Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First consultation tomorrow

Wed will be my first fill..im excited but nervous. One because I am starting to get hungry again and I noticed I dont have that full feeling like I had the have e first two weeks of my surgery. I dont believe ive gained any, which is good because I did lose alot quickly. But in the other hand ive lost inches...on my legs and thighs (yeah!!!! ) I can say I havent had a huge meal but I cant figure out how to stop the chips and salsa:(

Yay!! Nice to see SA in the house. I have my 6 month visit at TR this thursday and hoping they schedule me for my surgery soon. How long after your last pre op visit did you have surgery? Im going thru my insurance which required six months pre visits and weigh ins. Would love to meet up with any of you, pre or post patients. Like sweetrose, im excited and nervous. Also doing this for my kids. 4 and 6. Text me any time. 210-392-6725

Anyssa

Anyssa, I wasnt to sure who you were asking but mine went pretty fast, due that my insurance had really nothing to do with my lapband. Saw dr in sept had surgery in oct.

Actually had it there, they will let you know which one it is. The nurse were great, I even have a pic of my lapband in me...its kinda kool.

I was banded exactly one year and 2 days ago by Dr Carcamo in San Antonio through True Results. I have nothing but great things to say about both the surgeon and the staff at TR. So far I have lost around 100lbs in this year. For me I wouldn't take back my decision of getting banded because its a great tool to get your life back. I was weighing at my heaviest 270 lbs and im only 5'2. Needless to say I had no energy for anything. Im not going to lie and say its been easy but nothing is ever easy. Take the 6 mos of surgery prep and really think about why you want the surgery. I dont want to sound negative or anything but the lapband is a tool its not a get skinny quick scheme. If the tool isnt being used the right way it wont work. As long as you listen to the do's and don'ts and follow them you will be very successful. If you have any questions send me a message.

-Roxie

Hi!!! I am definately not wanting to lose the weight too quickly. My friend lost weight super fast with RNY and it cost her a great deal of trouble. That is one of the reasons why I picked the band.

I was banded exactly one year and 2 days ago by Dr Carcamo in San Antonio through True Results. I have nothing but great things to say about both the surgeon and the staff at TR. So far I have lost around 100lbs in this year. For me I wouldn't take back my decision of getting banded because its a great tool to get your life back. I was weighing at my heaviest 270 lbs and im only 5'2. Needless to say I had no energy for anything. Im not going to lie and say its been easy but nothing is ever easy. Take the 6 mos of surgery prep and really think about why you want the surgery. I dont want to sound negative or anything but the lapband is a tool its not a get skinny quick scheme. If the tool isnt being used the right way it wont work. As long as you listen to the do's and don'ts and follow them you will be very successful. If you have any questions send me a message.

-Roxie

Hi Roxie1705 I will hopefully be banded in January. I am still trying to get the hang of this. What are some of the don'ts you have encountered.

Hi there, well i have my first consulation this friday nov 8,2013. am so sike up . i have done my homework. but let see what the doctor tells me on friday.

Congrats! I had to wait 3 months and we. Just submitted to insurance last Wednesday so I'm just aching for a response so I can get mine done! See you at the finish line!