthy for me and it is making me gain.

I'm so glad you all are here. It helps me so much to read post and know I'm not alone. Not much support anywhere else. Thanks for being here!!

I've noticed myself getting slack lately. Not sure if it is the time of the year or just ALL the stress I'm under right now. I can't seem to lose anything and haven't since May. Tried the 5.2 diet and I've not been able to stick with it. Got on the scale this morning and I'm up 2 pounds. I know that doesn't sound like a lot but I know if I don't change something, I will continue to gain. I have to admit I've become addicted to coffee with all those yummy flavorful Creamers you can put in it. I like iced coffee (expresso) more than anything and I'm addiced! I try sugar free and it just isn't the same so here I am again. A sugar addict. Sugar was always my downfall when I was 294 pounds and I can tell it is getting its claws right back into me again. I have to do something. Also, not to forget that coffee is bad for my stomach lining and reflux I've been having so many issues with lately. UGH... It is like being addicted to crack!! I really need to break this cycle. I feel awful. I want to get to goal so badly. I have to start logging my food again in my fittness pal and eating more regularly. I can go all day just on Protein shakes and coffee and eat one meal at night. It isn't healthy for me and it is making me gain.

I'm so glad you all are here. It helps me so much to read post and know I'm not alone. Not much support anywhere else. Thanks for being here!!

On fast days I make an iced mocha using an ESA chocolate fudge shake and espresso (decaf) or a Thai Iced tea with an ESA french vanilla with some brewed thai ice tea and extra stevia.... I absolutely love them both. low carb, 100 cals, and low or no caffein.Give it a try. Target is the cheapest place to buy them. 4 for less than $5. Way cheaper than Starbucks! I have to stay with the scale and MFP every day. I would rather not, but really, it's the only way I can make it all work. I'm resigned to doing it.

http://www.target.com/p/eas-advantedge-chocolate-fudge-shakes-4-count-11-fl-oz/-/A-11061366

I'm so glad I saw this thread. I've gained almost 4 lbs in the past two weeks. I wasn't surprised when I gained a 2 lbs last week because I knew I hadn't been behaving myself and was not tracking my food or getting any exercise. However this week I made a better effort but I gained again! Strangely I have gone down a size in pants and my waist measurement was down an inch yesterday. WTF?! I'm confused. I know regain happens to some extent to most of us. Is this just payback for my losing despite myself during the previous month when I stopped working out and was barely tracking? I can definitely eat more now too and feel hungry a lot more than I did just a few months ago. I hope I can get it together! I was sooooo close to losing 90 lbs and now I'm back at 85lbs down. I feel so dispirited and fearful.

Part of how you can judge where you are is by measurement. Sounds like your body is making some composition adjustments. Do get back on track, use MFP, as time goes by, it does get easier for most to eat more (I took the opportunity to eat more veggies at this time), and really, the need for attention to detail never ends, before, and after all your weight loss. 5 can turn into 20... unfortunately, I know first hand. I have managed to get to goal, at three years out..., but it was not easier the second time to get the weight off. Do the work now if you can get back on track. It may be slow going, but thats ok too... as long as you are heading in the right direction! Congrats on the 85, that is an awesome achievement!

So I weighed myself again this morning and I'm back down where I was two week ago!!?? I'm going to start weighing myself every morning to see it helps ne stay on track better. I'm also going to put a new battery in my scale so that I know it's accurate.

I'm four weeks out and have seen a lot of advice to only weigh once a week, but I have to say it has been much better for me to weigh daily. Because I do it that way, it comes across as information or a snapshot. It's not too loaded. I think I would feel like a success or a failure based on a weekly number.

I weigh daily too. When I was in weight loss mode, I only tracked my weight weekly, even though I weighed every morning. I am still am addict. If I only weighed once a week, I would eat more earlier in the week and then starve for a day or two before weighing. I wish that weren't true, but it is.

Lynda

Lynda, I felt myself so tempted to treat my four week post-op appointment like a WW meeting. And that's why I'll continue to weigh every day. I can't play games that way.