Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters in March!

Thanks everyone for your caring replies :success1:

Seems I wont need that unfill after all :)

Last night I ate a Meal :) NO PAIN

I ate 1/4 cup of rice and a very small piece of grilled fish.

Off out tonight for a Birthday dinner with some friends. SEAFOOD here I come :) I don't mind about how little or how much I can eat, just that I can eat. I know it will get looser as the weeks goes on.

Thanks again everyone, have a Fabulous Weekend

March Goal: I havn't managed the pool this week, I have failed miserably on my March Goal. They have changed my times an hour earlier (before work) and with it getting darker and cooler now, I'm not getting up in time to do the Breakfast, prepare lunch etc all before 7am. Truth is I'm tired, I've extended my hours at work by 2 hours a day and I'm still adjusting.

CHEERS to Happy Healthy Eating :)

Gerbera - I'm SO GLAD you can eat! Yay! :success1: And Happy Birthday!!!

And don't give up on your goal - just do what you can and challenge yourself - You're doing great!

I have only lost 2 lbs since I moved off liquids, for a total of 22 lbs since 12-29. I don't know what I am doing wrong. A lot of people have told me though they didn't lose well with ony one fill. I can't get my 2nd fill until 4-9. I was supposed to get it the last week in March, but dr. decided to go away for spring break.

I am so sick of not seeing the scale move. I stopped weighing often because it's so discouraging. But then when I do weigh, it's the same.

Can anyone give me a sample of what they eat for a day so I can see how I am eating wrong. I don't think I am, because I am following the banster rules, other than I don't always get veggies in. I don't eat many carbs at all, just the ones that are in a sauce over the chicken, etc. And I drink way over 64 oz of Water per day and exercise. It could be my age. The nurse told me older people lose slower, but this is ridiculous. I am 54.

I need help!!:help: thank you!

Denise,

I have had onlt 1 fill and have only lost 15 lbs since Dec 7th, 06. Right now the scale has just started to move, and not because of the adjuxstment of 1cc. Its because I am limiting myself to 1000 - 1200 calories a day using my calorie counter . com and getting excercise in 3-4 times a week. 3 rules I made for march, more Water, excercise 3-4 times a week and no eating after 7. It might be a good starting point for you. I needed to start with small changes so I didnt get discouraged. The band has made me not want to eat bread, it just doesnt agree with me. But I can still eat a whole slice of sicilian pizza. Gi figure. Good luck

Nicole

hmm I am not losing, I think I am reasonably well restricted, and I am excercising but I am just not losing. For dinner I was able to eat 1/4 of a sloppy joe, 1/4 cup of mixed veggies, and 2X2 inch piece of red pototo minus the skin. I have had about 800 calories today. I just dont think my body is capable of losing weight.

Hey jill,

its hard to get the metabolism going. I have been reading some literature form the biggest looser. They suggest varying your cardio activities and increase from 3.0 to 3.5 or more and then flip flop. Longer time at slower speed, and then try to burn as many calories as you can in a shorter time frame. You can use that toyour advantage and then trick your body when you excercise at different times of the day. Then your body gets confused and winds up burning more calories on average per day. They put out a little booklet which has these little tips in it. I found it at the grocery store, but you can find out alot of this stuff from the web site although it is limited unless you pay for the site. I chose the 4.00 booklet as opposed to the fee for the month. Also tells you not to eat carbs after 3pm, Water consumption, how many calories tyou need to loose weight etc.. Hope this info might help a bit. Good luck.

NN32

Bannanie,

Im ok on my march goals. NOt perfect, but trying. If I get off track, its tough to get back. Motivation is tough when the scale is not moveing. Just started to see some changes form my goals. I was a lete starter, but so far not so bad.

Hey jill,

its hard to get the metabolism going. I have been reading some literature form the biggest looser. They suggest varying your cardio activities and increase from 3.0 to 3.5 or more and then flip flop. Longer time at slower speed, and then try to burn as many calories as you can in a shorter time frame. You can use that toyour advantage and then trick your body when you excercise at different times of the day. Then your body gets confused and winds up burning more calories on average per day. They put out a little booklet which has these little tips in it. I found it at the grocery store, but you can find out alot of this stuff from the web site although it is limited unless you pay for the site. I chose the 4.00 booklet as opposed to the fee for the month. Also tells you not to eat carbs after 3pm, Water consumption, how many calories tyou need to loose weight etc.. Hope this info might help a bit. Good luck.

