Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GAY Bandsters

Hey Benbax...I just noticed that you got done by Fielding. I was also done by him at the end of last Nov. I have lost about 35lbs since the beginning of everything, but I think I am sort of a slow loser. By now you are undoubtedly done with the surgery and on your way to being able to eat things other than liquids. Anyway, just wanted to say congratulations and I wish the best for you and your partner. I dont think you could get better care from the NYU group so you are in good hands. The best of luck to you!

:clap2:

Hi All:

Just sitting here thinking about tomorrow - when I am getting banded!!!! :clap2:

I've lost 12 pounds during pre-op liquids. I have a great surgeon and I'm looking forward to much success. I'm really glad to have found this thread and will keep checking in on everyone!

My partner is getting bypass in a few weeks - I just can't convince him to be banded - the idea of the port freaks him out.

But the important thing is being pro-active and on the road to health!!! :)

Best of luck to everyone!!!!

Thanks everyone - was banded 2 weeks ago yesterday and I feel terrific. The first week was uncomfortable - really the chest pains only - but the 2nd week was much better and now going on the 3rd week and I feel better than ever.

My partner is scheduled for surgery on May 1st - and at least he's now considering the band. He is stubborn though!!!

Eating soft foods now and I can't believe how little it takes to feel "full" compared to pre-band!!

My first "fill" scheduled for May 2nd.

Hope you all are doing well!

Hi all,

I was banded 4-3 and am soooo happy w/ it. I am 20# down w/ pre and post op liquids...and feeling great. This is the best decision I've ever made for myself.

Just wanted to introduce myself, nice to meet you all;)

Welcome kity. Wishing you much successes with your new tool. My partner and I both had it done it at the same time. It is funny how it has worked for the both of us, she lost a lot in the beginnning had one fill, now she is at a stand still needs to have a fill. I had to have two fills and I am losing about a 1lb a week right now. WE are so happy that we had done this.

Thanks Gaychris72. I am still at a 33lb loss for I now feel hardly any restriction. I am not sure when I go in for a fill, but now this is the real hard part. I am hungry and can pretty much get anything down. I think my doc will fill soon enough. I just don't want to gain anything before I get filled. I, personally, think a slow weight loss is SO much better. Better for overall health, better for keeping it off and better to avoid any saggy skin. So keep it up.

Hi Bandstar!

I was wondering if you have had your fill yet? And if it helped with giving you a restriction? I had my surgery on March 27, 2007. I am going for my first fill on May 9. I have come to a standsill with my weightloss. Three weeks and nothing lost.....nothing gained.

Hi Bandstar!

I was wondering if you have had your fill yet? And if it helped with giving you a restriction? I had my surgery on March 27, 2007. I am going for my first fill on May 9. I have come to a standsill with my weightloss. Three weeks and nothing lost.....nothing gained.

Hey cherrycoke,

I have not had a fill yet and am going through the roof. I went to get it two weeks ago but my doctor scheduled it at a place that the table wouldn't hold me. It is SO fustrating going into a place and having them tell you, you are to FAT to be seen here. I blame my doctor. He knows my weight. So now my fill has to be in a hospital. I haven't found out when. I wish I was at a stand still with my weight loss. I am slowly putting it back on. I can eat and get EVERYTHING down. It's crazy. I can't wait for my fill.

Keep up the good work. Not gaining is awesome and before you know it May 9th will be here.

Dee-

Thanks for the welcome! It must be nice to be banded w/ your partner. My partner is a size 10, but she is very supportive. Again, thanks for the welcome. Look forward to more chats!

Hey cherrycoke,

I have not had a fill yet and am going through the roof. I went to get it two weeks ago but my doctor scheduled it at a place that the table wouldn't hold me. It is SO fustrating going into a place and having them tell you, you are to FAT to be seen here. I blame my doctor. He knows my weight. So now my fill has to be in a hospital. I haven't found out when. I wish I was at a stand still with my weight loss. I am slowly putting it back on. I can eat and get EVERYTHING down. It's crazy. I can't wait for my fill.

Keep up the good work. Not gaining is awesome and before you know it May 9th will be here.

I am so sorry that happened to you. Honestly, I am. While I know that doesn't help your situation I also have to agree with you that your doc should have known this vs. putting you through that.

What I am not clear on is why you need to be on a table for a fill if it is under fluoro. A friend of mine is merely too tall for the table. The table stands up and down and goes back to lay flat if that is your doc's technique. My doc has her stand on the floor, faces the equipment and he does her fills just fine. He has a 70 BMI person that he has no problems, we all stand for fills regardless of size. Short people need to stand on the edge of the table (again, it is up and down vs. flat at that point) merely because they are short. Weight isn't even an issue.

I am so sorry that happened to you. Honestly, I am. While I know that doesn't help your situation I also have to agree with you that your doc should have known this vs. putting you through that.

What I am not clear on is why you need to be on a table for a fill if it is under fluoro. A friend of mine is merely too tall for the table. The table stands up and down and goes back to lay flat if that is your doc's technique. My doc has her stand on the floor, faces the equipment and he does her fills just fine. He has a 70 BMI person that he has no problems, we all stand for fills regardless of size. Short people need to stand on the edge of the table (again, it is up and down vs. flat at that point) merely because they are short. Weight isn't even an issue.

Thanks so much for the concern. I have no idea why they said that. When I finally get to see the doctor, I will find out more and rip him a new one.

Hi again Bandstar!

Well...I'm with you. Stepped on the scale again this morning and nothing. And it's "nothing" only because I've had to REALLY work hard at not eating everything in sight. I try and I try and then I try again with eating less or just doing liquids, only to get so hungry that I eat all the bad things I can get my hands on. I can't wait to see if the fill will make a difference. I think I thought I finally found my miracle weight loss cure that would make me drop pounds by the day....and with that not being the case, I'm disapointed.

How about with you?? Anything new???? How is it going?

Cherry, believe me when you get the right amount of fill it will be worth it, you have to remember the the band is a tool to help you. The pounds will drop. I drop about 3 or 4 lbs a month I am happy with that. My partner is at a stand still, so she needs to get a fill, so we will be setting up an appointment for her to get a fill, who know I may need one then. So don't get discouraged, I know, I was like that in the beginning when she was losing and I wasn't. Hang in there.

Thank you Dezbus!!!

I am trying to stay motivated.....and I know one day everything will finally "click". But dang it! What I would give to just snap my fingers and be the "perfect" weight. I'm going for my first fill on Wednesday. I can't wait to see what it will feel like.

Thank you for being there to let me gripe and complain :-)

Anytime Cherry, Let me know how your first fill goes. I had to have two fills before mine started to kick in and then it was about a month after the second one before it hit.

Just wanted to say that I think it is great that we can be a supportive community on LapBandTalk and all come together for our purposes in weight loss. I am one of those straight girls (although a little bent if you know what I mean) but I think it is great that we can all come together to support each other in our endeavors.

Plus, it is always nice to make new friends. Welcome everyone!