Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanksgiving Challenge

Updates so far are posted. I'm sure we'll get used to this new site, but it's definitely different. I saw a LOT of multiple postings, and (at least on my view) everybody's tickers are "broken" now. Still, we have 11 people reporting in so far, so surely people will get the hang of the changes and start reporting in soon.

I was down 2 lbs this week! Yippee! Perhaps there's a chance for me to make that Thanksgiving goal after all. Fingers crossed!

Is there a link like the halloween one?

Is there a link like the halloween one?

Yes...if you go to the very first post in this thread (page 1) you'll see the links, instructions, updates, etc.

Hello,

10-31-13 179 lbs

11-7-13 177 lbs

Thanx Day goal - I would like to get in the 160's.

I hope everyone is doing well on there weight loss. Take care.

OMG I'm sooo sorry for posting repeatedly. My app wasn't working right and it said it didn't go through but it obviously did over and over again!

Hi Bea, it has taken me 4 days to get signed on to this new app. My weight on Thursday was 179. (Still is today) :-). Down 4 pounds in one week. Hasn't happened to me for awhile! Expecting the accompanying stall next week, but wouldn't that be cool if it didn't happen!!!

This week my weight is 245 down 2 pounds from 247.

OMG I'm sooo sorry for posting repeatedly. My app wasn't working right and it said it didn't go through but it obviously did over and over again!

NO WORRIES!!! I think we are ALL struggling with this new site. I was so disappointed with this site I even went looking for a new "sandbox" to play in last night. If things don't get better soon, I may switch over to the ThinnerTimesForum. I hate to leave the support community here that have been so helpful to me over the past few months, but I really need something that works, something that does not pop up error messages at the top of every page. Anyway, hopefully this site will straighten itself out soon!

The stats for this week are really looking good! Two people lost a whopping 5 lbs, another two lost 4 lbs, and an amazing additional six people lost between 3 and 4 lbs. Overall, the 30 people that reported in this week lost over 60 lbs together. That is just AWESOME! Way to go EVERYONE!!!

<p>The stats for this week are really looking good! Two people lost a whopping 5 lbs, another two lost 4 lbs, and an amazing additional six people lost between 3 and 4 lbs. Overall, the <span style="color:#ff0000;"><span style="font-size:18px;">30 people</span></span> that reported in this week lost<span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="color:#ff0000;"> over 60 lbs</span></span> together. That is just AWESOME! Way to go EVERYONE!!!</p>

That's wonderful Bea! I'm happy to report that my phone app is working now. I can "like" things and refresh pages from my phone which I couldn't do yesterday. What I did was delete the app and reuploaded it to my iPhone. Now it works fine. I think we just need to be patient with the transition. Don't leave!!! :)

Finally able to log on to this website. Don't know if I am going to like this. :( Anyway, down 2 lbs this week.

I lost 1 pound on Thursday

Not sure if my posts are posting I'm not seeing them. But Down 2 pounds 196

Don't like the new website. Any way my weight loss for the week is 2 lbs.

Don't like new website. lost 2 lbs as of last Thursday.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches