Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Atlanta red when is your date

I am finally having mine this Friday, the 13th! When is yours?

I saw on previous entries that both pre-op and post-op patients are having trouble finding a Protein Drink they like or can tolerate. I found nectar by Syntrax on line that I like very much. They have 23 grams of Protein and 25 calories in 8 ozs, and they are a thin drink ( like Skim milk) that are tart and very tasty. They also make a few flavors that are sweet. I really like their lemond-aid, Twisted cherry, very grape, and apple flavors. I still have a few flavors to try yet. What's nice is that they have a group of sample packs you can order for about twenty dollars. I think 10 different flavors come in the sample pack so you can try, then you can order your favorite in a bulk. I also found Chike on line. It's more of a Meal Replacement with high protein 28 grams per 8 ozs. Chike comes in 5 flavors, and banana and chocolate are my favorites so far. They have sample packs also. So look them up and see what you think. I just ordered more of both so I would have them after my surgery on 12-18-13. Hope the info helps.

Be careful ordering too much before surgery. Or at least check to see what their return policy is. You taste does change. In fact I asked my Auntie to make me broth from my favorite Soup, an old family recipe that I LOVE. I put 1 tiny spoonful in my mouth and spit it right out. I couldn't even stomach it. You just reminded me I have some Nectar. I haven't tried it yet. I met a fellow sleever who didn't like it post op and passed it along to me. Its the lemonade one.

I saw on previous entries that both pre-op and post-op patients are having trouble finding a Protein drink they like or can tolerate. I found nectar by Syntrax on line that I like very much. They have 23 grams of protein and 25 calories in 8 ozs, and they are a thin drink ( like Skim milk) that are tart and very tasty. They also make a few flavors that are sweet. I really like their lemond-aid, Twisted cherry, very grape, and apple flavors. I still have a few flavors to try yet. What's nice is that they have a group of sample packs you can order for about twenty dollars. I think 10 different flavors come in the sample pack so you can try, then you can order your favorite in a bulk. I also found Chike on line. It's more of a meal replacement with high protein 28 grams per 8 ozs. Chike comes in 5 flavors, and banana and chocolate are my favorites so far. They have sample packs also. So look them up and see what you think. I just ordered more of both so I would have them after my surgery on 12-18-13. Hope the info helps.

I've been using the Syntrax Nectar unflavored mixed into Water with Crystal Lite flavor packets. Same idea, but just investing in one tub plus cheap flavor packets instead of many different tubs.

I bought the Syntrax samples too. BJ's bariatrics lets you pick the flavors you want. I made a shake this morning with cappucino flavor, 1 cup cold Decaf, a few teaspoons of sf caramel Syrup and a handful of ice cubes. It was pretty good. The smell of the Protein as soon as I add liquid to it kills me! I am going to try so unflavored in my crystal light tomorrow and see how that goes!

Hi All: I just joined tonight. My surgery is December 16th. I am 57, 5' 8.5" - down to 222 lbs from 230. I have been heavy for almost 20 years and wanted to make sure that I did not continue down the path I had been going. You know, high blood pressure, cholesterol and started to worry that diabetes would be next. I am within two weeks of surgery and it is just starting to hit me! I am drinking the shakes now. Did anyone develop headaches the first week of prep? I don't drink caffeine on a regular basis, so I don't think it is that. The nutritionist at my doctor's office said I might be allergic to whey. Just wonder what anyone experienced at this point? Looking at your list of surgery dates on page 101 - it looks like there are a lot of people having surgery on the same day as me. Is anyone else as nervous as I am right now?

Hi Cabstewart,

I'm also a 12/16 sleever! This is is the third day of my Preop and I had a hard time the first day. I felt a little dizzy and I did have something besides liquid. I too am very nervous. I was reading a post about two sisters that had surgery and one sister didn't make it a year, that is what I am truly afraid of. I've never been "under the knife" so my nerves are going haywire! I'm not having surgery to look good, I'm having it because of my co- morbidities and trying to have a better more energy filled life with my two young children. Every time we play I'm tired easily and out of breath and I feel like I'm cheating them of these moments with me because I'm overweight. I don't want to be that mom to them, and I Amos ready to live a healthier lifestyle. Looking good is just the plus of the surgery. But trust me I'm nervous, very nervous. I may need a Xanax before surgery, lol!

SoPeachy28:

Thanks for your reply. We will have to keep each other in our prayers.

I am doing much better with the headaches lessened. I think I am allergic to something in the the Ketogenx shake mix I was drinking. I tried a couple of others such as Oh Yeah with better results. Tomorrow starts the all liquid phase for me. We're only a week away!

I had a hysterectomy in 2005 - with about an 6 incision - I guess I am thinking that if I can live through that I can live though this.

It seems like different people are on different diets before surgery - any idea why they are all so different?

Thanks again for the encouragement!

Clear liquid diet is so hard. Tried Trade Joes chicken broth, yuck! Then Swansons beef broth, tolerable. Next old fashion Campbell's Soup and took out the noodles, that was the best.

At diner trying Unjury chicken broth, drinkable but still not that good.

Thank goodness only 2 day!!!! I would never make it. I am hoping after surgery on the 10th, I can go back to drinking premium Protein.

