Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

need help with my 'newly sleeved' diet

not sure if I am in the correct forum and if not,please direct me..I had my surgery Oct.3rd and am having problems with my diet-am still on clear liquid diet so I am drinking muscle milk light 3-4 times a day for Protein and broth and Water in between. can't drink the powdered drinks as they taste too sweet for me and I am hungry!!! I have been on the liquids for almost 5 weeks now and it is getting hard to be creative with such limited choices..tomorrow is my 2 wk post-op and am looking forward to pureed foods and other then the 5 lbs lost after surgery I am staying the same-getting discouraged though. :-(

You might check the carb count on the Muscle Milk. I was allowed shakes as long as they were 3 carbs or less. EAS carb control and Premier Protein were my choices.

If you're getting too many carbs, it will limit your weight loss.

I am pre-sleeve but from my readings on here:

You can add unflavored Protein powder to anything, so Protein drinks don't have to be sweet.

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury makes a chicken broth flavored Protein Powder that many find tasty.

What about different Soups where you strain out the solids? Egg-drop Soup?

Also, sometimes when people find they are hungry, it can be acids in the stomach. Many suggest trying an over the counter acid blocker if you're not already on one. Many times the hunger feeling is really acid.

Hope some of that helps!

thanks for the response! I checked the carb content on the Muscle Milk Light and it is 7grams but I have to say that I haven't found any other Protein Drink that I can stomach right now. And ! I am waiting,as I type this, for my order of unflavored Protein Powder to arrive..I found a delicious broth on a VSG site that I plan on adding the powder to and also my Jello and I will be looking for other liquids I can sneak it into. Thanks again for the suggestions-I was getting a little discouraged so it helps to have someone else acknowledge the struggles you can have with a new life-style. Linda

You lucky girl.....when I was on Clear Liquids, it had to be clear......muscle milk, Protein powders, even the chicken unjury were not allowed..........had to wait until I was on full liquids for those.

You can add Torani Syrup to your drinks for a different flavor (look for the sugar free versions.......grocery stores may have them, and Amazon has a good selection).

I think I read that some people put a little yogurt in their shakes to get the whey flavor out....not sure if it's too soon for yogurt on the stage you're at. Good luck.......you're doing great!

I love muscle milk right now i cant get alot of calories in anyway. I have to get Protein from somewhere. Long as i exercise and keep my metabolism going I still loose weight.

I had surgery on 10/3 as well. I had the Clear Liquids for a week, and then after my 1 week post op visit I was approved to move to strained cream Soups and yogurt. Once I started that I started to have stomach problems. I am now back to clear liquids and my Protein Shake. I struggle to get 250 calories a day. I am very sad that I won't be moving to the pureed stage for a bit longer. I've even had to go back to taking the medication for nausia and fullness to stop my stomach spasms. After 2 weeks I started to vomit. I've lost 17 lbs since surgery, but right now I can barely stomach Water.< /p>