Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

I was ecstatic when I was told I wouldn't need the preop and crushed when I was told I did afterall. It has been the BEST thing. I would not have believed how much more prepared I feel for this lifestyle change.

Gl n God Bless all of tomorrow's sleevers!! Ur gonna do awesome n cya on the other side:)) keep us in tha know!

I was ecstatic when I was told I wouldn't need the preop and crushed when I was told I did afterall. It has been the BEST thing. I would not have believed how much more prepared I feel for this lifestyle change.

That's what I'm praying for!

Holy moly did I have a bad night last night. I was doing GREAT...still so excited about my surgery which is tomorrow, and all of a sudden, it was like the floor fell out from below me, and I started getting extreme nausea and heart was racing, and I couldn't sleep (got about 2 hours). I got my surgery time today and spoke with the nurse who called, who recommended I call my primary for an anti-anxiety medication - she had no problem calling in a script for me...but sheesh, I had no idea that would happen. This time tomorrow I should be all done...with some extra anti-anxiety meds :)

MnWin YOU WILL DO GREAT!!!!! I know that this is a huge change for you and it'll be a process, but you got this!!!!! Tomorrow your going to be a new person on your way to a new life! This is going to be PHENOMENAL!!! And you have all of us DECEMBER 2013 sleevers on your side.

I'm with you, I'll probably be making this same post about nerves and anxiety on Sunday! But we just have to say, "We can do this, God is on our side and he will bring us through this!" Take a long bath, relax, try to rest, it'll be just fine!!

I can't believe how fast this day came. My nerves. .my head. .This liquid diet...ughhh. Anxiety is thru the roof right now. Tomorrow...Tomorrow. .I love you tomorrow!

Thank you all for your encouragement and support. I honestly just don't know why this happened all of a sudden, but I am prepared now with the tiniest little pills I have ever seen.

MnWin YOU WILL DO GREAT!!!!! I know that this is a huge change for you and it'll be a process, but you got this!!!!! Tomorrow your going to be a new person on your way to a new life! This is going to be PHENOMENAL!!! And you have all of us DECEMBER 2013 sleevers on your side.

I'm with you, I'll probably be making this same post about nerves and anxiety on Sunday! But we just have to say, "We can do this, God is on our side and he will bring us through this!" Take a long bath, relax, try to rest, it'll be just fine!!

This is the best motivational speech ever! I think it should be copied and pasted every day on the new surgeries list! lol

No sleep apnea for me!!! Waiting on my doc or my docs office partner to clear me

I'm on antianxiety meds and have a tiny one for backup. I was told to take both of my daily pills plus my backup pill on the morning of surgery! lol

My nerves are waaay up!!!!!

Did the sleep study last night and the sleep doc found nothing wrong -- no sleep apnea. Just like I thought

Still waiting for my primary doc who is conveniently out of town to clear me -- most likely the other doc in her office will clear me ASAP

One day liquid fast starts tomorrow (oy!!)and VSG scheduled for Thursday dec 12

Yikes!!!!! Aaaahhhh!!! I know a new and better quality of life awaits me

Feeling like I may need an anti anxiety pill but I'm trying to stay strong --- avoiding negativity from family and online commentary on the subject of WLS and trying my best to stay positive

I am 4 days post-op and feeling pretty good. Minimal pain, getting up and walking a lot. Im very bloated and gasey. I should have started a stool softener but did not because it wasn't ordered. However, i am using gas-x which helps to an extent. Weighed myself yesterday, bad idea. Im up 11 pounds since surgery :( but ill keep trucking along

I am 4 days post-op and feeling pretty good. Minimal pain, getting up and walking a lot. Im very bloated and gasey. I should have started a stool softener but did not because it wasn't ordered. However, i am using gas-x which helps to an extent. Weighed myself yesterday, bad idea. Im up 11 pounds since surgery :( but ill keep trucking along

Exactly!! Keep trucking along bc this is forever and in time, the weight WILL come off so don't worry. Stay positive, ur just beginning. Gl to u N a speedy more easier recovery!

Ok guys I need your help.

Since today my file was submitted to the insurance, I thought it will be a good time for me to tell my job.

Well my boss was so worried and I felt bad. I don't want to tell him I'm having the sleeve but I want to tell him a procedure that won't me look like I'm dying or Something lol

Deleted repost

Edited by DeezJeanz