Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters in March!

hi beth .. thank u for the advise and i will start tomorrow:embarassed: no no no i will start today :clap2: i am already had a bicycle and i hope that i will continue to do the workout at lest start .

hi jaqui .. i was like u for about 2 months after the operation the it stop alone, i think it's because of the low Protein or the Vitamin specially vit E and Vit A

i think u should ask your doctor about taking Vitamins or for other solution.

HI Ibrahem, thanks so much for the reply, I just had a fill last week and didnt think to ask I think I leave my brain at the door when I walk in! I hope it stops and I will try to call and ask dont know how they are about returning calls and my next visit isnt for 6 weeks. I take a good Vitamin the one the dr recommened , but will ask again anyway, thanks so much!!

Hey Guys can anyone help answer a couple of questions for me??

It's been 5 days since my 2nd fill & I'm still only able to digest liquids and Soup.< /span>

• How long was it for most of you after your 2nd fill before you could eat food?
  • Is this normal? Should I be worried?
  • Will this loosen up in a short time?
  • Do I need to go back to the Dr's?

After my first fill, I could actually feel the tightness, but it relaxed after about 2-3 days and I was soon eating food again. I can definately only digest liquids and soup. No signs of it relaxing yet. But I don't have tightness or pain like last time.

Any suggestions to help answer my questions would be appreciated

CHEERS & Thanks in advance :)

Ibreham - hi guy! I started out on my treadmill walking 10 minutes a day for the first week, then 15, 20, 25, 30 - so I do 30 minutes a day unless I'm watching something real interesting then I will keep going. I also do some toning exercises, crunches. I'm not a maniac for exercise so this is alot for me. I looked at the ellipticals at Sears the other day, they have some great sales - just in time for income tax return time. If I didnt have the treadmill I'd get an elliptical. I live 15-20 miles from the closest gym so thats out. I think even if you just get out and walk around the block that its a start.

I called last week about another fill - he told me to hold off until Monday. I decided I'm calling again. I don't feel the restriction like I want to. I haven't lost anything for this March challenge - :) and we are almost half way there.

Have a great day!

hi Gerbera ..

congratulation for your fill ..

for me the second fill was a lot of restriction in the beginning just like u, after about 1.5 week i was able to digest regular food again.

now after 2.5 week i feel it become looser but may be because i ate slowly and small bite .

i think all that is normal , my doctor told me that u will feel a lot of restriction this time.

and i think the second fill is a great chance to lose weight again .

hi Steph .. yesterday i tried the orbit track ( i am not sure for the spilling )

it's like a bicycle and have a handle to exercise both upper and lower body .

it's great but relay hard i survive only for 10 min and my plan is to reach 20 min after one week and so on up to 1 hour .

sorry about the fill . but u have to control the amount of the food by our self until the fill is coming .

i think after almost 3 month now i get used to the diet and i feel like may be i can continue the diet without thinking on the band so it will be your life style.

thanks for the advise and have a nice day.

( wish me luck, i have exam tomorrow )

Ibrahem: :)

Thanks for letting me know it could be about 1.5 weeks. I feel better knowing this. I actually don't mind being on liquid and Soup for now and the weight is certainly dropping off again. I had 2 weeks where it had about stopped. I have a Birthday next week, so I hope I get to eat for that, I'm going out with friends for a meal. I had been told the 2nd fill would feel far more restriction. I suppose soon I'll be complaining its not tight enough lol. I'll take advantage of it while I can. The Dr told me to book for an appointment for 6 weeks, I made an appointment for 5 weeks, that last 2 weeks is sometimes too long.

StephC: So sorry to hear about your having to wait for your next fill. Hang in there with the Protein foods and Good Ole will power till you have that fill YOU CAN DO IT! Good luck to you on your excercise regime, I'm still managing the pool 3 times a week. I'm a Water baby so the water excercise works for me :)

Jaqui: I'm already thinning slowly at my age, I'll die if I start to lose anymore hair. So Thankfully I'm not losing any at this stage. BUT I'm eating a lot of protein foods (now shakes till I am back on real food) and not losing fast.

