Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2007 Bandsters Excerise Challenge

well, I exercised 15 days in January, which is over 50%... not as good as I should do maybe but this is more than I have done in at least 7 years... so I am proud of me. I only count things over 20 minutes straight like brisk walking, etc.

My Feb goal is to exercise more than I did in January. :D

I haven't joined a gym yet still searching. I am starting on Monday my cleansing and work out challenge. I will be doing the master cleanse to cleanse my body throughly of all toxins and waste. People call it the lemonade diet but it is a cleansing. I have the complete book that was actually written in 1976. I have done it for ten days so this time I want to try for 20. I have also started doing the biggest loser dvd. its pretty good it has approx 5 different workouts. So I am going to commit to working out 5x's a week. My DVD or walking the lakefront in Chicago. I am glad you all are doing well. Look forward to our progress together. I will be posting daily. Be Blessed

Hello everyone, long time since I've been able to get online. We've been doing a major remodeling job at home, we just completed 2 rooms now. And needless to say, the gym was the last thing on my mind. But, now that we've completed them, I went back to the gym yesterday and will be going tonight. I am also waiting for the hospital to call me to schedule my 2nd fill. Seems that I've lost restriction a bit and want to be a little tighter.

Will check back later.

I got up this morning at 5 am and made it to the gym - now, lets see if I can do it the rest of the week too!

Hey there! Of course we can still do the thread! I'm on my 11th week of the Body For Life Challenge and next week will be my 12th week. I'm so happy I finally finished the challenge! I've started it so many times, but NEVER made it to the 12th week, but this time I'm going to make it!

I don't know where I've been but I didn't know we had this thread...duh!!

My goal is five days a week, 3-4 miles a day. I need to do some strength training but know I won't get to a gym. So, maybe in the evenings I'll do resistance training using my own body weight...push-ups, situps, squats, lunges, tricep-pushups...

Shawn

Shawn - good goal!

I'm on my 12th week now - and still going strong in the exercise dept. I am leaving tomorrow for a short mini vacation with my 14 yr old daughter, her friend, and my sister in law and her daughter - its a girls trip. But I plan on exercising at the hotel (it has a gym!)

Okay,

For the past two weeks I've managed to walk four days a week for four miles at a time. I feel really good. The last day I walked with 2 pound hand weights, but I didn't enjoy the walk as much. Not feeling like I walked as fast or hard.

I've also added squats to my routine...four sets of 20 as I walk. I stop periodically and get after em. I wonder what the folks in the country think of that sight!! HA

I should be able to do the five days this week...no early appointments. I really enjoy it. I am active on the weekends...lots of chores and dog training to do.

How are you ALL doing?

shawn

Shawn that is great! I've taken a break on lifting this week, but have managed to walk. Monday I'm starting another Body For Life challenge and ready to get back to building my beach body. lol.

I love exercise - actually its not the exercise I love, but the way it makes me feel and look.

I just can't seem to get my butt in gear!!!! AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGG

I think once I see some weight of on the scale, I will be remotivated. I am going to force myself to do some sort of exercise today just so I can post here and be accountable to you guys!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!

Okay Audree,

I'm going to check back later to day and see if you've kept your word! Accountability indeed. I did my walk this morning. I'm going to have a Protein Drink for Breakfast, do some billing for my buisness and then get to work for my first client at 11. Ahhh, that's the life! HA

Get after it all!

Monday - did 20 min of HIIT on Elliptical

Tuesday - my plans (20 min of HIIT on Elliptical) and 45 min of weight training

I am mixing my exercise up over the next few weeks, but when I get back from my cruise, I plan on starting another BFL challenge on 8/13. Until then, I think I will be doing some circuit training and trying to burn fat.

Anyone up for a challenge? You ladies & men ready to countdown to our 1 year anniversary? Most of us have about 3 months before our 1 year anniversary.

Ready to make these last 90 days count? Even thru the holiday season? Well, I am!! Who is with me? I can't do as much exercise since I am on a leg brace & crutches, however, I'm going to do whatever and whenever I can. I want to make each day count and see how much I can lose before my 1 year anniversary! So here goes day 1 of 90 -

Exercise:

Recumbant bike 15 min - I have to go really slow, still trying to get my knee to move.

leg lifts with ankle weights - I can't do weights yet, but my therapist have given my 2 lbs ankle weights and I can do leg lifts. Its a start!