Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fish Oils

Hi there, pre-op and have been weaning off of supplements prior to banded life not long from now. There are the giant chalky calcium/mag/zinc I can barely get down now, SAMe, etc. Arthritis is way up, however, and I realize it's because I stopped the big fish oil capsules, too -- guess I really need those. Any one here found a liquid form that is band-friendly or other method for delivery? Guess while I'm on shakes I could pour it in there but then it's a whole cup of blech......any advice from those who need to take supplements is very welcome!

I take the giant liquid softgels and they go down okay.

Oh thank you; that is good to know. I am just not sure what to expect.

These are what I take every morning....Omega's, Vitamins and supplements....

But of course, this is me and like anythging else, you will need to get to know your band....

I can take these pills everyday, but I cannot tolerate bread or similar products...

/

DSC_0001_zpsb8ba1d3c.jpg

Hi B-52, those look pretty familiar! Thanks so much. I guess it will be a leaning process once banded but I'm glad that I probably won't need liquid everything. Love my fish oils -- need them to move! See you've got your Vitamin D there, good. Calcium, etc.

I take schiff megared fish oil capsules. They are tiny. They cost a little more than other fish oil but it's worth it if you need to take it. I got lucky last month and bought the cvs brand and it was buy 1 get 1 free.

I take schiff megared fish oil capsules. They are tiny. They cost a little more than other fish oil but it's worth it if you need to take it. I got lucky last month and bought the cvs brand and it was buy 1 get 1 free.

Thank you! I may need to go to a smaller cap while getting used to my band -- and Schiff is a good company as I recall. I've been taking New Chapter Wholemega -- wild Alaskan salmon, no farmed oils. Now the Calcium -- those are not only big and chunky but they are kind of chalky, too.

Bandista - I take liquid Calcium & magnesium, and it's pretty good. The brand is Solgar, and I get it at the Vitamin Shoppe - strawberry flavored.

I can take just about any size pill without issue. Though I've been using the Celebrate chewable Multivitamin, once their gone, I'll be going back to the one/day multi capsules I was taking pre-op.

if you do have problems I think you can get fish oils in a Gummy if it comes to that.

I use a 30 day supply of Vitamin pack that has 3 Multivitamins, 2 minerals, and 1 Omega 3. I can swallow all the pills. Obviously, not all 5 pills at once. I take one at a time and wait to feel it pass before I take the next one. I love this Vitamins because its coated with a mint coating and its real smooth to swallow.

Don't stop taking your Vitamins, even if you have to blend them in your Protein shake. Taking these 3 vitamins has improved my hair, nails, and skin; they also give me energy.

http://www.showstopperwraps.myitworks.com/shop/product/317/