NN32

Thanks for posting this. I always exercise in the morning. I will go later in the day on my days off. Something has to change! If changing the time of day that I exercise makes a difference, I can sure do that. I never eat carbs after 3 pm though. I try not to eat too many before that time too.

My dr. really stresses Protein.

I hope I see that $4 booklet at the store. I would like to buy it too.

thanks again:biggrin1: Denise

Boy does life get busy! I haven't checked in for awhile but things are going alright. I'm not loosing as fast as I'd like, but I figure it's my own fault. I have not stated to excersise and I probably eat at least one item of "crap" per day. (Damn those girl scouts!) Of course I am full of excuses lately. I had an MRI done on a sprained ankle and they found that 2 of 3 ligaments are severed with the 3rd barely hanging on. So I am freaked out about rolling it again until I can have surgery this summer. Could I still excersise? Of course. I'm just being lazy about wanting to start up something new.

And then there's Water. This is my big weak area. I only get about 40 ounces in daily. Maybe this can be my goal for awhile.

On the bright side, I began this process wearing 28-30's and am now comfortably in 24's with a few 22's thrown in. Needless, to say, I am very happy with the band. It's a great tool that I just need to use better if I want to loose faster.

By the way, i went shopping yesterday at Lane Bryant and found that they are now selling Spanx. These are the undergarments Oprah loves that suck it all in. LB also carries their own brand at 1/2 the cost ($12). I tried them out and MAN do they work wonders. My ASSets were sucked in and no more muffin top over the pants. Also- they come in a long, toeless style that I like, as well as an above the knee variety. Just two sizes, one for about 14-20(A-:) and then 20ish-28ish(C-D). Love these!!!

I shipped off all the rest of my higher sized clothing today before I move next weekend and it really feels good to purge. It also felt good to shop in a different section on the racks and to even ask the clerk to bring smaller sizes. I feel like I can finally make selections that look good instead of just buying whatever fits.

Good to read about everyone again! As soon as I am moved and settled in life again I promise to be more regular. Take care all!

Jeri

Gerbera - I'm SO GLAD you can eat! Yay! :) And Happy Birthday!!!

And don't give up on your goal - just do what you can and challenge yourself - You're doing great!

Hey Banannie :)

Thanks so much for the Birthday wishes.

Tomorrow is actually my Birthday, but I've been celebrating all weekend (carefully)

And WoW look at your weight loss WOW your doing GREAT

CHEERS

Jeri, I am happy for you that you got some new clothes. I can't wait to lose enough to go shopping. I hope that's soon. Since I have only lost 22, all my tops still fit just fine. I had some pants that I bought that immediately became too small, so I can wear those now.

I can't wait to not shop in the plus size anymore!!!

Hey all...

Glad to be reading alot of your posts...I am experiencing the same thing with the scales not moving as much as I woud like, but I do know what part of my problem is...it is that I don't exercise and drink the Water like I should...so nothing to blame, but ME!!! I do know that you can also NOT EAT ENOUGH...your body needs at least 800 calories just to function, so you actually need to be eating between 1000-1200 calories to lose weight...if you don't get in enough calories, that is when your body decides to hold on to what you do take in (starvation mode) and won't allow you to lose weight...so check this out and see if that might be part of the problem...certainly not mine, of course..

My March goal was to exercise more and drink my water...I am actually finding that I am drinking more since I started using the Crystal Light lemonade packets...I also am working harder at getting out to exercise, so we will see...

vlynnfogg .. thank for making the calorie things clear

i used to consume 800 cal per day but the loosing stop for 2 weeks , then i raised my cal to 1000- 1200 each day and i start to lose again :eek:

i am also not exercising enough .. i feel i can do more .

I upped my calories and gained 2 lbs. I am wondering if I ate something salty.

I didn't deserve to gain those 2 lbs. I ate healthy all weekend.