I saw on previous entries that both pre-op and post-op patients are having trouble finding a Protein drink they like or can tolerate. I found nectar by Syntrax on line that I like very much. They have 23 grams of protein and 25 calories in 8 ozs, and they are a thin drink ( like Skim milk) that are tart and very tasty. They also make a few flavors that are sweet. I really like their lemond-aid, Twisted cherry, very grape, and apple flavors. I still have a few flavors to try yet. What's nice is that they have a group of sample packs you can order for about twenty dollars. I think 10 different flavors come in the sample pack so you can try, then you can order your favorite in a bulk. I also found Chike on line. It's more of a meal replacement with high protein 28 grams per 8 ozs. Chike comes in 5 flavors, and banana and chocolate are my favorites so far. They have sample packs also. So look them up and see what you think. I just ordered more of both so I would have them after my surgery on 12-18-13. Hope the info helps.

Be careful ordering too much before surgery. Or at least check to see what their return policy is. You taste does change. In fact I asked my Auntie to make me broth from my favorite Soup, an old family recipe that I LOVE. I put 1 tiny spoonful in my mouth and spit it right out. I couldn't even stomach it. You just reminded me I have some Nectar. I haven't tried it yet. I met a fellow sleever who didn't like it post op and passed it along to me. Its the lemonade one.

Why do you think our tastes can change post op?

Clear liquid diet is so hard. Tried Trade Joes chicken broth, yuck! Then Swansons beef broth, tolerable. Next old fashion Campbell's Soup and took out the noodles, that was the best.

At diner trying Unjury chicken broth, drinkable but still not that good.

Thank goodness only 2 day!!!! I would never make it. I am hoping after surgery on the 10th, I can go back to drinking premium Protein.< /p>

Try the Better Than Boullion paste. I like the chicken it on its own, a spoonful in hot Water and I added a smaller spoonful into the Unjury Chicken broth. I find it very tasty.

Alright December Sleevers, I'm hoping that this title brings more people in so we can follow and encourage each other through our journeys. I am 40. I'm 5'4" and about 308 right now. I'd like to get to a healthy BMI which would be around 145. I'm hoping for a December 4th or 5th date with Dr. William Johnson. Everyone introduce yourselves! Secret Facebook page (no one can see that you belong to it or see your activity in the group). Click the link below and Vixey can add you to the Facebook group. https://www.facebook....are.u.dead.yet So far as of 11/02/13 [*]Dec 02 Krysta03 [*]Dec 02 gaslimgal [*]Dec 02 jess9395 [*]Dec 02 Annadette [*]Dec 02 sookie [*]Dec 02 Nurse_Bonnie [*]Dec 02 doopa [*]Dec 02 Jerzygurl [*]Dec 03 Tasha420 [*]Dec 03 SouthernCharm [*]Dec 03 redilla42 [*]Dec 03 skinnynewbecky2014 [*]Dec 03 Sinderelly [*]Dec 03 missmee [*]Dec 03 Browneyedgurl [*]Dec 04 L-in-NJ [*]Dec 04 Healthbound [*]Dec 04 Katdrox [*]Dec 05 Blondiee [*]Dec 05 Lioness813 [*]Dec 06 kyholder [*]Dec 06 harleychic [*]Dec 09 De-jo [*]Dec 09 AshleyMidwife [*]Dec 09 Sweettart702 [*]Dec 09 MShell [*]Dec 09 Carlotta [*]Dec 10 hopecomeswithtime [*]Dec 11 liciamarie [*]Dec 11 KaminaBlue [*]Dec 11 Only1likeme [*]Dec 11 soul2bleed [*]Dec 11 Volfan [*]Dec 11 dencob1 [*]Dec 11 MnWin [*]Dec 11 onedaycloser [*]Dec 11 Scraglycat [*]Dec 12 amills [*]Dec 12 kellymoon [*]Dec 12 honeylove [*]Dec 13 Mommie4 [*]Dec 13 amduc (and husband!) [*]Dec 13 Under1star [*]Dec 14 Sleevin It [*]Dec 16 slvrsax [*]Dec 16 elhudge [*]Dec 16 Mfs [*]Dec 16 MGR1852 [*]Dec 17 Shelly70 [*]Dec 17 Serenah [*]Dec 17 ginnie290 [*]Dec 18 Sns513 [*]Dec 18 Nona337am [*]Dec 18 gemgirl [*]Dec 18 mija1980 [*]Dec 18 Teachamy [*]Dec 26 ReEstDec2013 [*]Dec 27 Carmen1963 [*]Dec 30 elsnanny No date yet: [*]AtlantaRed [*]beansmomma [*]HoustonTexanFan [*]AngiD [*]fpmr96a [*]SueRN [*]Simpley_ke [*]Vixey [*]macman [*]MonisNatural [*]fmpr96a [*]Tarheel79 [*]SeniorMoment [*]Coachk [*]kan7525 [*]caligirl3 [*]Besleeve It

MrsFalconer Dec 4th

Well time is now winding down and i only have a week and a few days left... How is everyone feeling about there upcoming surgery...

How are all the December 18th sleevers feeling right now? is it real yet or not really?

I'm still very excited about mine! I find it so bizarre that I haven't eaten anything in 9 days! Four more to go and then surgery Friday!

I'm still very excited about mine! I find it so bizarre that I haven't eaten anything in 9 days! Four more to go and then surgery Friday!

Thats very good!!! Just a few more days then its your time to shine in the or (= i hope your next four days go wonderfully..