Keep up the good work everyone :)

CHEERS to Healthy, Happy Weight Loss :mad:

Gerbera, be really careful being that tight. My last fill was good for about 8 days, then starting last Friday I got progressively tighter and tighter such that I couldn't really eat yesterday and had to sip tiny sips to get Water in without pain. I got a very small 0.2cc unfill last night (I have a 4cc band) and it is NIGHT AND DAY better! I'm now at 2.7cc down from 2.9cc. If I'd realized how little could be taken out and get such tremendous relief (without making me hungry, either!) I would have done it a few days ago!

If you can't eat in the next day or so real, solid foods, go get a slight unfill. You won't help yourself in the long run if you can't eat solid foods, as that's how the band works - soft/mushy foods slip right through and don't trigger the "fullness" feeling that shuts off the hunger. The band is not designed to be used with soft foods from my understanding!

Gerbera, be really careful being that tight. My last fill was good for about 8 days, then starting last Friday I got progressively tighter and tighter such that I couldn't really eat yesterday and had to sip tiny sips to get Water in without pain. I got a very small 0.2cc unfill last night (I have a 4cc band) and it is NIGHT AND DAY better! I'm now at 2.7cc down from 2.9cc. If I'd realized how little could be taken out and get such tremendous relief (without making me hungry, either!) I would have done it a few days ago!

If you can't eat in the next day or so real, solid foods, go get a slight unfill. You won't help yourself in the long run if you can't eat solid foods, as that's how the band works - soft/mushy foods slip right through and don't trigger the "fullness" feeling that shuts off the hunger. The band is not designed to be used with soft foods from my understanding!

Thanks Banannie for the words of wisdom, I'll head your advice. I'll see how it goes till the weekend. If I'm not able to eat food by then I will definately make an appointment for thr Dr :) Thanks again. Unbelievable you didnt lose weight while you were not eating hey?

hi Gerbera ..

congratulation for your fill ..

for me the second fill was a lot of restriction in the beginning just like u, after about 1.5 week i was able to digest regular food again.

now after 2.5 week i feel it become looser but may be because i ate slowly and small bite .

i think all that is normal , my doctor told me that u will feel a lot of restriction this time.

and i think the second fill is a great chance to lose weight again .

Thanks ibrahem :D Appreciate your answering my question.

I'll give it a few more days and see how it goes. Its 7 days now, I'll give it a few more days and maybe make an appointment if I'm still unable to eat. I don't have any pain unless I try to eat. Tonight I had 1 bite of cheese with a bite of a cracker and instantly I was hurting like I had overeaten.

Looks like no Birthday cake for me next week :)

Thanks Banannie for the words of wisdom, I'll head your advice. I'll see how it goes till the weekend. If I'm not able to eat food by then I will definately make an appointment for thr Dr :) Thanks again. Unbelievable you didnt lose weight while you were not eating hey?

Yup, my weight has been absolutely steady for 5 days, and I've worked out 4 of the 5 - an hour of cardio minimum each workout plus weights on some of the days!

Gerbera, you are too full. If you are eating liquids and very soft foods, then that defeats what the band does. The foods slides right past and will not stay in your pouch.

Many people will even gain weight when they are this tight becuase many liquids are high carb (like potato Soup, mashed potatoes) and since that is all they can get down.... it back fires.

I'd get a slight unfill ASAP.

Gerbera, I agree with Brandi - if it's been seven days and you can only take a bite at a time, go get a slight unfill NOW - don't wait!! I was reluctant, too, hoping it would loosen up on it's own. It just got tighter. You'll get INSTANT relief - and be able to have a bite of birthday cake!!

Ok ladies, it's the 15th, the middle of March already!

How is everyone doing on their goals/challenges for the month? I started out great on the weight loss but have stalled. Exercise is a habit now - never thought I'd say *that*!!! :success1:

Hope everyone is doing great and have a super day!